ATTN: MESH ROLLERSETTERS!!!

80s_baby

I've been setting my 4b relaxed hair on mesh rollers weekly for a while. I used the plastic pins to secure the rollers. I wanted to know have any of you experienced damage/breakage from sticking the pins through your wet hair while it's on the roller? Are they any alternative ways to use the pins without risking damage? Any pics? I thought about going back to magnetic, but mesh sets dry quicker and keep my new growth taut.

Honi

There is no board.
Are you using the pink plastic pins or the amber colored pins with the metal in the middle.

I've always been careful when poking those things thru. If your not careful, you can snap a few hairs trying to anchor them especially if your using end papers.

albane

I use the amber pics (metal pin covered with plastic) through the mesh rollers for nearly 16 years and it never produce any damage to my hair.
The only time where you need to be very careful is when you start the set because the pin which goes through the first rollers will compulsorily be in contact with your head/your skull. The trajectory should be somewhat parallell to your skull there, just applying a little pressure (thanks to the pin flexibility) in order to maintain the first rollers in place.

seeminglysweet

I do not expereience any breakage. I use both metal pins and the amber pins. You can use duckbill clips if you don't like the pins