MY Experience with NaturalistaCosmetics

Coffee

On July 11th, I finally broke down and ordered a jar of the Juicy product everyone was raving about. July 23rd I received an email saying my order was next to be sent out. When I hadn't received it by July 29th, I emailed to see what the problem was. I got a reply saying she thought I had it and would mail it out that day. On Monday August 1, I received what I thought was my Juicy, when I opened the package it was the Castor Oil Growth Serum with someone else's invoice in it. I emailed to let her know I had received the wrong item, plus someone else's invoice. She said she would correct it and mail the correct product out 1st thing Tuesday morning. Since I didn't get a tracking notice I emailed her 2 x asking if my order was mailed and to let her know I hadn't received a tracking notice. I didn't hear back from her, so I posted my message on FB asking the same thing. Well this morning when I checked to see if she had answered, I saw that my message had been deleted :perplexed. Today (8-3) I emailed her and posted on FB asking that she send me my tracking info, as of this post, I haven't heard back from her.

I am really patient and understanding, but this lack of customer service is really getting on my nerves.:perplexed. It took me 31 days to get my order from HairVeda and now this. I want to support and encourage Black companies, but they make it difficult to do so :nono:.

I forgot to say she did refund my payment and told me to enjoy the Castor Oil Growth Serum, but I had just recently purchased a bottle of it, so didn't really need another one. I do appreciate that, but I still want what I ordered :yep:.

Last edited:

BrookeLynn

I was actually going to do an overall review on my youtube channel when my laptop died on me.

Is the product good? Yes. Is it worth 12.50 + 6.00 S&H and the international shipping time? No. I picked up some Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie the other day and I am far more in love with this cheaper product that I can pick up at Walgreens or Target whenever I want which means instant gratification. AND the product is much bigger The Juicy Leave In is like Barbie Doll size. No lie.

13StepsAhead

This is so disappointing. You try to support these new businesses and they FAIL like nobody's business. I received my shipping confirmation last week and it still says pre-shipment info. e-mailed her yesterday and still no response. Really son :ohwell: I really don't have the time or the patience with these vendors and you would think as a new vendor your CS would be top quality. For now on I'm really limiting my choices to established vendors and no pop-up overnighters (unless a really good deal comes along). There are way too many people you who visit the forums and feel the can capitalize on poor PJs like me, but what they forget is that WE ultimately make their little business.

ETA: I don't mind HV because her products are inexpensive and well worth it. I also only place orders during a sale so I expect wait times to be longer.

Last edited:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Barbie doll size... :giggle:

Coffee, sorry you're going through this. It seems like the sting from this lack of customer service is worsened by the fact that the Order-All-The-BT-You-Want-You-Still-Ain't-Gettin-Jack Gate is still alive and well. :nono:

When are these vendors gonna get it together? How you gon' be a new business and not have at least DECENT customer service? :perplexed

I don't have the patience to order from Hairveda, I really don't. When I order my hair products, I expect them to be shipped out ASAP and will bug thee HELL out of a vendor until I get that shipping notification in my inbox... and then I'll stalk the UPS/USPS website 'till it says "Delivered" :lol:

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
That's why I don't mess with new companies. Cuz I'd be damned if I had to go through that kinda mess.

13StepsAhead

Charz I'll tell you this. This is the last time and I'm tempted to file a dispute with paypal if she don't return my message by tomorrow.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Repost from the U1B1 Thread:

I don't know how some of ya'll can be so nice to these vendors. If I have not heard a response in 24 hours I file a dispute. I don't care who they are, or if they are a black business or not. They can atleast respond to me stating that they are going to get back to me, or they are checking the status or SOMETHING.

Unless it states in their terms and conditions about a particular wait time, a la Hairveda, this kinda behavior is unacceptable. If we don't start holding black businesses more accountable, they will never get any better.

That's why I support businesses like Qhemet and Curl Junkie, and companies like Nordstrom, Sephora and Apple. Customer Service is key!

@13StepsAhead It ain't about being nice, it's about BUSINESS! Get your money! That's why I appreciate that Qhemet doesn't take your money until your order SHIPS! That is how it should be!

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Well, although you are having a tough time getting your product, you have to at least give her/them props for giving you refund. Nobody is perfect and stuff happens. I shipped out an item for a customer once only to get it right back because I didn't put the correct shipping info down! I was embarrassed and I apologized.

Sorry for your experience.

LittleLuxe

Honestly sad to say save for 2 trustworthy companies I don't order from Black Haircare Businesses online. I like to order a product and know I'm working with an established company that will function in such a way that I don't have to be on anyone's back ( tracking numbers, emailing, calling or facebooking anyone) I like to wait 5-7 days and not stress over late shipments, 20 day waits, blah blah blah.

The other sad reality is the market for small kitchen businneses to make all natural products is no longer exclusive to them. You noelw have a lot of established companies and brands selling hair products without silicones, sulfates, paragons or mineral oils for me to be funding folks who frankly...just suck at what they do.

People need to step their game up because incidents like BT -stealing, Afroveda/Hairveda - using bases, and now this company - issues with slow *** shipping and getting the wrong product (you're not the only one OP) are ruining it for others.

13StepsAhead

Repost from the U1B1 Thread:

I don't know how some of ya'll can be so nice to these vendors. If I have not heard a response in 24 hours I file a dispute. I don't care who they are, or if they are a black business or not. They can atleast respond to me stating that they are going to get back to me, or they are checking the status or SOMETHING.

Unless it states in their terms and conditions about a particular wait time, a la Hairveda, this kinda behavior is unacceptable. If we don't start holding black businesses more accountable, they will never get any better.

That's why I support businesses like Qhemet and Curl Junkie, and companies like Nordstrom, Sephora and Apple. Customer Service is key!

@13StepsAhead It ain't about being nice, it's about BUSINESS! Get your money! That's why I appreciate that Qhemet doesn't take your money until your order SHIPS! That is how it should be!

@Charz thanks for bringing me back to reality(dispute done and done :yep:). You are right Qhemet is #1 on my list because of her CS. I had an OHHB crack and spill 1/2 way out and she responded to my e-mail the same day and sent it a replacement out right away (free of charge).

BraunSugar

I empathize with anyone who has had issues with smaller businesses regarding receiving the products they order or receiving them in a timely fashion.

One thing that we need to remember is that a lot of these people who start these businesses are not very educated in the entire realm of business. Customer service is a huge part of business and the best customer you can get is a return customer. I think a lot of businesses look at how many customers they can get as a whole instead of looking at it like this: Let's say I make BraunSugar creamy sweet cobbler styler & I sell 300 units to 300 customers. That is great, but what if I sold 700 of them to only 55 people that are happy with my service and products?

What happens if people really like my products and they take off? People start ordering from me quickly? Now there is just me making these products and trying to get them out. A lot of these businesses do not hire new people to help them keep up with the demand. There should be somebody these to do shipments, to handle transactions, to package, etc. You need to make sure all of your bases are covered.

These are things always in the back of my mind, so I rarely buy from smaller companies until they have had their feet wet for some years and have learned how to actually run a business.

PJaye

That's why I don't mess with new companies. Cuz I'd be damned if I had to go through that kinda mess.

Charz

I definitely hear you because I learned this particular lesson the hard way over the past couple of months – from the nasty Tiiva oil and their equally as funky attitude about it, to that Patience Hair Oil chick not sending me my order and ignoring all of my emails for two months.

I am going to be extremely discriminating with my future purchases; and, thus far, only Shescentit and Qhemet have earned the right to my continued patronage (sorry Hairveda but waiting almost two months for a conditioner that largely consists of a manufactured base isn’t worth it).

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Just wanted to come back in here and add another stellar seller: Claudie.

Her customer service is the best I've come across in all the years I've been on this board. She's patient, sweet and asnwers all questions thoroughly. If you send a question, expect an answer within a few hours.

Awesome lady, fawesome (yes, fawesome :lol: ) products. :grin:

Coffee

I just emailed her again requesting the tracking number for my order she said she sent out yesterday. How difficult is it to email me that info......unless she didn't send the order. She's not responding to any of my emails, but she can post on FB :nono:.

PJaye

@PJaye WHA?! Hairveda uses bases?! Is this common knowledge?!

Say it ain't so!

tiffers

I recently learned of this tidbit while reading one thread that included a link to the Afroveda bamboozlement thread, which included a link to another thread on another site that gave up the info and the sites where the bases were purchased.

I’ve been giving my Sitrinillah the gas face since last week. I really like that DC, but I haven’t been able to shake the “I’ve been hoodwinked...led astray...run amok” feeling, especially given the extremely long delivery times.

Coffee

This is so disappointing. You try to support these new businesses and they FAIL like nobody's business. I received my shipping confirmation last week and it still says pre-shipment info. e-mailed her yesterday and still no response. Really son :ohwell: I really don't have the time or the patience with these vendors and you would think as a new vendor your CS would be top quality. For now on I'm really limiting my choices to established vendors and no pop-up overnighters (unless a really good deal comes along). There are way too many people you who visit the forums and feel the can capitalize on poor PJs like me, but what they forget is that WE ultimately make their little business.

ETA: I don't mind HV because her products are inexpensive and well worth it. I also only place orders during a sale so I expect wait times to be longer.

I know of companies that will print out the shipping label, to make one think that the item has been mailed, when it hasn't. That gives them a little more time or they can blame it on the post office. The shipping info they sent me on the 25th, is still saying the same thing :perplexed.

LittleLuxe

Yep Hairveda needs 15 days and 10 extra dollars to send a conditioner that's 80% made with bases...yep, fun times supporting small businesses.

This is what Naturalista Cosmetics has to say on their Facebook page

"Thank you all for your patients with order processing! We are working through a huge amount of orders. Your orders are handcrafted and made to order by Padrica. Naturalista Cosmetics has grown so much that we cannot possibly continue that way. Starting in September, items listed will be available and ready to ship to eliminate any possible delays. We thank you for your patients with us as we work through your orders! #thankyou"

In the comment section I saw someone mention that LHCF people were being salty about their service. When I refreshed the page the comment had been deleted. LOL

mingming3

Hi Everyone!

I agree . It took me 2 1/2 weeks to get my order of Juicy leave in conditioner and on the website it said she had plenty of bottles left. I emailed her 3 times and did nto get one answer. Well, at least I did get my product though on Monday. I am with Charz when she says she is going to stick with Qhemet Biologics and Shescentit. I also like
just natural skincare.com as well. Great customer service on all three companies.

JerriBlank

This is what Naturalista Cosmetics has to say on their Facebook page

"Thank you all for your patients with order processing! We are working through a huge amount of orders. Your orders are handcrafted and made to order by Padrica. Naturalista Cosmetics has grown so much that we cannot possibly continue that way. Starting in September, items listed will be available and ready to ship to eliminate any possible delays. We thank you for your patients with us as we work through your orders! #thankyou"

In the comment section I saw someone mention that LHCF people were being salty about their service. When I refreshed the page the comment had been deleted. LOL

"patients":perplexed:

L.Brown1114

I figured. no offense but that lizzie girl sounded like she was advertising like nobodys business. the other youtube video i saw it on it sounded like it too. im gucci

ShortyDooWhop

File a dispute on Etsy. She'll respond the same day or the next, including the shipping number. Good luck.

BTW - what do you all mean that Hairveda products are filled with bases?

An_gell

:lachen: Man, we been cuttin up the last couple days/weeks. Ain't nobody gettin a break with the LHCF members no mo.. lol!!

But on a serious note, customer service is so important and I am already living overseas so that's a pain in itself and having to wait even longer for a product just irritates me. If it ain't already packaged I can't do it anymore, I just don't have the patience.

Hello all this is Padrica with Naturalista Cosmetics!

Please pardon our delays with orders! I have no problems publically addressing any concerns with orders and actually like to let you know what is going on in the case you did not get an update from me. I would be frustrated too and apologize for our growing pains! We try to respond to emails in a timely manner in addition to ship out within our policy. I know all too well the importance of good customer service and we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our customers as often as we can. Our order processeing has litterally grown 600% in the last few months and I am making the steady changes to accomodate how quickly we are growing daily. Thank you to everyone who is supporting our efforts to share our passion with others. We love the products we provide and many others out there do too!

As stated in previous responses, starting in September, all orders will be in stock if it is listed and shipped in 3-5 days. After the patent process is complete there will be more manpower to crank out orders as well. A customer service email has also been established to check orders status. I see all the open orders and let me assure you and we are just about caught up:) Trust me your order is on the way and I am excited to ship out to you.

This venture was a pure step of faith and God has blessed it in ways that I never thought possible. I wish I would have known what to expect when He made it clear this was my purpose. I read alot of things in forums and really, there is so much going on behind the scenes and the speculations are wayyy off...well outrageous.

I am excited about all the new changes rolling out and admit we were not prepared for such overnght success. I really, really, really appreciate the majority of you who are supportive and uplifting! Someone on Facebook let me know bout this thread so I am taking the time to write you. If you have more questions, reach me on my cell so we can talk, 703-498-6377. I am very personable and develop positive and lasting relationships with most of my customers. I am all ears and want to resolve any issues as quickly as possible.

Warm regards,

Padrica

Last edited:

reeko43

Wow, thanks OP for posting. Well it seems that you have successfully generated a response from "Padrica" and hopefully things will go well from here. Too bad others can't do the same cough cough "Caisha":nono: A quick note of acknowledgment and explanation can go a long way!

I really appreciate these these threads. I am taking note of the vendors who have been spoken of positively . I think we can all learn, both customer and vendor, from previous positive and negative experiences.