MOST GROWTH OBTAINED

What method do girls think is best method for maximum hair growth and lenght retentio

• sew in weave

Votes: 180 16.7%
  • weekly shampoos with deep conditioning

Votes: 329 30.6%
  • weekly shampoow w/ deep conditioning and cowashes daily or every other day

Votes: 262 24.4%
  • braids

Votes: 278 25.9%
  • dominican blowouts

Votes: 26 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Judwill07

I voted for weekly shampoo with deep conditioning. Actually, I go anywhere from 7-14 days depending on if the weather is really hot. If I'm sweating a lot every 7 days, but if cool, 14 days.

Kindheart

shampooing and deep conditioning,the more i deep condition or do hot oil treatments the more my hair thrive ,i love feeling my hair clean,weaves make me feel dirty .

sapphire18

I voted weekly shampoo w/ deep conditioning and cowashes daily or every other day. But, I don't daily wash with conditioner because of scalp build up.

MeechUK

MeechUK
I didn't vote because I don't use any of the methods. I DC with heat 1 - 2 times each week and shampoo once every 4 - 6wks. Since DCing with heat my hair strands are stronger and thicker and i'm retaining more length. I find that my hair loves water so I moisturise with it and seal with pure Shea butter.

CottonandCurls

I vote braids. It allows me to leave my hair alone but still access my scalp which I need to be able to do to apply my growth mixture. I would like to reach MBL by Christmas so protective styling like there's no tomorrow. I am currently 14 inches in the back and 13 inches everywhere else. My last relaxer was May 2009 and I cut off about 3 to 4 inches during that time. So seems like its working. Also very useful if you are just too busy to style daily or even weekly and just need a change. Wearing braids now. Will let you guys know how much length I've gained on take down which is in about 5/6 weeks.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cotton-and-Curls-a-Natural-Hair-Journey/191472587590680

Last edited:

BlackHairDiva

I vote BKT...i've been BKT'ing for a year...Im the happiest and gained lots of lenght and retained a lot of it. Braids...i had lots lenght but i just couldn't retain the growth

MsDee14

I retained all of my length by wearing single braids with added hair. Sometimes I feel like the added weight from the hair helps stimulate growth. But then again, I usually apply a sulfur mix to scalp when in braids too.

winona

I didn't vote but I poo every 2 weeks and deep condition every week. My hair loves me for it:) In the summer the weeks that I don't poo I use an mask (Ayurvedic, Bentonite Clay,act)