MSM Users, how much water are you drinking?

G

Re: MSM dosage chart

Is it really necessary to take Vitamin C with the MSM..I've been taking the MSM for almost 3 weeks and now I'm up to 2000mg a day..I started off taking it with Vitamin C but I felt that I didn't need to take it anymore and stopped..my question is I wonder if the MSM is still effective without the Vitamin C..

G

Also, did anyone notice increased appetites while taking the MSM? I have..and it must be the MSM doing this....

CocoaCure

I drink 90 to 100 ounces per day, but I was doing that before the MSM. I still after almost 2 months of usage haven't noticed any texture change or super growth - BUT it has almost completely eliminated my back and joint pain!!! This stuff is a keeper if it never does a thing for my hair!!!

MissJ

I only take my MSM in 1000mg capsules a few times a week (never back to back days). I think the only detox symptoms that I'm having are the breakouts. I'm not necessarily taking it for my hair, but I read about it on this board that it's good for the joints or whatever. Mine need help! They're not supposed to pop 25% of the time that move.

G

Re: MSM Update

I have been taking 2,000 mg of MSM well over a month now. My natural hair is "straigther" at the roots but I have shrinkage at the ends. If the MSM keeps this up...by this time next year-I won't have to press my hair "bone straight" anymore.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I never had any detox side effects from MSM. I took 10 000mg a day in pill form for 2 weeks, now I take 3000mg a day in powder form. I didn't have any headaches, cramping, breakouts or anything else you have been describing. But I do drink 2 gallons of water a day, so that may be my saving grace. I've been taking it for almost 4 weeks now, and my new growth is soooo managable, I love it. It's coming in in perfect corkscrews and it's very soft.

G

[ QUOTE ]
Cat_Eyed_Cutie said:
I never had any detox side effects from MSM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you take the OptiMSM? It's supposed to be more potent than the regular kind..so most will feel a little detox but then again if you don't have any toxins then you probably won't go through anything.

carameldiva

i was taking 2 capsules (1,000 mg ea) daily however the store stopped carrying that brand so now i take 4 tablets daily. Never had any problems- i drink 8 glasses of water per day(64 fluid oz) and i'm happy with the results been taking it since janurary.