Mixing Conditioners

angellazette

What is everyone mixing their conditioners with? i.e. another conditioner, oils, honey, etc. etc. What results have you seen.

I'm thinking of mixing my Lustrasilk Cholesterol with Motions Moisture Plus. Why?? Because I use both at every wash anyway! Then I also may experiment with mixing a few oils in there...coconut oil, olive oil, peppermint etc.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I add one TBS of Elysian Isle Avocado Oil to almost all of the moisturizing conditioners. I bought some BSM and I'm going to try it next shampoo.

karezone

I just mix together all the inches. You know all the bottles with one inch left in them. As long as they are all moisturizing conditioners I don't think that it will hurt.

Allandra

When I use:

· L’Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Crème
or
· L’Oreal Nature’s Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment

I mix it with L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Hot Oil Botanical Treatment.

soulchild

I mix when deep conditioning. I do it different each time. Basically just some conditioner and an oil. For example, LUST+Suave Humectant+Sesame Oil

Lindy

That is SUCH a good idea!!
I bought the Elysian Avocado Oil a while ago when they had that sale, but I'm too lazy to do hot oil treatments all the time. Mixing it with my conditioner would be an excellent way to get some use out of it!!!
Thanks!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Angie K has a great mixture that I've tried successfully:

Elucence Moisture Balance
Elucence Extended Moisture Repair(use sparingly)
Kenra Intensive Emollient

lunalight7

I mixed Elysian Isle Avocado Oil w/ GPB and I LOVED the results. W/o the oil, GPB did not make my hair feel as soft and moist as others raved...but w/ the oil, strong AND moisturized hair!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I have bought it at a health food store (in the cooking section) and on line.

I like snowdriftfarm.com , cedarvale.com, & fromnaturewithlove.com

Peachtree

Hi Angel

Both Lustrasilk Cholesterol & Moisture Plus are my fav conditioners. I've never exactly mixed them, however I have used both during the same conditioning treatment (( ie..applied Moisture Plus to my new growth while adding Lustrasilk to my relaxed strands & vice versa )). I always get wonderfully moisturized hair

I'll mix a lil essential oil or EVOO to my conditioning treatment in a split second

I haven't experimented with honey... I've read soo many tempting reviews on its "shine" properties
.... that's next on my "to experiment with" list

Brooke007

Member, Dumbledore's Army
I mix organic coconut oil, castor oil, honey or black strap molasses in cholesterols. Sometimes all three. It's wonderfully moisturizing.
I also had a wonderfully moisturizing effect when I coated my hair with coconut milk. Left it on for about 2 hours under a plastic cap then I squeezed out the excess and put my conditioner on for 45 minutes (BSM & Cholesterol). Result were moisturizing, detangled slip and a much loosed curl pattern on my 4a/4b natural hair. Now let's see if I can duplicate those results this weekend or was this just a fluke?

AngieK

<font color="brown">I also like mixing things into my conditioners. My favorite ingredients to use are honey and avocado oil. If my hair seems to need a humectant or shine boost, I use honey. If I want more of an oil treatment, I use the avocado oil. And yes, there have been times when I have used both.

Some of you may remember from the old board that I do a pre-shampoo treatment using coconut milk and honey. I think that it provides an excellent balance of oil and moisture from the coconut milk, with humectant and shine from the honey. I leave it on for 30 minutes or more, then wash ONCE with a mild shampoo. After the shampoo, I do an ACV rinse, and then a conditioner with NO heat - most often Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Creme Rinse.

Supergirl already mentioned my favorite conditioner mixture - -
Equal parts: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditoner + Elucence Extended Moisture Repair + Kenra Intensive Emollient. I use that one when my hair is really D-R-Y.

AngieK
</font>

Tebby1017

I know I WILL NOT be putting honey anywhere near my hair. I love how it tastes but when I get it on my skn I completely break out.

Tebby

An_Original_Copy

I'm thinking of mixing my conditioner and my aura-cacia jojoba oil next tuesday when i wash my hair. the molecules in jojoba oil are small enough to penetrate the hair shaft, so i figure that it'll help some of the conditioner penetrate better???...

Lorraine S

Hey Ladies,
The best conditioner mix to me is
Keracare Humecto
Nexxus Humectress
These 2 together is the bomb. Hair comes out extra smooth, silky, and has the best slip. Theses are my favorite combinations, to use especially after a protein treatment. AWWWW:p Me LOVEEEE

Lorraine

KhandiB

I have a Reconstructor Mix

Pantene Intensive Restoration Treatment
Fantasia IC Reconsturctor
Queen Helene JoJoba Hot Oil
Suave Humectant
and
Sally's Generic Joico K-Pak

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

While I was in the grocery store yesterday I decided to pick up some black molasses to add to some of my hair products. This morning I added 2 tablespoons of molasses to my v05 tangerine tickle conditioner and I shook it up really well. First I applied my 2 in 1 Pantene Hydrating curls shampoo and conditioner, rinsed. Followed by the vo5 tangerine tickle mixed with molasses, put on plastic cap as I continue to shower. Rinse. Apply my hair products then airdry. I can't believe how soft, shiny and frizz free my hair looks right now. I can't stop touching my hair. I think I like this better than honey!! :grin:

mirrormirror said:
I usually mix mizani moisturefuse with jojoba oil.

:wave: If you don't mind my asking. How does your hair come out when you do this? I love Mizani moisturfuse, and I love jojoba oil.

Also, the jojoba oil you use, is it pure oil or the one for hot oil treatments?
TIA

carameldiva

I add honey, glycerin and liquid aloe vera to all of my conditioners except the trader joe ones and the alberto vo5 ones and i have great results.

beana

I'm trying to find something to mix my salerm wheat germ mask with... I used it on 6 week post, freshly clarified hair and thought it was very blah, no slip, no moisture, no nuthin. My hair actually felt quite dry afterwards. If i had wheat germ oil, i'd add it, but all i have is jojoba, olive and castor oil. I'm thinking of adding two teaspoons of castor and 1 tsp of olive to give it an extra kick

Last edited: