Mega-Tek Users- Moisture/Protein Balance

bride91501

Woot! You better post pics of your anniversary!

I'm gonna post some pics in this thread either tonight or tomorrow to show growth over the last 2-4 weeks (since adding MT to my reggie). I'll also do a 1 year anniversary thread sometime next week.

I don't know why that makes me nervous....I never get nervous! :perplexed:lol:

bride91501

@bride91501,
I don't think 2.5 weeks is too soon. Some ladies got awesome growth very quickly. I wouldn't say my hair growth took off like a rocket but TBH, the MT has helped me with growth and more protein (my natural hair likes protein). I will continue to take it and recommend it for others. My DDs used some and got immediate results- like within the 2 week time frame:spinning:.

Thanks Prudent1. I'm taking down my braids now, and I promised myself "no stretching" until I get all these shed hairs out....no use getting myself all excited over a little something o'nuffin lol.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
So....I washed, DC with Alter Ego Garlic Condish, applied MT,JBCO and peppermint oil mix to damp scalp. I have had the itches over the last week or 2 i've been using the MT, and a little bit of flaking as well. I think I'll step up the number of co-washes per week. Besides Jamaica is HOT AS HECK right now!!!! I swear, nothing feels better than cool water on my scalp these days....smh

bride91501

Finally, I have my life back!!

Seems like whenever my hair is out and loose, work picks up and my life turns crazy for a minute. PS'ing definitely works for me...one less thing I have to worry about on a daily basis lol.

UPDATE:
I took out my 4 week-old cornrows on May 25, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I started MT around May 10, so I knew I couldn't expect a miracle with just 2 weeks of use.

But what it looks like I am starting to get back is some of the long-lost thickness from my childhood that years of weave & relaxer abuse robbed me of :) Since I started MT in the middle of my 4 week PS-stretch, it's hard for me to attribute any of my growth to it, but I got about .75" last month, about .25" more than average (the beginnings of my summer growth spurt maybe?). The true MT length check will come at the end of June.

On to the pics!

Both sets of pics were taken immediately after removing cornrows that had been in for 4 weeks:

APRIL 23

MAY 25

APRIL 23

MAY 25

Ya'll do see the increased thickness, right? My eyes aren't fooling me, are they? :lol: It definitely feels thicker, too.

Papoose

The Phoenix
I'm so glad I found this thread! Tonight, I finally got fed up and decided to start my own MT/Castor Oil challenge. I just"greased" my scalp with it. I just added it to my siggy. So my plan is to use MT and Castor Oil (cold-pressed from Whole Foods) directly on my scalp. Tomorrow, I'll get the garlic supplements and order AE condish. I will co-wash 2x week (good for my fitness reggie too) with a full wash & DC on the weekend. I'm alternating PS & wigs right now. I want a weave, but I'm not sure how that will work with this challenge. I guess I better take some pics. Subbing...

NewHairWOWeave

Just checking in...
I have found that I have about a full inch of new growth over the 2 months since my last realxer. i washed my hair this weekend and it looked as if the spot in front hat broke off was growing back. I hope by 6 months I will see alot of growth.

**keeping to my regimine**

bride91501

I was just about to bump this thread... how is everybody doing??

I think I'm addicted to MT:lol: I love this stuff! It smells soooooo good, and it's hard to explain, but my hair has been so much more....cooperative I guess is the right word since I started using it on my scalp. I'm anxious to see how much growth I'm gonna have after my first full month of using it at the end of June :yep:

I have a tiny little "3b" section at the back of my head that is very fine and feels very fragile (at least compared to the rest of my kinks), so I decided to experiment & applied MT on the length of that section of hair. I left in on for about 10 minutes, then after I rinsed it out, I applied Silk Elements DC (my new favorite DC) for about 15-20 minutes. To tell you the truth, that section of hair didn't really feel like it needed a moisture DC after I rinsed off the MT, but I followed it up with the SE just to be safe. I didn't notice any significant difference.

Your Cheeziness

Yeah...um, I fell ALL the way off! Sawwy! I'm just really enjoying my hair right now and MT doesn't fit into my regimen. I'm glad you're loving it!!

PrimaD

I'm glad I found this thread my MT has been sitting in my shower untouched for a few months. I plan on washing tonight and using on my scalp. My hair loves protein when I was using the MT months ago I was using as an conditioner 2x a week. I also have MTG that I haven't been using any of you ladies that use the MT are you using MTG? If so you are how are you using both?

bride91501

This will be my final post in this thread, since it seems to be destined for death :look: :( :lachen: Unless someone wants to resurrect it, that is...

I promised ya'll comparison length pics after my first full month of using MT, and a promise is a promise :grin:

Found a pic I took on MAY 30 (about 1.5 weeks after starting MT)

JULY 4

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like at least 1-1.5" of growth, maybe a bit more. Overall, I'm quite pleased. My hair is very manageable, and all the fears I had about my supposed protein sensitivity seem like crazy thoughts now. My hair seems to be thriving. I definitely plan to continue using MT.

elaina524

Hello,

I just bought megatek last week and just started to use it every other day. I noticed my hair is healthy and moisturized but I can not get the ends to stop breaking and the Aphogee does not work. Does anyone suggest me to use MT as a protein treatment? Does anyone have results?

tmhuggiebear

so happy I found this thread. I've been contemplating using Mega-Tek but I wasn't sure how it work in my natural hair. I was even more confused as to whether to use it straight or not. So happy too see many naturals who have mastered that balance between moisture and protein.

I think I may try this once my Aphogee 2-step runs out.