MHM Hangout

faithVA

This is what I've been doing. I'm low po and I just figured this out. At first I was using acv for step 1. But went back to BS with conditioner. I was using Giovanni smooth conditioner but it seems as though it wasn't penetrating. I sit under my steam during step 2, not sure if that would help. Then I've been using the Aztec calcium clay (is this bad for low po hair?). The clay step has never been easy for me. And step 4 I've been using kckt but I'm not sure if I like it. It seems like everyone knows what their hair likes and I feel lost.

I'm going to do my cherry lola treatment tomorrow if it snows. And I just purchased 2 bottles of tresemme undone conditioner. What should I do about my clay step bc my hair always feels filmy. And how should I apply my leave in. I see some are diluting it and spraying it now.

Also, someone stole my ssn and filed taxes with it so I'm sad about this. People today are so selfish and cold.

Sorry to hear about your tax situation. Hopefully you can resolve it soon.

Even if lo po you can alternate between baking soda and acv. Don't use the Giovanni smooth. I don't thin its approved. The undine should work nicely.

The Aztec did not work for me at all. When you can order some rhassoul. In the meantime add a little more oil and honey to your clay and keep it on only for 15 to 30 minutes.

The clay sounds like its try to remove build up. It can feel gummy for a few washes but it should clear up.

The dilution if your leave in is up to you. If it feels good straight use it that way. If you have some definition try diluting it 50%. There is no right way for this. It depends in the conditioner of your hair and how far you are in the progress.

Spray, pour, spread it doesn't matter. It depends on what's easiest and what gives you the mist definition.

Remember we have been here a while so you will have to be patient during this learning phase. No one will be able to give you absolutes for your hair but we can help you figure it out for yourself.

HopefulOne

This is what I've been doing. I'm low po and I just figured this out. At first I was using acv for step 1. But went back to BS with conditioner. I was using Giovanni smooth conditioner but it seems as though it wasn't penetrating. I sit under my steam during step 2, not sure if that would help. Then I've been using the Aztec calcium clay (is this bad for low po hair?). The clay step has never been easy for me. And step 4 I've been using kckt but I'm not sure if I like it. It seems like everyone knows what their hair likes and I feel lost. I'm going to do my cherry lola treatment tomorrow if it snows. And I just purchased 2 bottles of tresemme undone conditioner. What should I do about my clay step bc my hair always feels filmy. And how should I apply my leave in. I see some are diluting it and spraying it now. Also, someone stole my ssn and filed taxes with it so I'm sad about this. People today are so selfish and cold.

I am so sorry to about your tax situation I hope it resolves itself.

trebell

Ty. I probably won't get my return until it's time to file again. I can't believe how easy it is for people to use your info. They're rejecting my return like I'm the criminal. Anywho, I have a love/hate relationship with my hair. I have to learn to be patient. I thought the Giovanni was on there when I started this regi last summer. But, I did initially start with tresemme, it's a good hair line. Okay I'll try the rhassoul clay and follow back.

nycutiepie

I used the Rhassoul clay from butters n bars today for the first time. I had been using bentonite all along and still had a little left in my mix jar. I just poured in the Rhassoul and added water until it was the right consistency.

Here are my observations:
The Rhassoul is much easier to work with and less messy to mix but more particles were in my tub after rinsing. My hair did not feel as dry as with the bentonite when I finished washing it out but it was still "heavy" if you know what I mean. I never had a problem with the bentonite so perhaps I will continue to mix both. My hair stretched more with the Rhassoul and it was slick straight after I applied it. When I apply straight bentonite I have more waves.

I tried something new and sprayed on my KKNT opposed to using my hands. I also diluted it this time which I never do. I think I like it diluted better and I think I like the spray on method better as well.

I finished up with Camille Rose Almond Jai butter and put a little grape seed oil over the 5 twists I put in.

I have zero complaints and I don't want to jinx myself but I have perfect results every single session (I call the completion of the 5 step process a session). I also want to add that I've been experimenting with 3 different approved deep conditioners as well.

Again, zero breakage and minimal shedding. I hate to sound like a broken record but I have NEVER retained so much hair and had zero breakage.

Lastly, I'm using Njoy oil as a growth aid about 3-4x per week and it has sulfur which can be drying. I have not had any adverse impact from doing that combined with MHM.

Okay, that's it and MHM is the truth!!!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
This is what I've been doing. I'm low po and I just figured this out. At first I was using acv for step 1. But went back to BS with conditioner. I was using Giovanni smooth conditioner but it seems as though it wasn't penetrating. I sit under my steam during step 2, not sure if that would help. Then I've been using the Aztec calcium clay (is this bad for low po hair?). The clay step has never been easy for me. And step 4 I've been using kckt but I'm not sure if I like it. It seems like everyone knows what their hair likes and I feel lost. I'm going to do my cherry lola treatment tomorrow if it snows. And I just purchased 2 bottles of tresemme undone conditioner. What should I do about my clay step bc my hair always feels filmy. And how should I apply my leave in. I see some are diluting it and spraying it now. Also, someone stole my ssn and filed taxes with it so I'm sad about this. People today are so selfish and cold.
OMG...that's terrible about your son. I hope you can get that straightened out.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I used the Rhassoul clay from butters n bars today for the first time. I had been using bentonite all along and still had a little left in my mix jar. I just poured in the Rhassoul and added water until it was the right consistency. Here are my observations: The Rhassoul is much easier to work with and less messy to mix but more particles were in my tub after rinsing. My hair did not feel as dry as with the bentonite when I finished washing it out but it was still "heavy" if you know what I mean. I never had a problem with the bentonite so perhaps I will continue to mix both. My hair stretched more with the Rhassoul and it was slick straight after I applied it. When I apply straight bentonite I have more waves. I tried something new and sprayed on my KKNT opposed to using my hands. I also diluted it this time which I never do. I think I like it diluted better and I think I like the spray on method better as well. I finished up with Camille Rose Almond Jai butter and put a little grape seed oil over the 5 twists I put in. I have zero complaints and I don't want to jinx myself but I have perfect results every single session (I call the completion of the 5 step process a session). I also want to add that I've been experimenting with 3 different approved deep conditioners as well. Again, zero breakage and minimal shedding. I hate to sound like a broken record but I have NEVER retained so much hair and had zero breakage. Lastly, I'm using Njoy oil as a growth aid about 3-4x per week and it has sulfur which can be drying. I have not had any adverse impact from doing that combined with MHM. Okay, that's it and MHM is the truth!!!
I've been using Rhassoul but not from BNB. I just ordered some during the sale and can't wait until it arrives. I love rhassoul and my hair does too. You speak the truth about MHM. I've been doing MHM since November and I'm retaining like crazy since then. I'm trying to hold out on doing my official LC until my 1 year BC anniversary in May.

faithVA

Still doing the modified version. I love that I only get in the shower once and that I'm done in 30 to 40 minutes. I comparing different clay recipes now. I varied the acv in two different batches. The 50/50 worked better than using less acv. Next wash I'm going to compare clay with a tsp of acv with the recipe that calls for a quarter cup.

I used CR aloe and put in two strand twists. My hair is so soft.

I don't know if I will ever have definition but I'm glad to know I can have an easy regimen and soft hair.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Still doing the modified version. I love that I only get in the shower once and that I'm done in 30 to 40 minutes. I comparing different clay recipes now. I varied the acv in two different batches. The 50/50 worked better than using less acv. Next wash I'm going to compare clay with a tsp of acv with the recipe that calls for a quarter cup. I used CR aloe and put in two strand twists. My hair is so soft. I don't know if I will ever have definition but I'm glad to know I can have an easy regimen and soft hair.
OK...I'm going to have to take a serious look at the modified version right now. 30-40 minutes sounds like a plan. Got some reading to do.

faithVA

OK...I'm going to have to take a serious look at the modified version right now. 30-40 minutes sounds like a plan. Got some reading to do.

Yeah I'm going to need a real reason to go back. I will know more after I do it a few more weeks. Its only been a week and I've washed my hair 4 times :lol:

faithVA

I'm looking for the posts about the modified MHM...

I don't know if there is one in this thread. Its on dubaidees site.

There isn't much to it. Rinse hair and then apply clay. Work it through and rinse. Apply gel. Do this every 2 to 3 days. Water rinse in between if desired. Do clct every 2 to 4 weeks.

That's it.

