Braids: Synthetic or Human Hair

Synthetic or Human Hair for my braids

• Synthetic Hair

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Human Hair

Votes: 35 64.8%

• Total voters

Country gal

I am thinking of gets mini braids in the front and a sewn in weave in the back. I want to give my hair a break. Should I get synthetic or human hair?

favorc

I think u should get human hair. I read a few years ago in some magazine that if u have a relaxer and u put in synthetic hair, it is like overprocessing your hair because of the chemicals that are in the synthetic product. I couldn't tell which one is better or if there is any truth behind what was in the article:perplexed, but I hope it helps in your decision.:yep:

Hair Iam

Human hair please...My recent kinky twist is the perfect example why not to get synthetic. I had to take out my two week old twists. I was experiencing some type of friction between my hair and the synthetic//don't ask me why. Who knows what kind of damage I may have caused to my hair had I kept them in any longer. Thank God a coupe had fallen out ,allowing me to feel the consistency of my strands. I have since deep conditioned & clarified. my hair is feeling better. Perhaps others can use with no problems ..They will never touch my scalp or hair again.:rolleyes:

Tamrin

unapologetic
I say synthetic, i had natural kinky twists a few years back when I did the BC and went natural i got the Kinky twists using human hair. I went to lugo's and spent 250 on hair. when i took them things out my hair was dry like paper and breaking . My BFF had mini braids for 4 years with human hair and her hair breaks and breaks. I recently convinced her to get synthetic and her hair is now growing and has moisture. I will never use human hair again.

Naturallong81

If you want the style to look fresher longer i'd go with human hair. if you do get synthic get kanekalon(sp) if styled right it look like human hair. But honestly haman hair is probably gonna blend better with the weave hair and make styling eaiser since you can you heat to freshen up the style.

Nonie

OK, CG, can you please 'splain the look you're going for. I can't picture it in my head. So you'll have braids in the front (singles or cornrows?) and then the back will be out? Will your braids be braided all the way or you'll leave them open to blend in with the weave?

I'm partial to human hair no matter what style you're going for. I love the versatility and if you'll be using human hair for your weave so you can curl the hair for a different look, then the human hair will allow for that too. I also like human hair because if I used synthetic, I'd have to burn the ends as that's the neatest look to me for synthetic singles, and that means I would have to cut that off when redoing them - which is wasteful (I'm a pro at re-using my extension hair so I can justify the amount of money I spend on it. I've once spent $200 on just two pieces! But I wore them for 2 years so y'all can't be mad at me).

Country gal

I am natural. So to cover up my natural hair I would do micro minis or individuals in the front of the hair. The top of the hair and back would be a sewn in weave which will hang down.

Blackoutzangel05

With the kind of style that you are getting I would definitely say human hair. I always wore human hair with my weaves and micro's and I believe that is what you are getting. The only time that I get synethic is with cornrows and individuals. However, I still get the silkly hair because I usually leave the ends out of all my braids.

bluediamond0829

for that particular hairstyle it would look best for u to use human hair....i have worn the style before and seen others with that style...but never seen it with synthetic braids before moreso with human hair...

not sure how it would look with synthetic hair...

tenjoy

If your growning your hair, I caution this style.

Sure braids can free you from manipulation. But micro's will reak havoc on your halo (hair line) the braid will simply be too heavy on your delicate edges. too much root pulling. Even if your wear it up.

While I still dont understand this "style". I pick human hair:yep:

Twisties

If you are talking about cornrows in the front and a curty type hair hanging down in the back, I would

Use Kanekalon synthetic hair for the cornrows in the front.
Use Human hair for the hair that will be out in the back.

Since you are natural, once you wash your hair, it will fuzz up through the human hair. So it will look like a bush coming poking up out of the human silky hair.

Is this similar to the style?:
View attachment 6545

Last edited:

chickory_bee

If you're wanting a wavy/curly style, then Synthetic...IF YOU USE THE EXPRESSIONS HAIR.
I love this hair, and it doesn't break my own hair, and it looks FABULOUS!

iasade

I prefer human hair because you can flat iron or curl it if you want and to me, it blends in better with my natural hair.

jaiku

I have had both human and synthetic with out problems. The last time I had human hair I had a horrible reaction. I don't know what type of chemicals they use to process the hair but once I shampooed my hair all heck broke loose. My face broke out in huge pimples and when they popped they left pock marks. I immediately took the braids out and started seeing a dermatologist. I never had skin problems before that.

firewoman213

Everytime I use synthetic it breaks my hair off. It's why my hair is a mess right now. I have learned my lesson and will never use synthetic to braid with again. Especially that $1.99 stuff:lachen:.

winnettag

I always use synthetic hair. I soak it in water with vinegar (C&G method) until a white film forms on top of the water, rinse it and let it dry. I don't know exactly what that white stuff is, but I know I don't want it in my hair! And my hair does feel a little better after taking the hair out than before I used the vinegar water method.

Kelly210

I always use synthetic hair. I soak it in water with vinegar (C&G method) until a white film forms on top of the water, rinse it and let it dry. I don't know exactly what that white stuff is, but I know I don't want it in my hair! And my hair does feel a little better after taking the hair out than before I used the vinegar water method.

I do this also.

I prefer synthetic hair. It has always worked the best for me. For your style, I think you should use human.