Quick question about Mega-Tek and touchups

againstallodds

Hi ladies,

I just have a quick question. I did a search but didn't find an answer but for the ladies who use mega-tek, how soon do you discontinue it's use before you relax????

I'm relaxing this friday, with Mizani Butter Blends and I'm not sure if I should use Mega-tek this week for fear of scalp irritation when I relax.

I haven't applied any MT since Thursday, May 7th and I washed my hair this past friday.

TIA!!!!

soulie

I kept using it on my scalp only until the day before I did my touchup. I based my scalp and experienced no burning. I use Phytospecific.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I basically did what you are 'proposing' to do. I stopped the MT a week before relaxing , since I did a Protein Treatment a week before relaxing w/Emergencee. During the relaxing process, I used the Joico K-Pak (another protein treatment).

The week after relaxing I did a protein treatment. I began re-applying MT again the following week. So, that was about 2 weeks? However, during all those applications I made sure I Moisturized My Hair Extensively.:yep:

againstallodds

I basically did what you are 'proposing' to do. I stopped the MT a week before relaxing , since I did a Protein Treatment a week before relaxing w/Emergencee. During the relaxing process, I used the Joico K-Pak (another protein treatment).

The week after relaxing I did a protein treatment. I began re-applying MT again the following week. So, that was about 2 weeks? However, during all those applications I made sure I Moisturized My Hair Extensively.:yep:

I did a protein treatment during my last wash as well. I was thinking about just waiting to start on MT a week after I relax too... I might just go that route. I'm a worrywart lol, better safe than sorry:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I did a protein treatment during my last wash as well. I was thinking about just waiting to start on MT a week after I relax too... I might just go that route. I'm a worrywart lol, better safe than sorry:yep:

I agree. Defintely better safe than sorry.:nono: It's always best to know how Your Hair reacts to certain treatments (especially if you're not sure) and then you can properly access how your hair responds then you can make the necessary adjustments. And add & subtract according to How Your Hair Responds.:yep:

Last edited:

againstallodds

I agree. Defintely better safe than sorry.:nono: It's always best to how Your Hair reacts to certain treatments (especially if you're not sure) and then you can properly access how your hair responds then you can make the necessary adjustments. And add & subtract according to How Your Hair Responds.:yep:

I agree, especially since i've only been learning about what my hair likes and dislikes for about 2.5 months.