Guinan

Re-Branding
That is some Bull$@#&
Really how jacked up is that...I am so sorry to hear that

Yea, that really sucks trebell. I heard on NPR that stealing ssn and filing other people's taxes is on the rise. Apparently if you don't file early enough it gives the thefts opportunity to steal.

Lisa

Has anybody tried Terressentials Organic Lavender Garden Pure Earth Hair Wash?

Ingredients »

Organic aloe vera juice (from concentrate)°, bentonite clay, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°, essential oils of organic lavender°, organic sweet orange°, organic rose geranium°, organic ylang ylang° and organic clove bud

hairtimes5

Been on an MHM break for a week now. My hair was loving this method for months, lately it's just not having it. Giving it another week or so before I try again.

faithVA for the dubaidee method, does the clarifying have to be done with a sulfate shampoo? I'm thinking of trying this method. The only thing is that it's the clay step that hasn't been good for me. I'm also nervous about the CLCT since it has baking soda in it. Maybe if I do it I won't do the beginner's method but the other one where you just start with clay. I'll be giving it some thought while I'm on my break.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I don't know if there is one in this thread. Its on dubaidees site. There isn't much to it. Rinse hair and then apply clay. Work it through and rinse. Apply gel. Do this every 2 to 3 days. Water rinse in between if desired. Do clct every 2 to 4 weeks. That's it.
I did actually find your post with the link, thank you. I have a little bit of leftover clay from my last washday, it's gonna be a watery mix. Watching the mail for my BnB package. Snowed-in here, campus is already closed for tomorrow so I'm going mini modified MHM tomorrow...mini because I think my clay might be too weak or watery, we shall see.

faithVA

Has anybody tried Terressentials Organic Lavender Garden Pure Earth Hair Wash?

Ingredients »

Organic aloe vera juice (from concentrate)°, bentonite clay, organic extracts° of organic linden flower°, organic nettle°, organic chamomile° and organic shavegrass°, essential oils of organic lavender°, organic sweet orange°, organic rose geranium°, organic ylang ylang° and organic clove bud

I did a few years ago. I like the left coast lemon better. The lavender tangled my hair more. But there were many ladies that did like the lavender. It depends on your hair. If your hair is coily and/or dry the lemon is better. If not the lavender will work fine.

faithVA

Been on an MHM break for a week now. My hair was loving this method for months, lately it's just not having it. Giving it another week or so before I try again.

faithVA for the dubaidee method, does the clarifying have to be done with a sulfate shampoo? I'm thinking of trying this method. The only thing is that it's the clay step that hasn't been good for me. I'm also nervous about the CLCT since it has baking soda in it. Maybe if I do it I won't do the beginner's method but the other one where you just start with clay. I'll be giving it some thought while I'm on my break.

She recommends a clarifying shampoo and not just a regular shampoo. But you can try a regular sulfate shampoo. It should work well enough to remove the conditioner build up.

What's going on with the clay for you?

I wouldn't worry about the baking soda in the clct. With all of the ingredients everything is buffered and the pH is 7. There should not be any effects if the baking soda or vinegar. Use dubaidees recipe for clct for the correct porosity.

HopefulOne

I used the Rhassoul clay from butters n bars today for the first time. I had been using bentonite all along and still had a little left in my mix jar. I just poured in the Rhassoul and added water until it was the right consistency. Here are my observations: The Rhassoul is much easier to work with and less messy to mix but more particles were in my tub after rinsing. My hair did not feel as dry as with the bentonite when I finished washing it out but it was still "heavy" if you know what I mean. I never had a problem with the bentonite so perhaps I will continue to mix both. My hair stretched more with the Rhassoul and it was slick straight after I applied it. When I apply straight bentonite I have more waves. I tried something new and sprayed on my KKNT opposed to using my hands. I also diluted it this time which I never do. I think I like it diluted better and I think I like the spray on method better as well. I finished up with Camille Rose Almond Jai butter and put a little grape seed oil over the 5 twists I put in. I have zero complaints and I don't want to jinx myself but I have perfect results every single session (I call the completion of the 5 step process a session). I also want to add that I've been experimenting with 3 different approved deep conditioners as well. Again, zero breakage and minimal shedding. I hate to sound like a broken record but I have NEVER retained so much hair and had zero breakage. Lastly, I'm using Njoy oil as a growth aid about 3-4x per week and it has sulfur which can be drying. I have not had any adverse impact from doing that combined with MHM. Okay, that's it and MHM is the truth!!!

MHM is the truth when it comes to retention. You can't beat it.

discodumpling

Like many others who are currently following this method I want to cut down on the time. For me to be consistent with my hair care it has to be super easy! So i've been experimenting with mixing the DC and clay steps with much success.

My clay mixes contain slippy, mucilaginous, super moisturizing ingredients like water LOL! Seriously, my base is always 3 tsp of rhassoul, some type of conditioner, and water into a thick mixture and then I add aloe juice and nourishing oils and other additives ie. silk aminos or slippery elm powder if I have them, they are totally optional. The end result looks like milk chocolate mousse. It's light and fluffy and easy to apply. Yet heavy enough to add weight to my hair.

The last step in my process is to add heat. Totally optional but i've found that added heat from the dryer gives me the best results.

1. DC w/Conditioner & Clay w/or without heat 20 min. minimum time
2. Rinse
3. Leave in
4. OPTIONAL MOISTURIZER
5. Gel (i'm gonna work on this step next...I know I can do better with both technique and product)

So that's what i'm doing today on this lovely snowy day. I'll be back to add pics :) Happy Wednesday Ladies!

ETA results took about 45 minutes to be done but of course not dry.

Clay and conditioner

Done and drying.

My undercarriage is a beast! But I believe with time and length and constant MHM it will soon not be an issue. :yep:

Last edited:

hairtimes5

She recommends a clarifying shampoo and not just a regular shampoo. But you can try a regular sulfate shampoo. It should work well enough to remove the conditioner build up.

What's going on with the clay for you?

I wouldn't worry about the baking soda in the clct. With all of the ingredients everything is buffered and the pH is 7. There should not be any effects if the baking soda or vinegar. Use dubaidees recipe for clct for the correct porosity.

Ok on the shampoo. As for clay, I just don't like the way it makes my hair feel. Again I don't know if it's because I was using baking soda when I shouldn't have (thought I was low po but realizing that I'm normal), but clay makes my hair feel awful now when it didn't before and I hate the way my gel feels after using it.

OAN, I took the rest of my Beautiful Curls defining gel (had about 4 ozs left after only using it once) and put it in a squirt bottle and added about 2 ozs of distilled water. Used it for a wng this morning and I'm loving the results so far. I probably wouldn't purchase this gel again because you don't get much for the price tag but you can definitely stretch it by diluting it and you don't have to use much.

faithVA

Ok on the shampoo. As for clay, I just don't like the way it makes my hair feel. Again I don't know if it's because I was using baking soda when I shouldn't have (thought I was low po but realizing that I'm normal), but clay makes my hair feel awful now when it didn't before and I hate the way my gel feels after using it.

OAN, I took the rest of my Beautiful Curls defining gel (had about 4 ozs left after only using it once) and put it in a squirt bottle and added about 2 ozs of distilled water. Used it for a wng this morning and I'm loving the results so far. I probably wouldn't purchase this gel again because you don't get much for the price tag but you can definitely stretch it by diluting it and you don't have to use much.

Well if you are up to it, try her regimen one time and see if it helps. Make sure your shampoo isn't a moisturizing shampoo. And try her clay mix. Maybe putting it all together will work.

Karmi

Hey ladies -
I'm going to start hanging out with you guys. I tried MHM again this time using approved product and in order and I am in LOVE!

OMG, my hair can out soooo soft and so defined.
Ok, back story - I usually wear wash n go's but this cold dry winter had been doing a number on hair. It's so dry and the frizz is uncontrollable. I've been wearing puffs mainly because I couldn't get more than 1 day hair out of my wng. I'm 1.5 year post relaxer BC'd to an inch of hair. (I trimmed a least 2 inches off thus far SSKs are the devil!)

Last night I washed with ACV
DC with baking soda and Tresseme naturals
DC with French clay mixed with coconut milk
AVJ as my moisturizer (I'm low-po so I hope this doesn't mess me up)
Styled with olive and flaxseed gel.

My hair looked and felt amazing as I styled. I don't like flaxseed gel so next time I'll use my faithful CM Curl Maker and going to get some hello curly (now sweat soul magic).
I plan on doing the method Wed's & Sunday.

