Motions Oil Herbal Mild Relaxer - What do you think?

Dymondz7

I've read a few post here on LHCF that mention one should avoid Motions Relaxers because they damage hair over time. Can anyone elaborate on this and tell me what about Motions relaxer causes problems? :confused: :perplexed

I use Moitions Oil Herbal Relaxer in Mild (with lye) and have been happy with the results. But I don't want to continue to use it if there is the real potential for problems down the road.

Please offer any insight you might have. :look:

Mochalolita

I use Motions Oil Mild relaxer (not the herbal formulation) and have for years. I don't think my hair is damaged from it at all. If nothing else, my hair is in much better condition compared to how it was when I went to hairdressers that used some generic mega strength relaxer on my hair for 50 minutes at a time :ohwell: I think everyone is different, and their hair reacts differently to different products. I've learned, if it works for you, keep it up. And what works for others may not be for you, ya know?

Hugs,
Crys

Whisper

HI :wave:

I just finished texturizing my hair with this relaxer about 1/2 of an hour ago. I am sitting here with the fortifying conditioner in my hair at this very moment. One hairdresser told me that motions processes very quickly.. could that be what you are referring to?
I did use the mild, and mixed it with olive oil. This was my first time using it and first time self relaxing.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I also relax with Motions but I use the Motions Oil Moisture in regular. I like it, it works for me. It doesn't seem as harsh as everything else I've used. I don't think my has suffered anymore than it would if I use any other lye relaxer.

Dymondz7

Thanks for the replys, I've used it for the last two touch ups - I self relax about every 10-12 weeks. I'm not sure what my beautician used in the past, but it was very drying. Combine that with the weekly blow drying and flat ironing & it wasn't pretty. :eek:

I've decided not to go to the salon for relaxers/texturizers because I have very thick and dense hair that is very fine. Many assume because my hair is thick I need a regular or super strength relaxer :look:

My hair straightens a lot faster than they assume it will and I end up with this over processed limp dead hair. Every year I end up cutting off about 4-5 inches. Since LHCF I now understand what my hair needs and I want to be in the driver seat. :grin: So I do my own texturizers with the great care my hair deserves!! :creatures

So far Motions Herbal Oil Mosturizer relaxer is working well for me. If there are no reasons anyone can share as to why it's not a good relaxer, I'll continue to use it. :bouncegre

blackhair

I use the Motions Oil Mild and it work very well for mee. By how you describe your hair me hair the same type. I only leave it 15 minutes and it alright for my bun challenge. If I have to switch to another relaxer it will be the Motions Herbal mild. My Hairdresser has used it once and it worked wonder.

NewYorkgyrl

I have been using motions relaxer for about 8 years now and it did not damage my hair. If anything damaged my hair it was not using protective styles and letting the dominicans blow out my hair. I've learned that my hair can not take too much heat. Since I 've joined this forum my hair has been at its best. I just recently switced to Motions Salon Herbals Relaxer (mild) and I love it!