Help me choose my heat protectant!

shtow

Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Parfum/Fragrance, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Macadamia Ternifolia/Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Linalool, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alphaisomethyl Ionone, Geraniol, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax (D4952/2).

Nexxus Heat Protexx
Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Peg-12 Dimethicone, Pvp, Propylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Silk, Tocopheryl Acetate, Niacinamide, Biotin, Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trideceth-12, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Myristic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Guar Hydroxypro Pyltrimonium Chloride, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Ceramide 3, Avocado (Persea Gratissima) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnimate, Butylmethoxydibenzoyl Methane, Triethanolamine, Disodium Edta, Dmdm Hydantoin, Benzophenone-4, Fragrance (Parfum).

I tried to add a poll, the tab closed and I can't edit it in.

Last edited:

jh1581

I would go with the Nexxus also. I use it on the occasions where I use heat. It makes my hair shiny and smell great after I use it with my flat iron :)

shtow

Thank u 4 ur honest opinions. I read great reviews about both. Anyone tried Redken? I did hear it was heavier tho. But the ingredients in Nexxus seem really good!

Creatividual

The Nexxus one sounds good. I would go with that one. If I weren't challenging myself to stop buying so many hair products I would buy it and try it!:grin:

~*Hollywood*~

Well....I dont use either one of those. I use Silk Elements Heat Protector. It makes my hair real soft and silky and it holds my style without making my hair hard and sticky.:yep: But if you only want 2 use those 2.....I'd say Nexxus because most of their products work very well on the hair and aid in healthy hair!!:lick:

shtow

I have used silk elements before its pretty good. I think im going to go with Nexxus cuz I looked up the ingredients and the first one in the Redken can stay in your system for 5 years if used too much via skin absorption. Im sure this would not happen just from using it once a week but it turned me off.

Jetblackhair

I have never tried Nexxus, but I tried the Redken Smooth Down and it was heavy and sticky for my fine strands. My vote goes to Nexxus.

texasqt

I use Redken but on wet hair before I sit under the bonnet or airdry. Helps tames the frizzies. I use another heat proctectant when flat ironing. IDK I just do. The one I use is by Proclaim and I luvs it! Never used Nexxus. Just thought I'd share ;-)

Last edited: