Motions CPR

soslychic

What kind of a protein treatment is motions cpr? Is it a heavy one, medium, or light. I'm looking for a light-medium protein conditioner that I can use about once every 3-4 weeks. HOw often do you use it?

myco

I would consider it extremely light. I think it is more moisturizing than reconstructive. But it does contain protein, albeit a small amount. In the past, I've used it weekly with no problem at all. If you are looking for something heavier, some people have recommended Nexxus Keraphix or Emergencee. I have personally used Affirm 5-n-1, Sebastian 2+1, and the Ion Reconstructor. The Ion reconstructor is the mildest, cheapest and most readily available of the three. When I use these, I make sure that I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.

HTH

tekmommie

This brings up a good point. It all depends on the texture and condition of your hair. My sister has very thick, coarse hair, dense hair and she thinks it is light too. It doesn't do much for her hair. My hair is medium density and thickness and I can def feel the added strength (I used it a couple of yrs ago).

So you may just need to try it out for yourself.

myco

That is true. I think my hair type is closer to yours, but the CPR definitely leaves my hair feeling different from the other protein treatments I've used. I guess that's why I consider it in the light category. My hair is a lot softer and smoother afterwards, before I even get to the moisturizing conditioner. I will say that the Optimum Hi-Protech reconstructor was terrible for me. The strands of my hair fused together like that stuff was glue. I could actually feel it happening. Conditioning and combing afterwards was torture.

As always, what works for some may not work for others.

tekmommie

Myco...I had the same thing happen to me. I avoid Optimum Hi-Protech reconstructor like the plague...lol (but very serious).

soslychic

Well my hair is not really breaking right now, if it was I'd go for emergencee or aphogee, I just want something for maintenance so it can't be so light that it dosn't make a difference, but I don't want something so intense because that's not neccesary for me right now. So what wou call the medium category?

myco

Of the ones I've used most recently, I would recommend either the Affirm 5-n-1 or the Ion reconstructor. I've never used Keraphix, but it seems like it would be similar to the Sebastian 2+1 in protein levels. I like the Affirm 5-n-1 more than the Sebastian 2+1. I think it can be used once every 3-4 weeks with no problem. I really like the consistency and the way it spreads through the hair. The Ion reconstructor has a more liquid/gel consistency, also easily spreadable. I think it's more potent than CPR. Neither one leaves my hair brittle, but I think they are strictly reconstructors without moisturizing properties like CPR.

I would say try the Ion first since it's cheaper and you can get the small sample packets from Sally's. If you don't like it, you've only spent around $2+ tax.

I also forgot about Aubrey's GPB. I liked it, but I think my PJitis stopped me from using it. I just haven't gotten back to it. More pricey than Ion but cheaper than Affirm. Aubrey's used to give out samples at one point, I don't know if they still do. But you can find the tiny 1 or 2 use bottles at some health food stores.

I think one of those three would work well for you for 1-2x a month use.

HTH