MHM Hangout

hairtimes5

Finally able to sit down at the computer and post some pics.

#1 A little more than halfway dry with Beautiful Curls today.

#2 After rinsing out bentonite mixed with acv last night. What possessed me to use bentonite I don't know. I figured that since I was mixing it with acv maybe I'd have a better result. My hair looked lovely afterwards but felt awful. Please hurry rhassoul!

#3 Uh I don't know what was going on here, this is an old pic that was on my phone. My hair is obviously wet but I don't remember what I'd done to it.

#4 This pic is kind of dark but one of the things I'm noticing as I'm getting closer to max hydration is that my curls are getting tighter (which debunks the bs is a relaxer myth). My curls were bigger on this pic than they are now. I'm loving it. Some people look at 3 a/b/c or whatever wash n gos and covet, I always looked at 4 a/b/c wash n gos and wanted mine to look just like that.

Attachments

• 20150219_132722.jpg
    20150219_132722.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 20150218_214943.jpg
    20150218_214943.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 20150106_081114.jpg
    20150106_081114.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 20141226_203538.jpg
    20141226_203538.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 73

hairtimes5

Found another pic on my phone. This was taken back in December I believe. It's good to keep pictures or you'll think your hair hasn't progressed. Looking at his picture, I realize that my roots are no longer this puffy anymore. OAN, I figured out that different leave-ins give me different results. Using TJTTT as leave-in makes my hair frizzier and gives me slightly less definition. Tresemme RV and KCKT yield better results for my wngs. Yesterday I tried Beautiful Curls with no leave-in and so far my day 2 hair is holding up pretty well. It feels no different than it does when using a leave-in.

Attachments

• 20141123_191657.jpg
    20141123_191657.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 58

discodumpling

This weather is just a no no for my hair. Makes me wanna DC all damn day long! It's 4 degrees this morning and the wind chill makes it feel like -17...

Duchess007

Pics from after regi last night. This was my first routine in a week. It's been consistently in the negatives (ETA: the weather) and I couldn't deal. But I didn't want to lose progress, so...

1. ACV rinse for 10 minutes
2. Sally's Honey Almond conditioner for 1 hour
3. Rinsed out 50%
4. Sealed with Softee Mango Butter
5. GHE overnight.

image-3901773245.jpg

Last edited:

faithVA

Finally able to sit down at the computer and post some pics.

#1 A little more than halfway dry with Beautiful Curls today.

#2 After rinsing out bentonite mixed with acv last night. What possessed me to use bentonite I don't know. I figured that since I was mixing it with acv maybe I'd have a better result. My hair looked lovely afterwards but felt awful. Please hurry rhassoul!

#3 Uh I don't know what was going on here, this is an old pic that was on my phone. My hair is obviously wet but I don't remember what I'd done to it.

#4 This pic is kind of dark but one of the things I'm noticing as I'm getting closer to max hydration is that my curls are getting tighter (which debunks the bs is a relaxer myth). My curls were bigger on this pic than they are now. I'm loving it. Some people look at 3 a/b/c or whatever wash n gos and covet, I always looked at 4 a/b/c wash n gos and wanted mine to look just like that.

Very pretty... all of them. You have nice curls.

faithVA

Pics from after regi last night. This was my first routine in a week. It's been consistently in the negatives and I couldn't deal. But I didn't want to lose progress, so...

1. ACV rinse for 10 minutes
2. Sally's Honey Almond conditioner for 1 hour
3. Rinsed out 50%
4. Sealed with Softee Mango Butter
5. GHE overnight.

View attachment 297795

Very pretty. Looks nice and moisturized.

faithVA

Wearing a twist out today. The break did me good. I feel ready to do my hair tonight. I still want a wig though :lol: I need a sale.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
All these long pretty curls make me wanna grow my hair out of the TWA now. Decisions, decisions!

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Guinan

Re-Branding
I finished my mini twists yesterday!!:yay::yay: And I LOVE them. All I had to do was wake and shake:drunk: My mini goal is to keep them in for 2wks. My ultimate goal is to keep them in for 4wks.

discodumpling

Today I combined the DC and the clay step. Simply by adding conditioner and other stuff to my Ayurvedic powders (still waiting on my rhassoul!!) I got what I wanted, defined, hydrated curls that will now air dry all day long in the house cause ain't nobody going anywhere in this cold!

My wild hair for the day...all dry!

Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
Pics before installing my mini twists and then after. It took me about 8-10hrs in a course of 2days. I used shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and Giovanni gel as my styler. I primarily used the gel for the front.

Attachments

• 20150217_154250.jpg
    20150217_154250.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20150220_123557.jpg
    20150220_123557.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

werenumber2

So I think I'm finallllllly going to start the MHM tonight! I haven't had a shampoo in about 12 days though. :ohwell: Will the baking soda/conditioner mix get my scalp clean enough?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Pics before installing my mini twists and then after. It took me about 8-10hrs in a course of 2days. I used shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and Giovanni gel as my styler. I primarily used the gel for the front.

SMH! Why does it have to be do shiny, thick and beautiful tho?!?!

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

faithVA

So I think I'm finallllllly going to start the MHM tonight! I haven't had a shampoo in about 12 days though. :ohwell: Will the baking soda/conditioner mix get my scalp clean enough?

Remember you are also doing the clay step so your scalp will be clean between step 1 and step 3.

Are you low porosity? If so then baking soda. Maybe start with 2 tsp to make sure your scalp is ok with it. If not then stick to ACV.

HopefulOne

Your twists look beautiful. I am glad that they came out so well.

Duchess007

LOVE your curls, and the twists look great!

GGsKin

Sitting with the Faith In Nature Hemp and Meadowfoam conditioner (as recommended up thread) as my DC. I also used it with BS for step 1 and I love it so far. It has great slip, definitely better than TJTTT, in my opinion. Feel like I had slightly more shrinkage than I've seen don't know if it's down to my protein boost or the conditioner. Either way, my hair felt soft when I undid my plaits and super soft with the FIN condish. I will see how it feels when I wash it out.
Thanks for the recommendation NIKKE121

AJellyCake

I love this thread!!!

Soooo I went out and got the Tresemme Perfectly Undone conditioner based on the recommendations in this thread. It was nice to be able to find something so easily in the ground!

You all are right: it does smell amazing. And it made my hair feel very soft and silky. I then did a thicker rhassoul/bentonite mix and used Hello Curly.

So far, my hair is in great shape: it's soft and moisturized. I had to diffuse it today, and, interestingly enough, my hair seems to have dried much more quickly than normal--which is a great thing in this freezing weather!!