LYE relaxer recommendations

pink219

I am looking for a lye relaxer that is not too harsh on the scalp and does a decent job of straightening my hair (80-85% straight)

I have used motions and elasta qp oyl relaxer (both in regular) and the both burned and DID NOT straighten my hair, it didn't even look like I got a perm at all.

Also, I have a somewhat sensitive scalp, but hate no lye relaxers (due to dryness).

Any lye relaxer recommendations?

Thanks!

baglady215

A lot of ladies like Mizani Butter Blends. It's supposed to be gentle. I'll be using it for the first time in a few weeks.

I've used ORS Lye and Silk Elements Lye with great results in the past.

Do you base your scalp? That's the key for me with any relaxer.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Revlon Realistic is really gentle. I could leave it on for 15 minutes, no tingling or tenderness whatsoever. If I ever decided to go back to texlaxed hair, I would use this because it was so gentle on my hair and I had no problems with my hair using it. This is the only boxed lye relaxer I've ever seen.... I'm going to get out this thread before I start slipping.:look:

ceebee3

I used the regular Mizani for years and never had any problems with it. I woudn't leave it on too long if you don't want to be bone straight.

sqzbly1908

Mizani Butter Blends...I use the fine/color treated version but if ORS/Motions left you underprocessed, then you might opt for the normal/medium or coarse/resistant.

demlew

I highly recommend ORS lye! I had been using their no-lye for the past 2 years with great results, but realized it was causing major dryness post 6 weeks. I switched to lye late last year and it's so much better. I stretched 9 weeks, but could've gone longer because my hair was still in pretty good shape. I relaxed about 2-3 weeks ago and it's still so straight it looks like a wig - even after a henna treatment.

H0tPinkButtafly

I use mizani butter blends for fine/color treated hair for my texlax and I love it. But I agree with the poster above, u should use regular/normal strength if u want ur hair really straight

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Mische

Mizani Butter Blends is the truth. :love: I use medium/regular and can't see myself ever switching to another relaxer. It leaves my hair silky yet also heavy and thick feeling. None of that limp, stuck-to-your-scalp type mess.

yardgirl

Mizani Butter Blends is the truth. :love: I use medium/regular and can't see myself ever switching to another relaxer. It leaves my hair silky yet also heavy and thick feeling. None of that limp, stuck-to-your-scalp type mess.
All of this

pink219

I think I might give ORS lye a try. It's easily accessible and cheap.

Has anyone tried Vitale lye?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Mizani Butter Blends also has a Sensitive Scalp version

Sensitive scalp formulations are always no lye relaxers. :yep:

I agree with those that suggest Mizani Butter Blends. I also would recommend Design Essentials, and if you're looking for something that you can get right away, I'd say Silk Elements, which is available at Sally's. I am currently using Silk Elements.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Revlon Realistic is really gentle. I could leave it on for 15 minutes, no tingling or tenderness whatsoever. If I ever decided to go back to texlaxed hair, I would use this because it was so gentle on my hair and I had no problems with my hair using it. This is the only boxed lye relaxer I've ever seen.... I'm going to get out this thread before I start slipping.:look:

Co-sign :yep: Very gentle and processes my hair without leaving it limp.

I've been considering making the switch from no-lye to lye ORS. Does anyone know where I can buy the lye version online? I'm concerned about buying bootleg versions of it. I've been searching the internet and I'm concerned that many of these vendors are selling knockoff relaxers. Even their packaging looks wrong. This is what it should look like: http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/products/details/54

I really don't want to take the chance of putting some imitation mess in my hair.

gimbap

I think I might give ORS lye a try. It's easily accessible and cheap.

Has anyone tried Vitale lye?
This is what I was coming to recommend. Vitale Lye is the best relaxer I ever used (not relaxed anymore). Straightened extremely well, NEVER burned.

ORS Lye is good too, but I definitely recommend Vitale Lye more.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Vitale LYE. Wonderful, wonderful relaxer. Hardly any burning and it gets the job done, it got me bone straight when I was going for that look, and it texlaxes me just fine. Mind you, I have extremely resistant hair.

n_vizion

Affirm Fiberguard works really well for me. I can't tell you when the last time I experienced scalp burns and it feels like I'm rinsing out conditioner when I wash it out. According to the creators, this relaxer helps the hair retain more tensile strength than conventional relaxers.

Where are you ladies purchasing your Mizani Butter Blends lye relaxers?

Co-signing Mizani Butter Blends is the bizness. If I'm overseas I usually order it from Ebay or Amazon and when I'm in the states I can find it in most local beauty salons. Stuff is def. the bomb.com...lol