MT and Aphogee

flowinlocks

Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet , but would you use Aphogee while using MT as a growth aid? I lightly apply it (MT) TO MY SCALP EVERY NIGHT. I'm cowashing once a week and washing & dc once a week , (without protein) cause I figure I'm getting enough from my daily treatment , which I'm sure rinses into the hair. The question is this enough or should I treat the ends to fill in holes with the Aphogee or is this too much? Would MT as dc serve the same purpose?

Good question. I think some of the ladies would say that it would cause "protein overload". :look: Hopefully someone can answer that better than I can. Wish I could help.

I apply MT twice a day and at night after I do the MT I spray my hair with the Aphogee Pro Vitamin and seal it with EVOO besides MT doesn't cover all of your hair just the scalp so it's nice to have something on the actual hair.

I apply MT twice a day and at night after I do the MT I spray my hair with the Aphogee Pro Vitamin and seal it with EVOO besides MT doesn't cover all of your hair just the scalp so it's nice to have something on the actual hair.

How long have you been using MT twice a day? Are you seeing faster results?

quite a few ladies have already sufferered protein overload by using another protein with the MT/OCT , They said the 'run off' from styling, and rinsing it out was making it still go 'through the hair' so I would say its a huge risk:nono:

Hey guys,
I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet , but would you use Aphogee while using MT as a growth aid? I lightly apply it (MT) TO MY SCALP EVERY NIGHT. I'm cowashing once a week and washing & dc once a week , (without protein) cause I figure I'm getting enough from my daily treatment , which I'm sure rinses into the hair. The question is this enough or should I treat the ends to fill in holes with the Aphogee or is this too much? Would MT as dc serve the same purpose?

yes MT would serve the same purpose , its Keratin and so is Aphogee

Funny, I asked this question yester day too. LOL I still want to know the answer. I think I'm going to hold out on Aphogee 2-Step, because I want to see where MT takes me before I add more protein. Aphogee makes the hair really hard and I expected MT to do the same. My hair is soooo soft. I can't believe it. What an unexpected benefit.

Oh yeah I'm not using the TWO step I'm using the Pro Vitamin one just so there's no confusion. I don't know how using the 2 step along with MT works out.

I did the 2 step aphogee and my hair came out amazing (I use MT nightly on my scalp) I do have to mention I'm double processed and my hair :love: protein...

Last edited:
Sorry , I just found your question about this yesterday, If you don't use the APHOGEE would you use the MT as a dc in place of it? or only rely on your protein from the daily use on scalp?

I just started a few days ago. So far I have been doing both. I MT as a deep conditioner, massaged MT onto my hair and scalp. Washed it out, creme rinse and messaged again into my scalp. Finish with a moisturizer.

My hair is shiny, soft and noticeably thicker and that's after 3 days! I think using it as a DC and leave-on scalp treatment works for me. :yep:

I use MT in my hair roots every 2 or 3 days.
I wash my hair on alternate days since i'm wearing a wash n go.
When i wash, I leave in the Aphogee Reconstructor in for 5 minutes.
I've been doing this for weeks and have not seen any negative effects at all.

Infact, some people were saying that the Aphogee reconstuctor is very similar to MT anyway.

My Wash n Gos come out so soft and strong, and i'm not noticing any shedding at all.
I guess my hair likes protein.
If I ever see any change in my hair status, i have a bottle of Roux porosity control on hand just to rebalance everything if need be.

Back