Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

destinyseeker

HairPleezeGrow said:
I'm skipping this weeks application. Had to have emergency surgery Sunday night to remove my gallbladder but I will continue next week.

Hope you have speedy recovery! :)

AlwaysNatural

If I added 15g of MN (monistat) to my 7oz megatek mix (60% Megatek, 25% water, 15% JBCO & Reg. CO) would it lose its effectiveness? I bought some yesterday and putting a small bit on a patch on the back of my head i woke up with burning scalp all over and a headache. But im not sure if it's from that or using too much sulfur 8....
ended up clarifying my hair immedietly and steaming under some aloevera oil and water.

Maybe i should make a seperate JBCO/Garlic Oil mix and add that? And if I did that how much oil should be used with the full 15g tube? TIA

Mznelly

For those asking for A megatek update: November 11 well make me 3 weeks post relaxer i believe... And my hair it's thriving from megatek, mylast relaxer left my roots none straight but look at my progress

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121101_175503.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121101_175503.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 41
  • ForumRunner_20121101_175541.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121101_175541.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 47
  • ForumRunner_20121101_175707.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121101_175707.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 48

jprayze

Mznelly said:
For those asking for A megatek update: November 11 well make me 3 weeks post relaxer i believe... And my hair it's thriving from megatek, mylast relaxer left my roots none straight but look at my progress

Do you mix the MN with megatek?

DominicanBrazilian82

I never did an update pic... Not really planning to until next week when I relax; however, I did a small length check of my damaged nape area, and I've gotten about an 1.5 since I last checked this area (Sept 1)...

image-2597947087.jpg

After & Before

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
I never did an update pic... Not really planning to until next week when I relax; however, I did a small length check of my damaged nape area, and I've gotten about an 1.5 since I last checked this area (Sept 1)...

After & Before

That's great! What a comeback :)

jprayze

AlwaysNatural said:
If I added 15g of MN (monistat) to my 7oz megatek mix (60% Megatek, 25% water, 15% JBCO & Reg. CO) would it lose its effectiveness? I bought some yesterday and putting a small bit on a patch on the back of my head i woke up with burning scalp all over and a headache. But im not sure if it's from that or using too much sulfur 8....
ended up clarifying my hair immedietly and steaming under some aloevera oil and water.

Maybe i should make a seperate JBCO/Garlic Oil mix and add that? And if I did that how much oil should be used with the full 15g tube? TIA

Have you ever used that mix without the MN?

AlwaysNatural

Have you ever used that mix without the MN?

I just recently made the megatek mix and never applied it and have not yet made the JBCO mix because i'm not sure how much oil content should be added without potentially diluting the MN itself...well that goes for both in the megatek mix and the jbco/go mix.

Last edited:

Mznelly

I just recently made the megatek mix and never applied it and have not yet made the JBCO mix because i'm not sure how much oil content should be added without potentially diluting the MN itself...well that goes for both in the megatek mix and the jbco/go mix.

I think you should try to figure out with ingredientgave you that bad reaction before making any kind of mix. I've used MT without MN and with never head that reaction of burning scalp.

As for diluting it I'm a novice at how much well make it lose it effectiveness...I'm like a mad scientist when making these mixes if i notice I'm not getting the desired result i tweak my mix until I'm satisfied sorry if that doesn't help hog

jprayze

AlwaysNatural said:

Oh! I just reread this. You put the MN directly on your scalp and when you woke up, you had that reaction. I never had that reaction and did apply it directly for some time. Right now, my mix has 2 oils and MN so it's about 33% MN.

Mjon912

Checking in..had to make a new mix...this one is 4tubes of monistat3, a little doogro mega thick grease, a little sulfer8 grease and some hair trigger growth elixir honeydew melon (to hide the smell)...this mix should last me until like the 15th of nov and then I won't use mn again until like the 5th of dec since I'm getting a perm for thanksgiving...I'm going to try not to check the length of my hair until my relaxer

jprayze

Mjon912 said:
Checking in..had to make a new mix...this one is 4tubes of monistat3, a little doogro mega thick grease, a little sulfer8 grease and some hair trigger growth elixir honeydew melon (to hide the smell)...this mix should last me until like the 15th of nov and then I won't use mn again until like the 5th of dec since I'm getting a perm for thanksgiving...I'm going to try not to check the length of my hair until my relaxer

What size tubes did u use in your mix?

ManiiSweetheart

Have any of y'all used the vaginal suppositories in your mixes? I picked up the wrong box and I don't feel like going back to target (20+miles away) ...it is miconazole nitrate too soo...

NaturalfienD

Checking In:

Applying MN tonight … I will throw on a shower cap to make sure I don't have oil seeping through my bonnet, plus I can get a light steam going while I sleep. I hope you all are doing well …

destinyseeker

Finally got my power back yesterday after hurricane Sandy... 7 days. Gave my hair a lot of love! Pre-poo condish, wash, protein boost and a nice long moisturizing deep conditioner, air dried and then put my mix. Happy hair...happy me! :)

jprayze

destinyseeker Glad you are ok and so glad that your power finally came back. I'm in MD and we really expected that your power was going to go out as well, but it never did.

freckledface

AlwaysNatural one time I applied my mn straight mn straight and it felt like it was burning. I'm pretty sure it was because I was scratching my scalp way to hard before I applied. It's never happened before or after that time though. Idk if that helps

freckledface

@jpayze I'm sorry didn't see you question my mentions are being stupid but I've been using it straight I'd say before this challenge for maybe 2 months on and off and through this whole challenge. Not sure if its better than a mix or not. I've been cutting damage all this yr so its kinda hard to tell my growth except my hair is fuller. The only thing I can say for sure is that I did have shedding when I stopped cold turkey. But eventually that stopped too (on its own didn't use anything.)

jprayze

DominicanBrazilian82 said:
How's it going?

No problems as far as my scalp. Feels the same. I'm trying not to do a length check until December so I hope the 4% will give me the end of the year boost!