Mega-Tek Users- Moisture/Protein Balance

Geminigirl

I have been looking for this thread. The lady kris called me back and the gallon is actually $180. Not sure how this price mix up occured but it looks like I won't be getting the gallon size anytime soon.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I have been looking for this thread. The lady kris called me back and the gallon is actually $180. Not sure how this price mix up occured but it looks like I won't be getting the gallon size anytime soon.

That price makes more sense. How much MT do you think you will use in a month? Is it worth getting a gallon?

I only ask because I mistakenly bought two 16-oz bottles with my first order a year ago. I still am not ready to open the second bottle. :look:

Geminigirl

I just got my mt and I also picked up biotin, msm, and garlic pills. Do I need to take the garlic pills if I take the msm?

I will start the mt today after I workout and shower. I will co wash and apply and always apply on a damp scalp.

Geminigirl

That price makes more sense. How much MT do you think you will use in a month? Is it worth getting a gallon?

I only ask because I mistakenly bought two 16-oz bottles with my first order a year ago. I still am not ready to open the second bottle. :look:

I don't know maybe half. I wanted to deep condtion with it. A gallon is a lot but it smells so good and the gallon has a pump hehe. I will see here with my first bottle how long it lasts.

Geminigirl

Well here are my starting pics, my edges aren't as bad as I thought but they have thinned. I have had my hair in these cornrows for three weeks so it is looking rough. I am going to redo them today and leave them in for probably another week.

I was looking forward to rocking my real hair out but with my edges setback I will protect them a little longer. Oh and I have been stuck at this length for quite sometime. I usually end up cutting it even shorter. That is where PS, vit, and MT will come in handy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1305821912678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305821912678.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1305822003383.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305822003383.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 27
  • uploadfromtaptalk1305822017820.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305822017820.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 26
  • uploadfromtaptalk1305822042396.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305822042396.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 26
  • uploadfromtaptalk1305822078771.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1305822078771.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23

Geminigirl

I thinh I got confused with the purpose of this thread but I think I may post in the other thread fror now on.

Your Cheeziness

I put in a demi-color the other day and wasn't thinking about my phony pony I use so that I can cowash and airdry during my Megatek usage. Iono how that's going to work with reddish hair and a black phony pony. :look:

bride91501

I put in a demi-color the other day and wasn't thinking about my phony pony I use so that I can cowash and airdry during my Megatek usage. Iono how that's going to work with reddish hair and a black phony pony. :look:

:look: :lachen:

I'm sorry....I was trying really hard not to laugh, but I am a very visual person. And the image of reddish black hair with black ends...I can't LOL. It's too late right now lol.

But I'm sure you're gonna make it work somehow chica. And when you do we need pics :yep: :grin:

bride91501

So, I'm on my 10 or 11th day of MT, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised at how seamlessly it fits into my reggie! NO breakage, no dryness....actually, may hair seems so much more moisturized now than it did before. I don't know if that's because I'm going over board with the moisture just to be safe or what, but I'll take it :yep:

Which leads me to ask: Has anyone experienced increased "softness" in their hair when using MT?

I am really surprised by this, as I really was expecting the opposite- to be battling moisture retention. I'm in cornrows and apply the MT straight to my scalp every other night. Although I try really hard not to get any MT on my actual hair, these braids have been in for almost 4 weeks and are starting to fuzz up, so undoubtedly I've sometimes failed in that department. Yet my hair is still super-soft. What gives?

Last edited:

bride91501

I thinh I got confused with the purpose of this thread but I think I may post in the other thread fror now on.

Geminigirl - no need to run off....not unless you want to :ohwell: J/K :grin:

Feel free to stay and share your pics, progress and reggie. Think of us as a booster club to the main MT group :yep:

Your Cheeziness

So, I'm on my 10 or 11th day of MT, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised at how seamlessly it fits into my reggie! NO breakage, no dryness....actually, may hair seems so much more moisturized now than it did before. I don't know if that's because I'm going over board with the moisture just to be safe or what, but I'll take it :yep:

Which leads me to ask: Has anyone experienced increased "softness" in their hair when using MT?

I am really surprised by this, as I really was expecting the opposite- to be battling moisture retention. I'm in cornrows and apply the MT straight to my scalp every other night. Although I try really hard not to get any MT on my actual hair, these braids have been in for almost 4 weeks and are starting to fuzz up, so undoubtedly I've sometimes failed in that department. Yet my hair is still super-soft. What gives?

Protein helps in moisture retention, too! And the one time I used MT on my whole hair (just curious), my hair felt moisturized and it had slip. So, I'm not surprised at your results. I'm sure your extra moisturizing and protective styling helps, too. #teammegatek :blondboob

bride91501

^^ ok, this makes sense. Whatever the reason, I'll take it!

I'm taking out these cornrows next week, and doing a blowout for my 1 year BC anniversary. I'll post pics then- probably after memorial day. I'm praying for length ya'll :grin:

NewHairWOWeave

I am soooo thankful to this post. I was searching high and low for information on MT. I will be starting my sclap mix with 2 other co-worker of mine.

I mixed my MT with Vitamin E, Tree Tree Oil, Black Seed Oil and Olive Oil and some Soffeee oil for hair growth. I wll be applying it 2X-3X a week and getting a weekly wash & set at the salon with a Nexxus Moisturising Conditioner.

