MSM and Hair Texture

cocoberry10

Hi Ladies:

I've noticed many of you have mentioned that MSM has changed your hair texture. Maybe it's just me, but I haven't noticed that much of a change.

For those that have noticed a change, how long have you been taking it? I admit that I started taking it this summer, and then I got sloppy about taking it everyday. But for the last month, I've gotten back on the bandwagon, since it has so many healing properties for both hair and body.

I'm okay with my texture, but I'm just curious. Can someone shed some light on it. Thanks!

Divine Inspiration

I started seeing a difference after taking it cosistently for 2-3 months. I just noticed how soft my new growth was and how it looser than before. My hair is a mixture of waves and coils so it was tough to tell the difference at first, but over time, I could tell the difference when I ran my hands through my hair.

cocoberry10

Divine Inspiration said:
I started seeing a difference after taking it cosistently for 2-3 months. I just noticed how soft my new growth was and how it looser than before. My hair is a mixture of waves and coils so it was tough to tell the difference at first, but over time, I could tell the difference when I ran my hands through my hair.

Thanks girlie!:)

HoneyDew

I take MSM crystals and either one of 3 things is happening to my hair:

1. My hair is not growing.
2. My moisturizers are working overtime.
3. MSM is doing something!

I cannot get it in my head that my texture is "changing". But, I do think that is has softened my new hair. Is is much easier to manage and it allows the moisturizer to do its thing. I feel wavy roots and its all good vs. it being trouble and breakage.

sareca

2 weeks and I saw a difference. My hair felt like it was coated. Kind of like I'd left conditioner on it. A nice conditioner. :)

queenspence

sareca said:
2 weeks and I saw a difference. My hair felt like it was coated. Kind of like I'd left conditioner on it. A nice conditioner. :)

Sareca, I LOOVE YOUR HAIR! Are those twisted from the root or is it a small braid and then the twist begins? The color looks good too:)

keluric

Sareca's hair looks to be twisted from the root. Sadly, I can never get the hang of doing that and rely on a braider for it.

To answer your question, I love MSM. It softened my texture in less than a month. I take the powder, probably around 6000mg a day. You may not be taking enough to notice an effect though I did notice a difference when I was only taking 1000mg.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I've been taking MSM for a year....the first month I was sick as a dog from detoxing but after that it was all good, my complexion is amazing (spotless and blemish free) and my hair is "behaving".....I can't say prior to MSM per-say (but definitely prior to LHCF) I never would have been able to get my hair slick/laydown with curl activator gel :nono: so everything I've learned here and the supplements I take is definitely having an effect on my hair texture-wise. :yep:

cocoberry10

keluric said:
Sareca's hair looks to be twisted from the root. Sadly, I can never get the hang of doing that and rely on a braider for it.

To answer your question, I love MSM. It softened my texture in less than a month. I take the powder, probably around 6000mg a day. You may not be taking enough to notice an effect though I did notice a difference when I was only taking 1000mg.

That's what I'm starting to think. I take a teaspoon a day, but maybe I need to up it to 2-3 teaspoons a day. Thanks for the info!

Britt

I've been taking a full tablespoon for the past 6 weeks and haven't noticed a change in anything :look: :lol: yet.