Mid-Protein Step w/ Phyto??

Lexib

Hey all,

After reading through the big thread on phyto relaxers I'm conviced to try one for my touch up tomorrow. :yep: Does any one use the mid protein step with this relaxer or is everyone getting the great results just from product alone?

Thanks!!!

gymfreak336

I haven't usd Phyto but according to the people here that use it, phyto does't break down the hair as badly as other relaxers. You probably don't need it. Just deep condition afterwards.

Stella B.

I don't add anything to what comes in the kit. Since it's a plant based product, it probably has ample amounts of protein in it. But then again, I'm not a self-relaxer. I take my kit to my stylist, and let her apply.

SmartyPants

Hey all,

After reading through the big thread on phyto relaxers I'm conviced to try one for my touch up tomorrow. :yep: Does any one use the mid protein step with this relaxer or is everyone getting the great results just from product alone?

Thanks!!!

I use the milky reconstructor. Then I steam in a moisturizing conditioner using the turbie twist method.

atlien11

I use the milky reconstructor as well (well the girl who used to do my relaxers does). I found it tangled my hair so im not a fan of it but i was not going to skip this step since its part of the directions.

Duff

I use the milky reconstructor too but I dont like it either. I too dont skip it either.

Lexib

Thanks for the replies. :yep: So from what you're saying the milky reconstructor seems to be the extra protein step - put in after the rinse but before neutralising?

I'm going to pick my kit up from sephora in a few hours :drunk:

Last edited:

onejamifan

Milky reconsturctor goes on after the hair has been neutralized. I think you should follow it with a mild moisturizing conditioner just to give your hair some slip because the reconstructor does not leave your hair as soft as you'd probably want...

HTH and post your results later on today :)