I currently and will continue to moistuize and seal every night with Profectiv growth and moistiure and sealing products. I will also be keeping my hair for the majority of the time in a PS like a bun. I would like to get maximum growth ;). I will also be taking garlic suplements and using a garlic shampoo and conditioner when I wash at home (2X month)

The Pic below is the before the start of the MT treatment.i will be updating monthly with my progress

Attachments

• IMG_20110519_094018.jpg
    IMG_20110519_094018.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 21

Your Cheeziness

I am soooo thankful to this post. I was searching high and low for information on MT. I will be starting my sclap mix with 2 other co-worker of mine.

I mixed my MT with Vitamin E, Tree Tree Oil, Black Seed Oil and Olive Oil and some Soffeee oil for hair growth. I wll be applying it 2X-3X a week and getting a weekly wash & set at the salon with a Nexxus Moisturising Conditioner.

I currently and will continue to moistuize and seal every night with Profectiv growth and moistiure and sealing products. I will also be keeping my hair for the majority of the time in a PS like a bun. I would like to get maximum growth ;). I will also be taking garlic suplements and using a garlic shampoo and conditioner when I wash at home (2X month)

The Pic below is the before the start of the MT treatment.i will be updating monthly with my progress

Welcome to our little bootleg challenge! I've never heard of Black Seed and Soffee oil! That Profectiv moisturizer used to be my JOINT when I first started my hhj.

Geminigirl

Geminigirl - no need to run off....not unless you want to :ohwell: J/K :grin:

Feel free to stay and share your pics, progress and reggie. Think of us as a booster club to the main MT group :yep:

lol I just felt so alone I thought maybe i was in the wrong thread. I like this thread cause it is small and I am caught up. I went back an read your OP and didn't see anything about posting pics so I felt kinda dumb, but I see it is picking back up in here.

Geminigirl

my regimne will be to take msm, garlic, biotin pills. I will apply my MT straight up and then follow it with scurl and an oil of choice.

mzteaze

lol I just felt so alone I thought maybe i was in the wrong thread. I like this thread cause it is small and I am caught up. I went back an read your OP and didn't see anything about posting pics so I felt kinda dumb, but I see it is picking back up in here.

Posting pics are always cool. :)

Geminigirl

Posting pics are always cool. :)

well yeah! I took my cornrows out and washedeand I must say I am happy with the health of my hair.

Anyone else notice a sore itchy scalp? I like it, I think it is the mt stimulating!

NewHairWOWeave

Your Cheeziness Its a brand is Hollywood Beauty. I got it at the register at the BBS it sold me when i read the ingredients(jojoba, aloe) and it claims it has 8 essential amino acids. and it was .99 cents.. its smells good also

And the Softee Signature Growth Oil can also be used for a hot oil treatment. 2in 1...

LoveCraze

Naturalista
So which Mega-Tek is the one that you all recommend using? The Mega-Tek Rebuilder Hoof, Mane & Tail (blue label), or the Mega-Tek Coat Pet Rebuilder(pink label)?

Last edited:

mzteaze

So which Mega-Tek is the one that you all recommend using? The Mega-Tek Rebuilder Hoof, Mane & Tailm (blue label), or the Mega-Tek Coat Pet Rebuilder(pink label)?

definitely blue label. i'm using it right now in fact.

bride91501

So....I'm taking my cornrows out today and am preparing for my BC/HHJ 1 year anniversary in a few days :yay::yay::party::party: Can you tell I'm excited? :grin:

Ok, question: Is it too soon to expect to see some growth from the MT? It's been about 2.5 weeks. :ohwell::look:

Your Cheeziness

So....I'm taking my cornrows out today and am preparing for my BC/HHJ 1 year anniversary in a few days :yay::yay::party::party: Can you tell I'm excited? :grin:

Ok, question: Is it too soon to expect to see some growth from the MT? It's been about 2.5 weeks. :ohwell::look:

Woot! You better post pics of your anniversary!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Your Cheeziness

Cheezi: How do you use MT as Your DC'er? How long do you leave it on and do you use Heat? I am thinking about incorporating my MT as a DC'er.:grin:

I was going to apply under dryer for 20-30 minutes with heat and follow up with Moisturzing DC'er.

ETA: mzteaze I'd like your use as a DC'er as well. Thanks

Last edited:

Your Cheeziness

@Your Cheeziness

Cheezi: How do you use MT as Your DC'er? How long do you leave it on and do you use Heat? I am thinking about incorporating my MT as a DC'er.:grin:

I was going to apply under dryer for 20-30 minutes with heat and follow up with Moisturzing DC'er.

ETA: @mzteaze I'd like your use as a DC'er as well. Thanks

I don't use it as a DC...too expensive. I just use it straight to the scalp.

Prudent1

bride91501,
I don't think 2.5 weeks is too soon. Some ladies got awesome growth very quickly. I wouldn't say my hair growth took off like a rocket but TBH, the MT has helped me with growth and more protein (my natural hair likes protein). I will continue to take it and recommend it for others. My DDs used some and got immediate results- like within the 2 week time frame:spinning:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Your Cheeziness

Thanks Girl.:grin: I don't know why I thought I read a post in another thread about your using it as a DC'er.:ohwell:

Thanks tho'. I may give it a try. On Freshly co-washed hair and steam afterwards.:yep:

mzteaze

@Your Cheeziness

ETA: mzteaze I'd like your use as a DC'er as well. Thanks

I mix my MT with a little Wheat Germ oil, apply then sit under the dryer (heat) for about 15 minutes. I follow up with one of my favorite moisturizing DCs - just like you plan to do.

I do this once a week and I am still on my first bottle of MT. I think I will run out sometime next month or early July which is roughly one year with the same bottle.