Moisturizing Protein Conditioner???

TexturedTresses

Do you think I can use Nexxus Color Ensure as a light protein instead of Keraphix? Like I could swap between this and nexxus humectress. I havn't used it as yet so I don't know how my hair will react to it. Here are the ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Geranium Maculatum Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Juice, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha-glucan Oligosaccharide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Polygyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 40 (Ci 16035), Red 28 (Ci 45410), Blue 1 (Ci 42090), Yellow 5 (Ci 19140).

spacetygrss

Interesting question. I'll bump this for you.

Does it say that it's a alight protein conditioner on the bottle?

TexturedTresses

humectress is moisture. it doesn't say its a light protein on the bottle. it is meant for colored hair and its also supposed to be good at detangling. Thanks for the feedback.

AngieK

I use the Nexxus Color Ensure Conditioner on a regular basis. No, it isn't a protein conditioner . It is actually an acidifying conditioner and detangler. I like to use it after my relaxers because it really does smooth the cuticle and I think I get a better long-term relaxer result.

As a regular conditioner, I use it when I want a light conditioner that detangles well. Because of the Avocado Oil and ceramides, this conditioner does leave your hair nicely conditioned, but not in a "heavy" way. It leaves my hair moisturized and very smooth and silky. I sometimes use it as an "instant" conditioner, but most times I leave it on for about 20 minutes without heat (it is an acidifyer so you don't want to swell the cuticle with heat).

To try it, look for the smaller tube instead of the full sized bottle.

HTH

baddison

natural for good
I use ORS Hair Mayonnaise. Its mild protein, and the moisturizing is great. You can actully feel the smooth slip of your stronger hairs.....:yep:

AngieK

No, I don't use Humectress becasue it has mineral oil in it. As for the Color Ensure, since it's an acidifying conditioner (that actually used to be the name for it), I don't know if you will get the same result with heat - but you can always try it. When I am not using it as an instant detangler, I leave it on for 20 - 30 minutes. Otherwise, I don't really use this as a deep conditioner.

My "deep" conditioners include the following:

Conditioners
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner (No Protein)
Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Replenishing Conditioner
MOP C-System Hydrating Conditioner
Nadia Banana Brulée Moisturizing Deep Conditioner
Ojon Tawaka Rejuvenating Conditioner

Protein Conditioners
Aubrey Organics GPB
MOP Extreme Protein Treatment

Moisture Treatments/Masks
Hairveda SitriNillah Deep Conditioning Masque (No Protein)
Karen’s Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask
MOP Extreme Moisture Treatment (No Protein)

Pre-Shampoo Treatments
Aubrey Organics Blue Green Algae Hair Rescue Conditioning Mask
My Honey Child Coconut Papaya Hair Paste
My Honey Child Honey Hair Mask
My Honey Child Molasses Hydrating Deep Conditioner
Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

I have my full regimen and products posted in my blog; feel free to take a look :)

sqzbly1908

I use the Nexxus Color Ensure Conditioner on a regular basis. No, it isn't a protein conditioner . It is actually an acidifying conditioner and detangler. I like to use it after my relaxers because it really does smooth the cuticle and I think I get a better long-term relaxer result.

As a regular conditioner, I use it when I want a light conditioner that detangles well. Because of the Avocado Oil and ceramides, this conditioner does leave your hair nicely conditioned, but not in a "heavy" way. It leaves my hair moisturized and very smooth and silky. I sometimes use it as an "instant" conditioner, but most times I leave it on for about 20 minutes without heat (it is an acidifyer so you don't want to swell the cuticle with heat).

To try it, look for the smaller tube instead of the full sized bottle.

HTH
I would have to concur, she hit the nail on the head. It used to be just "Ensure" but Nexxus did not have a product line to protect color-treated hair so they decided to use this and Assure (shampoo). It is not a stripping as most conditioners and shampoos and is very gentle.

sqzbly1969