Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (September 1 - December 31, 2012)

jprayze

NaturalfienD said:
Hey @ jprayze, that's a good question … I think I will continue with MN, applying once a week from late December til March and stop for a month then. My birthday is in February and I have big plans on being BSB. After I take the month off from MN, (March to April) I will jump right back in the challenge. :)

Sounds like a good plan!

ESmackum

Yes, come on back!

Your hair is beautiful! 1.5 in 2 months is great! Do you know what your normal growth rate is?

I'm back at it. Applied my MN mix after I washed my hair this weekend. I put a little around my edges this morning, baggied my ends and put a wig on. Because this east coast hurricane business is no joke. Made sure to add a few extra bobby pins so my hair won't blow down the street.:lol:

jprayze

ESmackum said:
I'm back at it. Applied my MN mix after I washed my hair this weekend. I put a little around my edges this morning, baggied my ends and put a wig on. Because this east coast hurricane business is no joke. Made sure to add a few extra bobby pins so my hair won't blow down the street.:lol:

Be safe out there!

Guinan

Re-Branding
I started applying my MN mixture & so far its going good. I changed the mixture to, .05oz of walnut oil, .05oz of grapeseed oil, .05oz of avocado oil and a couple of drops of argon oil oh & of course 1tube of mn. The only thing is walnut oil has a peanut smell when u 1st apply it.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

jprayze

pelohello said:
I started applying my MN mixture & so far its going good. I changed the mixture to, .05oz of walnut oil, .05oz of grapeseed oil, .05oz of avocado oil and a couple of drops of argon oil oh & of course 1tube of mn. The only thing is walnut oil has a peanut smell when u 1st apply it.

Is the walnut oil heavy weight oil?

Mjon912

Just applied my mn mix after I washed and air dried my hair...and I finally got a length check t shirt! Yay...I think I'm good on cutting my ends so i won't be doing that as often as I was...counting down until my thanksgiving relaxer, hopefully I can pull another inch by then and then an inch until Christmas... I'll post a pic in my length check t shirt as soon as a get a chance...I'm so excited

Guinan

Re-Branding
Do yall apply yall mn 2x a day or once a day? Also, the mn is just applied 2 the scalp, right?

jprayze

pelohello said:
Do yall apply yall mn 2x a day or once a day? Also, the mn is just applied 2 the scalp, right?

Yes the scalp only. I do it once a day. I have done it twice but I don't think it's necessary to get good results.

Mjon912

I try to apply once a day... I'm texlaxed and would need to wash my hair more then once a week if i applied twice a day because of product build up and i think it works better on a clean scalp... I don't want to over manipulate my hair and I get good growth from once a day so it works for me... Yup only to my scalp and then massage my scalp for a few mins

Mznelly

Started taking biotin Yesterday and I'm already braking out :( so my question to you ladies how do you deal acme that come with biotin usage

jprayze

Mznelly said:
Started taking biotin Yesterday and I'm already braking out :( so my question to you ladies how do you deal acme that come with biotin usage

How much are you taking? I've been taking it consistently for a month with no breakouts, but I'm only taking 1000 mcg/day.

Mznelly

pelohello said:
Wow that's alot of biotin. I take 1000 mcg too. Do u take other vitamins besides that?

I take a multi and calcium and vit d combo they were recommended by my nutritionist. I'll give this biotin a week trial, depending on how bad I break out will determine if I'll finish this bottle or go to lower dosage.

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I'm skipping this weeks application. Had to have emergency surgery Sunday night to remove my gallbladder but I will continue next week.

Mznelly

HairPleezeGrow said:
I'm skipping this weeks application. Had to have emergency surgery Sunday night to remove my gallbladder but I will continue next week.

Oh wow gall bladder surgery is no joke. Hope you fell better soon

felic1

I have not been an official member of this challenge. I owned some monistat but did not seriously apply it. I had recently worn my hair in the sengelese twist hair style. Twice. After take out, I had a damaged area in a triangle shape on the right hairline. It was completely bald. I began to seriously apply and massage in straight 2% Monistat mostly twice daily. It has been about two weeks. It is unbelieveable! We should be sending some to Naomi Campbell!!!

jenjen33033

I also didn't officially join this challenge because I'd already put braids in my hair 2 weeks before it started but I decided to try the MN along with some Hair, Skin, & Nail pills from CVS and the GHE 2 or 3 times a week for one month. I was very pleased with the results, at least one inch of new growth for the month. Also, I had no problems with dandruff flakes the whole time. I'm going to start again on Nov. 1. Hopefully I can get some pics.

jprayze

I straightened my hair, but resisted posting a length check. I hoping at the end of the challenge my pic will be AMAZING! I should finish my current mix w/in the next few days and switch to my 4% mix for the rest of the year. Looks like at least 3 inches to BSB...3 inches in 2 months? Not impossible...we will see...