Here's a pic of my results - YEEEESSS!

image-2455743110.jpg

faithVA

Hey ladies -
I'm going to start hanging out with you guys. I tried MHM again this time using approved product and in order and I am in LOVE!

OMG, my hair can out soooo soft and so defined.
Ok, back story - I usually wear wash n go's but this cold dry winter had been doing a number on hair. It's so dry and the frizz is uncontrollable. I've been wearing puffs mainly because I couldn't get more than 1 day hair out of my wng. I'm 1.5 year post relaxer BC'd to an inch of hair. (I trimmed a least 2 inches off thus far SSKs are the devil!)

Last night I washed with ACV
DC with baking soda and Tresseme naturals
DC with French clay mixed with coconut milk
AVJ as my moisturizer (I'm low-po so I hope this doesn't mess me up)
Styled with olive and flaxseed gel.

My hair looked and felt amazing as I styled. I don't like flaxseed gel so next time I'll use my faithful CM Curl Maker and going to get some hello curly (now sweat soul magic).
I plan on doing the method Wed's & Sunday.

Here's a pic of my results - YEEEESSS!

View attachment 299379

Welcome. We are glad to have you.

I know you say you are low po but you are doing a combination of things. If it works for you great but just keep an eye on it.

baking soda works great for low po
Then you did coconut milk which works better for high po
then you did avj which works better for high po

Over time you will probably either drop the baking soda or drop the coconut milk & avj. Time will tell.

Karmi

faithVA- thanks for the advice! Your right, I'm using products that work better for high-po hair and that scares me a little.
My hair loves commit milk so hopefully I can keep that but the AVJ worries me. I just haven't found a good leave in that works consistenly with my hair yet.

faithVA

[USER=399247 said:
Karmi[/USER];21197663]faithVA- thanks for the advice! Your right, I'm using products that work better for high-po hair and that scares me a little.
My hair loves commit milk so hopefully I can keep that but the AVJ worries me. I just haven't found a good leave in that works consistenly with my hair yet.

Don't get worried yet. See how the AVJ works. Unless you get your hair tested, its hard to really know the porosity. The water glass test is not accurate. It may be possible that you aren't low porosity. Most ladies that think they are low porosity and get it tested find out that they are not. It typically is more product build up causing a false result.

So see how it goes. If your hair does fine with the coconut milk and AVJ, drop the baking soda.

Last edited:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Hey ladies - I'm going to start hanging out with you guys. I tried MHM again this time using approved product and in order and I am in LOVE! OMG, my hair can out soooo soft and so defined. Ok, back story - I usually wear wash n go's but this cold dry winter had been doing a number on hair. It's so dry and the frizz is uncontrollable. I've been wearing puffs mainly because I couldn't get more than 1 day hair out of my wng. I'm 1.5 year post relaxer BC'd to an inch of hair. (I trimmed a least 2 inches off thus far SSKs are the devil!) Last night I washed with ACV DC with baking soda and Tresseme naturals DC with French clay mixed with coconut milk AVJ as my moisturizer (I'm low-po so I hope this doesn't mess me up) Styled with olive and flaxseed gel. My hair looked and felt amazing as I styled. I don't like flaxseed gel so next time I'll use my faithful CM Curl Maker and going to get some hello curly (now sweat soul magic). I plan on doing the method Wed's & Sunday. Here's a pic of my results - YEEEESSS!
Pretty curls!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
MHM is the TRUTH! The longer I do it the better my results. I'm going to do the modified MHM today but I wanted to show you some informal retention/length check results of my dry-needs-to-be-handled hair. This pic was taken on February 1st image-1268887827.jpg Now this is the one I took just a few minutes ago image-269228485.jpg
Retention, retention, retention!

Last edited:

msbettyboop

Dhl dude brought my new package today but I wasn't at home. He called me and I said I was in the building two doors down and can he stop by with it. Dude said no and took my package with him insisting I'm going to have to wait till Saturday morning when he brings it back. Dude messing with my hair supplies. Imma cut this dude...........

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Dhl dude brought my new package today but I wasn't at home. He called me and I said I was in the building two doors down and can he stop by with it. Dude said no and took my package with him insisting I'm going to have to wait till Saturday morning when he brings it back. Dude messing with my hair supplies. Imma cut this dude...........

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Girl I would've hopped in my car and tracked him down! You ain't going nowhere with my stash!

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF