Affirm Lye vs Motions OIL Lye relaxers

LondonDiva

I'm currently using the Affirm Lye relaxer with Olive Oil that I mix into it, and I've been hearing great things about the motions oil lye relaxer, that I'm really tempted to try. The Affrim does work great on my hair but you know we're always on the look out for something to work that bit better.

Are there any previous Affirm users that are now sold on the Motionts Oil relaxer?

Tracy

Right here LD. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I used to use Affirm Mild somwhere in my recent relaxer past. I like Motions Oil better because my scalp didn't burn and because it got my hair less straight than did the Affirm. When the stylist neutralized and conditioned me and brought me to the mirror after the relaxing segment was over, my hairline and roots were still quite wavy. I like that in a relaxer. My hair is fine so I HATE it to get as straight as the relaxer is "supposed" to take it. I like relaxers not to work so well on me. The Affirm with added oil may be a different result than I got though, because I never added oil to that relaxer. Using Affirm, my hair always came out VERY straight. My hair also feels really MOISTURIZED at the roots ??? which I've never experienced with a relaxer - they are a little oily actually....hmmm not sure what that's about! But I like it. If they stopped making Motions Oil I would consider going back to Affirm because I still consider it a good relaxer. Just a bit stonger than MO.

Dionne

I used to use affirm too but latley it has been motions mild. They are good and bad things about both of these relaxers. As far as consistent results, it has been affirm. My hair always comes out very straight and feels moist. I also didn't experience alot of breakage. One plus about motions is that it is easy to find and you can buy all of the products that go with it for not much money at all. The only problem I have with motions is that after a while it starts acting funny on my hair. Some of my hair seems to get very coarse and hard but the motions relaxer will retain some of your natural texture when used properly. My all time favorite relaxer is mizani and I think I am going back to that one in Jan. Between affirm and motions though motions wins.

LondonDiva

Thanks for the responses ladies.

I too find Motion a lil "some-timeish" on my hair. It seems to work when it wants to work, but with the Affirm I get good results consistently. Rather than me look for a better alternative to a relaxer that I find good in the first place, I should stick with what is working for me.

G

I got an Affirm perm in my hair Saturday and it BURNED like heezy! Oh my goodness! I was blowing in, blowing out, doing everything to take my mind off of the pain, but it was awful! That lady made it no better with her rough self. I've had an Affirm relaxer before and it didn't burn no where as much as this one. I guess your scalp CANNOT be irritated at all before getting it done. Not one scratch!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

G

Yeah.........

but still! I've scratched worse than that before and never suffered that bad! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

It was the hairdresser's fault! She yanked my hair apart to base my scalp because, my hair was so hotdang nappy and tangled (I admit I hadn't combed my hair in 2 days). But still! No patience whatsoever! She could've combed it first! Eeeeesh! Getting my hair based should NOT hurt! She was just rough! I wondered how she would've treated my hair if it was all natural like that??? Eeeesh! My style did come out nice though. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I got the flexi rod curls. My pics will be up in January or February, or after I get my weave. /images/graemlins/cool.gif