My colourshines didn't work!

Soul♥Flower

I was so excited to try my coffe bean CS and it did NOTHING! Here is what I did...
1. Overnight oil/honey/vineger treatment
2. Shampoo
3. Deep Condition (Praital silkworm)
4. Colorshine under dryer
5. Conditioner rinse

What did I do wrong?

RainbowCurls

You should have applied the colour before conditioning.
Is your natural colour black or very dark? If so, it's unlikely the colour would show as colourshines don't lift colour.

mahogany66

What color is your hair? I used colorshines about 3 wks ago. My hair is dull black so the result was a shiny brown/black, it didn't LIFT the color but it did color my grey strands.

Last edited:

Soul♥Flower

ooooh, condition first. I'm going to try again next weekend. My natural hair color is 1b (off black/darkest brown). I was hoping the CS would give it a nice brown gloss that you could see under light. Do yall think it's possible to get that result?

Tee

Also, have you tried to see it in natural light? Sometimes you can't see it all until the sun hit it.

cocoa32

rinygirl6 said:
ooooh, condition first. I'm going to try again next weekend. My natural hair color is 1b (off black/darkest brown). I was hoping the CS would give it a nice brown gloss that you could see under light. Do yall think it's possible to get that result?
You should definitely apply the color b4 the conditioner.

Soul♥Flower

Letitia said:
Also, have you tried to see it in natural light? Sometimes you can't see it all until the sun hit it.

Yeah, I did....I even used a flashlight:look:. It just didn't work. I'm going to try it again using the conditioner after the CS.

Thanks ladies!:kiss:

Tee

rinygirl6 said:
Yeah, I did....I even used a flashlight:look:. It just didn't work. I'm going to try it again using the conditioner after the CS.

Thanks ladies!:kiss:

I think that will make a huge difference. Come back and report on your next try.

BronzyBella

mahogany66 said:
What color is your hair? I used colorshines about 3 wks ago. My hair is dull black so the result was a shiny brown/black, it didn't LIFT the color but it did color my grey strands.

This is good to know 'cuz I found my first grey the other day (I just turned 25:ohwell: ) My natural hair color is also off-black. I'm looking forward to experimenting with rinses and semi-permenants this summer.

Kari107

Yes, the color should go before any conditioning. Also I like to clarify my hair before the color so my strands are cleaner and the color can grip the hair. It also depends on the previous hair color for instance my hair was a medium brown I used coffee bean and my hair was a dark brown nearly black. If you have time you can check out my fotki I have pictures before and after colourshine. I love this color after I found out it was being discontinued I went out and bought 2 bottles to stash.

Last edited: