Mega-Tek/OCT Challenge November 2008

I do not put OCT on my scalp anymore. After several months of use it started to give me some painful bumps. I was really disapointed because when I used it everday I got an inch per month. I now use it as a overnight pre-poo on my hair and ensure I do not get it on my scalp too much, 2 per week and follow with a deep moisturising conditioner (this is especially important because I am natural) and I am good to go. It makes my hair lush. I can really see the difference when I use it. It is not giving me the growth benefits but it is helping me to retain length. Give me a couple years and I will be sitting on my hair:lachen:

Hi Ladies. I haven't been on lately because I broke my laptop last month. I plan to buy one next week (I'm keeping an eye out for the holiday sales :look:). Anyway, I stopped using the MT for a couple of weeks and wore a phony pony.:ohwell: I noticed that my hair hasn't grown as much as when I used MT daily. :wallbash: I'm back on it now and will order more. Keep up the good work and HHG!

Here are my progress pictures for the end of October.
May 13, 2008 and July 7, 2008
july7-vi.jpg

September 4, 2008
Youngins037-vi.jpg

October 28, 2008
oct302008037-vi.jpg

Wow! That's great progress! :clap: (Reaching for my MT now):grin:

I have a question for mega tek users....are you using the pink bottle or blue on? I plan on buying some within the next week and I don't wanna get the wrong one!

I do not put OCT on my scalp anymore. After several months of use it started to give me some painful bumps. I was really disapointed because when I used it everday I got an inch per month. I now use it as a overnight pre-poo on my hair and ensure I do not get it on my scalp too much, 2 per week and follow with a deep moisturising conditioner (this is especially important because I am natural) and I am good to go. It makes my hair lush. I can really see the difference when I use it. It is not giving me the growth benefits but it is helping me to retain length. Give me a couple years and I will be sitting on my hair:lachen:

what moisturizing conditioner are you using? I'm transitioning (need support to keep me from relaxing) and I cant seem to find a good moisturizing deep conditioner for these new growth that I have.

ladies, i currently alternate bewteen OCT and MT everyday; then, I had a random off-the-chart thought "what will happen if I just mixed the two together? would i get the same results?" what do you all think?

Here is my update:
100_1182-vi.jpg

To me it doesn't look that much different to my 2nd siggy pic. But my camera *sigh* never captures my hair the way it looks in real life.

It doesn't look like it but it has grown. I think I'm at the stage where it seems to grow out before growing down some more. Other areas are pretty much caught up and my hair all round is pretty much the sme length and still remains in a blunt cut from march of this year.

Some other pics

Post relaxer. I didn't want to blow dry so wore these damp 2 strand twists over night and flat ironed the next day.

100_1164-vi.jpg

My hair [dry] shrunken back up a lil after removing the twists.
100_1166-vi.jpg

100_1167-vi.jpg

All in all I'm pleased with my growth since my big chop in march and think I'm very close to being back to where I started pre-chop.

what moisturizing conditioner are you using? I'm transitioning (need support to keep me from relaxing) and I cant seem to find a good moisturizing deep conditioner for these new growth that I have.

Hey...I'm transitioning too and I have to use water, carefree curl and coconut to seal with daily. I also use Pantene hair mask. I know alot of people don't think you should use this often, but this is great for my hair. I put it on and apply coconut oil on top of it for a while. It makes my new growth (natural hair) so managable. Love it. By the way, I am in love with my new growth.

I've been following the post in this challenge for about two weeks and I'm sooooooooo motivated that I just order by OCT pack. My only question is to the people who are taking garlic to combat shedding, how much garlic are you taking? I purchased a bottle of garlic today that is 2000 mg per tablet. I was planning to take 1 pill 2x/day. Is that enough?

Thanks!

P.S. dontspeakdefeat will you please add me to the challenge.... thanks

Here is my update:
100_1182-vi.jpg

To me it doesn't look that much different to my 2nd siggy pic. But my camera *sigh* never captures my hair the way it looks in real life.

It doesn't look like it but it has grown. I think I'm at the stage where it seems to grow out before growing down some more. Other areas are pretty much caught up and my hair all round is pretty much the sme length and still remains in a blunt cut from march of this year.

Some other pics

Post relaxer. I didn't want to blow dry so wore these damp 2 strand twists over night and flat ironed the next day.

100_1164-vi.jpg

My hair [dry] shrunken back up a lil after removing the twists.
100_1166-vi.jpg

100_1167-vi.jpg

All in all I'm pleased with my growth since my big chop in march and think I'm very close to being back to where I started pre-chop.

I am always impressed with your progress.

:yep: I can definitely see additional length - about the normal amount of growth, I would say, but the increased thickness is obvious! Your hair is so much fuller!

I see everybody is talking about how they don't see much of a difference in their growth.....just remember.......durning the fall & winter months our growth pattern will SLOW DOWN A GREAT DEAL ! Dont give up! just keep doing up the mt and you will see a difference when your growth spurt does kick in !............

much love !!!!!

hi ladies havent been on in awhile busy with school and work...N E WAYZ im out of MT and losing it should i mix MN in my MT if so what is it lol also should i trim my ends i dont use heat wearing afro now and braid outs so do i still need to trim

I am always impressed with your progress.

Thanks Jamaica lovely

LondonDiva, your hair does look like it has more length! It's so thick and healthy!

I see it even if the camera doesn't capture it all :mad: It's got longer and more importantly I've retained that length. I'm happy with my progress.

:yep: I can definitely see additional length - about the normal amount of growth, I would say, but the increased thickness is obvious! Your hair is so much fuller!

Thanks JK.

:yay: londondiva i was waiting for your updates, your hair has certainly thickened up a lot and grown :yep:

Thanks BA, now we are waiting on baby #2 c'mon now and give us an update of your own :grin:

Is anyone's scalp sensitive (almost sore to the touch?) and itchy? :look:

I don't have bumps or anything but goot lord it's itching and growing. :ohwell:

I'm shedding.... long hairs. Finally got a curb on the breakage.... but I haven't gotten it to stop completely. I had been taking garlic all along so I could imagine if I weren't. :look:

Is anyone's scalp sensitive (almost sore to the touch?) and itchy? :look:

I don't have bumps or anything but goot lord it's itching and growing. :ohwell:

I'm shedding.... long hairs. Finally got a curb on the breakage.... but I haven't gotten it to stop completely. I had been taking garlic all along so I could imagine if I weren't. :look:

Sounds like good signs to me of a good growth spurt on the way!!:yep:

Reposting here on this thread to say that DSD is WONDERFUL - not only here managing the MT/OCT Challenge thread, but in person too! I was experiencing some issues with my closure this weekend due to massive growth with MT. I called her to explain the situation and she said to come over within next hour. When I got there, she welcomed me like we were old time friends. She fixed my closure to a "T" and even offered to curl/wave my hair.

She was sooooo sweet!!!! I learned so much from her and she gave me samples of products.

It was such a pleasure to visit DSD.

:blowkiss: Thanks DSD, you're a doll!
Ok, back to megateking. I took a nap and woke up a few minutes ago. I decided to get my lazy butt up and apply MT to my scalp. DH laughs at me and says..."So, you woke up to feed your hair." Such a comedian.:drunk:

But, this stuff is ridiculous. I saw my bff this weekend and forgot I gave her some MT. OMG...the front of her hair is growing like a weed. I love to see this work on others in person.

Reposting here on this thread to say that DSD is WONDERFUL - not only here managing the MT/OCT Challenge thread, but in person too! I was experiencing some issues with my closure this weekend due to massive growth with MT. I called her to explain the situation and she said to come over within next hour. When I got there, she welcomed me like we were old time friends. She fixed my closure to a "T" and even offered to curl/wave my hair.

She was sooooo sweet!!!! I learned so much from her and she gave me samples of products.

It was such a pleasure to visit DSD.

:blowkiss: Thanks DSD, you're a doll!
You are too sweet for words Lady. It was a pleasure having you! Thank you!

Hello Ladies. I have updated the list of challengers for this week. The names are in alphabetical order. Please use your control + F key to find your name. It's easy to overlook your own name considering we have close to 300 challengers. That's amazing ladies.

I want to just say congratulations to all of the ladies who have had great success. Keep up the good work.

To the newbies to the challenge, good luck. You will start seeing those great results too!!

Back