Microbraids......human hair or synthetic?

moda

My Memorial day Miami plans fell thru :cry: and I now have a little extra time on my hands. Ok ladies I need some advice, I am thinking about braiding my hair in microbraids and I need reco's on what kind of hair to get.

Any of you use synthetic hair to braid your hair in micros? How did it hold up? I plan to leave the style in for no longer than 2 months, and I am trying to find the cheapest way to do it, since it will "cost" me so much time.

DiamondStar

I used human hair for my micros since I washed them daily and wore them down. Once you wash them, they never look as good....but it's okay if you don't plan on keeping them in long.

Synthetic hair is cheaper and I believe it lasts longer, but you can't really wash synthetic hair because it will start to smell (this happened to my best friend).

I had micros 4 times, and although they are convinient, they ripped my edges out something terrible and thinned out my hair. I had to get it cut-SHORT :mad: . If I ever got braids again (I'm too afraid), I would get some braids a little larger than the micros-maybe the width of a pencil.

Good luck!

cyninmon123

Human hair is the best because it not only looks better but human hair in general holds more moisture. Please make sure they don't put your braids in too tight or too small especially around your edges. As a whole you will have more styles to choose from with human hair and it will get less tangle if you do rock the human micro braids. Make sur eyou only leave them in for 6-8wks anytime longer than that will make them get knatted causing major damage. I to plan on getting micro braids in june and leaving them in for 8wks make sure you keep them moisturize and you don't have to spray your hair everyday because the human hair will hold the moisture for you...bye~

moda

Thanks ladies, I am actually planning to braid my hair myself. I have had them 2x and luckily I never had any hair loss from them but they did braid them tight as hell so I am embarking on this journey alone this time around. I was just trying to be cheap and not use human hair, but I guess I need to. I remember when I had flat twists and they used synthetic those things were horribly drying to my hair, I was just hoping there was a better quality synthetic available. 8 weeks is definitely my cut off, but quite honestly I would be surprised if I left them in that long, once they start looking frizzy I normally take them down, last time I think I had them :look: 3 weeks. So if I am going to possibly remove them so soon again, I would prefer to invest less money, which is why I will do them myself, and I have seen to many ladies who have lost their hairline, which scared the ish out of me.

Last edited:

baglady215

I usually use "human" hair (I don't believe that ish is human but anyway... :lol: ) If you are going to leave them in for like a month why not synthetic? There's some new kind that looks really pretty. It kind of has a bump at the ends, and it's really shiny. I don't know the name though. I'm lazy, I used to leave them in for 3 months. I love getting micros but HATE TAKING THEM OUT!!! :lol: