Moisturizing flat iron hair

soslychic

How do you moisturize your hair after you've flat ironed or rollerset it? Dosn't your hair revert? For example, after flat ironing, maybe say that they moisturize before wrapping at night. How is that possible without going curly again?

jaibee

When I was transitioning flat irons only lasted for a day before reverting no matter what I used on it. The only thing that I can use on my unrelaxed hair to straighten it without reverting is a pressing comb

ms_kenesha

Use somethin that is not waterbased and your hair will not revert. I use jojoba everynight or everymorning when I curl my hair and want it swingy instead of just hanging there.

soulchild

I guess it's not really possible if you dont want hair to revert. However, when I got my hair pressed however, and this was a hard press, I was able to put a little moisturizer on without it reverting.

Next time I will use an oil with only a little moisturizer mixed in for my ends.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
How do you moisturize your hair after you've flat ironed or rollerset it? Dosn't your hair revert? For example, after flat ironing, maybe say that they moisturize before wrapping at night. How is that possible without going curly again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes its possible if you use the lightest mist possible with oil then immediately wrap it up and tie it in a scarf. But if I use moisture and just walk out the door, it curls right back up. I prefer to use just oils in the day time/moisture at night.

perfect peace

DDHair

That is a good question, this is the very reason why I don't get my hair straightened that often, I can't use my best products! Like now, I have my hair straightened, but what I've learned to do is spray my moisturizers in hand and possibly mix it with some oil based product and line the scalp. I really need to find a cream or oil moisturizer that I don't mind mixing with my water based moisturizers in their container. I am scared that I am going to weigh my hair down too with products and I am enjoying the body. So you guys say jojoba oil works? I'll have to give it a try. Thanks.

Brownie

---serums
---oils
---and recently, I started using this for my ends (only when they're straight):

Profectiv: Anti-breakage Strengthening MegaMoisturizer
(Stops breakage, replenishes moisture all day long.) It's in a bottle, pink substance.

some of the ingredients: glycerin, soybean oil, hydrolyzed silk, gelation, flax seed extract, soluble collagen, lanolin oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil.

After flat ironing, my ends felt some what dry. The profectiv product is the only product that made my ends feel moisturized.