How much H2O R U drinking?

mytia

SuperWoman!
I make sure to drink 32oz to 44oz of water a day but I read in a hair magazine that 64oz should be drank to contribute towards healthy hair. I could stretch it to 64 some days but I think if I drink 64oz of water everyday I'll have no time to do nothing else because 90% of my day would be in the bathroom, I'm already back and forth to the bathroom with what I drink now. Anyway how much water are you ladies drinking on a daily basis?

IvyMichael

I drink on average 72oz of H2O a day. I think that after you get used to it, you don't frequent the bathroom as much, cause you kind of learn to hold it. But I've been holding it for long periods of time since I was a little girl, so maybe its just me :) It really is good for maintaining good skin, and i'm sure its great for hair too. Keep drinking, girl

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I am on the water challenge and it has helped me guzzle 64 oz with no problem! I love it! My oily T-zone is clearing up nicely from this. I hope to see other benefits from it in the long run.

I drink 64 oz. of water on most days. If I just can't do it then I'll settle on 48 oz. Some days I actually crave the water. I slipped up on my water regimen a couple of weeks ago and when I started back up again I was running to the bathroom. Just had to get use to it again.

blkmaryland

64 oz of H2O by itself. But I did read that your body gets water from other sources..yup,even soda.....so my total intake is higher.

ALICIALYNN

Yeah Im With Yall...i Really Cant Keep Up With Exactly How Many Ounces Im Taking But I Try To Drink A Glass Of Water Every Hour Until I Go To Bed And I Have Been Noticing Less Shedding.

Boadicea

I drink around a gallon of water a day, every day. Some times more, but always at least 3 liters (0.79 gallons/101.4 ounces). Just get a water bottle that holds 1.5 liters and drink it twice. That's what I do.

I really don't see how drinking a lot of water contributes to healthier hair any more than drinking other liquids. For over ten years now, I've been drinking nothing BUT water and I honestly don't see a difference at all. It appears to be in exactly the same condition as it was when I used to drink nothing but soda.

This should help: http://www.beverage-digest.com/converter/converter.html

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Boadicea said:
I drink around a gallon of water a day, every day. Some times more, but always at least 3 liters (0.79 gallons/101.4 ounces). Just get a water bottle that holds 1.5 liters and drink it twice. That's what I do.

I really don't see how drinking a lot of water contributes to healthier hair any more than drinking other liquids. For over ten years now, I've been drinking nothing BUT water and I honestly don't see a difference at all. It appears to be in exactly the same condition as it was when I used to drink nothing but soda.

This should help: http://www.beverage-digest.com/converter/converter.html

Ditto.

I can't even count the liters or gallons because it is my main drink. :) Has been for many, many years, as long as I can remember!

I :love: love :love: love :love: water and I can't get enough of it!! I'm a HUGE water advocate. People tell me that's why my skin is in the condition it is in. Who knows? Water is good! DRINK UP!!!!

Here is my intake:

3-4 cups of coffee a week(give or take, depending on how sleepy I am! :lol: )
5-6 cans Ginger Ale a month
2-3 cups of Kool-Aid a month
1-3 cans of pop (coke or pepsi) a month.

Last edited:

melodee

I'm also on the Winter Water Challenge, so I make 64oz. my goal. I hope I can keep it up when spring comes.

Isis

I've learned it's important to drink 1/2 one's body weight in ounces of water daily. This is what I do and I spread it out during the day by drinking a glass each hour (easy to keep track of that way). I pee once an hour also.

I've learned hat water moisturizes the skin and hair from the inside out among numerous other benefits. I've also learned that no other liquids can substitute for water, our bodies know the difference.

L

lkg4healthyhair

I was told by my nutritionist that there is no real substitute for water....but you do get water from diet sodas/teas/fruit etc...as well.

I try to drink one 32 oz (= 1 quart/liter) by 12pm daily.

I may have diet soda with my lunch, then I drink another 32 oz before I leave work around 6pm.

MissYocairis

I drink 1.5 liters a day. Maybe more if I'm going to be staying close to home and less if I've got a busy day out of the office or the house.

mytialpn said:
I make sure to drink 32oz to 44oz of water a day but I read in a hair magazine that 64oz should be drank to contribute towards healthy hair. I could stretch it to 64 some days but I think if I drink 64oz of water everyday I'll have no time to do nothing else because 90% of my day would be in the bathroom, I'm already back and forth to the bathroom with what I drink now. Anyway how much water are you ladies drinking on a daily basis?

miracle

Between 64 and 74 ounces a day. I have two big sports water bottles, one 64 oz and one 74 oz. I fill one of them up in the morning and take it with me everywhere I go. That way, I'm sure to drink at least 64oz a day.

Kimberly

Isis said:
I've learned it's important to drink 1/2 one's body weight in ounces of water daily. This is what I do and I spread it out during the day by drinking a glass each hour (easy to keep track of that way). I pee once an hour also.

I've learned hat water moisturizes the skin and hair from the inside out among numerous other benefits. I've also learned that no other liquids can substitute for water, our bodies know the difference.

This is what I try to do, also. So, for me, that's about 80 ozs a day and my co-workers already know why I'm constantly up and down, back and forth... :Blush2:

RabiaElaine

Hi,

I was on the water bandwagon for a while but fell off. Now I'm back this thread is great it reminded me of how great water is to my body, skin, and hair.

My cousin who I talked about in the Dominican Challenge thread, has been a consistent with drinking at least 64 oz of water per day. Sometimes she drinks 2x that. She's been doing this for at least 9 months now. She's retained almost all of the hair she has grown over the last year, and she's not even on this forum!

Her skin is also flawless, and her nails are always hard and healthy.

She and I have 64oz water bottles from Walgreens. We both have 2, one for home and one for our mutual offices. The bottles cost $3.99 I believe. They look like mini water cooler bottles.

MonaLisa

CantBeCopied said:
I drink 1.5 liters a day. Maybe more if I'm going to be staying close to home and less if I've got a busy day out of the office or the house.

That seems like me as well....I try to do at least a 1.5 bottle of Poland Spring a day...but I may get it from other sources as well..if I don't down it all at home...I like Bolthouse Farms Protein Drinks...and their Carrot and Passion Juices...Orange Juice. Once in awhile...a ginger ale. Very, very rarely an actual caffenated soda.

It takes like glasses of water...to rehydrate the body from drinking 1 12 oz can of caffeinated soda (goes for coffee as well)...so I'd rather just drink the water...soda/caffeine just makes the body more thirsty anyways.:ohwell:

MissMarie23

I have a 32oz bottle that I carry most days. I usually drink 32 ounces before I leave in the morning, and I drink another 64 ounces throughout the day.

luv04

i drink about 5 water bottles a day i started this water challenge back when i was in 9th grade after i read how good it is for you it works wonders on ur hair and skin and overall health water is the ultimate remedy.

YummyC

I drink 2 liters everyday. I crave it. I work out all the time so I have to stay hydrated, it is also great for the skin.

confused_one

I drink about 6 bottles of the Poland Spring .5L size bottles of water M-Friday (refilling of course) if i work out i drink abou 8 bottles. Need to do it on the weekends also.

leontyneb

I drink more than 8 glasses of water a day. I can only do this by drinking out of a big jug that you can get a either CVS or Walgreens and it is called "Water U". This is a 2.2 liter which equals 8 glasses of water. I have one at work and at home. This is the only way I can drink a lot of water and it truly has helped me with my skin. My skin is so clear and it really flushes your system out. Water helps you regulate your system and I mean it helps it to regulate. I don't know about the hair, but they say it works wonders for the hair and skin. If they say its true then I believe it.