May 2014..What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

IDareT'sHair I don't think I'm done.. really want that new shescentit DC (hoping for a sale) and thinking I need to hit up Pampered Tendrils again before Saturday.... Hairveda also has a Trio that I think would be a good gift (for me or someone else :blush:)

I bought coconut oil..I know I'm a little late with the whole coconut oil thing. There are so many great uses for it ( hair, skin, nails, and MOUTH!) love it!

HYDROQUENCH SYSTEMS:
x1 16oz Pineapple Oil
x1 4oz Coconut Mango Oil
x1 16oz Chocolate Brazilian Cleansing Conditioner
x1 12oz The Slip Deep Conditioner

CurlMart:
Bee Mine Be Hold Curly Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
Eluence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

20% off Discount Already Applied + I used the code WELCOME for an additional 15% off.

Their shipping costs suck!

SheScentIt
Pomegranate conditioner
Brazilnut buttercream
Coco cream leave in

ETA: Also some oyin whipped pudding from curlmart

Last edited:
CurlMart:
Bee Mine Be Hold Curly Butter
Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Moisture Milk
Eluence Moisture Benefits Shampoo

20% off Discount Already Applied + I used the code WELCOME for an additional 15% off.

Their shipping costs suck!

What was the shipping?

I chopped off my relaxed ends on the back so I just purchased:
Hair Milk Deep Moisture Curl Set,
Black Vanilla Moisture & Shine Hydrating Conditioner
Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Cleansing Conditioner
Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Styling Pudding
Hair Milk Nourishing & Conditioning Original Leave-In Moisturizer

Blue Roze Beauty
Manuka Honey Conditioner
Coconut Hair Milk

Kurlee Belle
Banana Nut and Avocado Treatment
Thirsty Kurls Leave In
Almond and Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo

Shescentit
2x Blueberry Cowash Conditioner
Tahitian Vanilla and Coconut Leave In Spray
Argan Elixir
Scalp Spritz
Coco Cream Leave In Conditioner

Luckily my wash day is moving back to weekly because I've got to start getting through all this stuff!
Not to mention that I may or may not need a mini refrigerator now for hair products :hide: #dontjudgeme

Pampered Tendrils
...1st time purchases...
1x...SSI Coco Creme leave-in
1x...Hairveda Sitrinillah

Shescentit
2x ....Okra Reconstructor 16 oz.

Blue Roze Beauty Manuka Honey Conditioner Coconut Hair Milk Kurlee Belle Banana Nut and Avocado Treatment Thirsty Kurls Leave In Almond and Shea Butter Moisturizing Shampoo Shescentit 2x Blueberry Cowash Conditioner Tahitian Vanilla and Coconut Leave In Spray Argan Elixir Scalp Spritz Coco Cream Leave In Conditioner Luckily my wash day is moving back to weekly because I've got to start getting through all this stuff! Not to mention that I may or may not need a mini refrigerator now for hair products :hide: #dontjudgeme

Shooooot...girl I already have a mini fridge for my natural hair products cause my bathroom is already full to the brim *look* #nojudgementhere

Wasn't planning to buy anything but The Healing Place has a 20% sale with free shipping and I love her Mudwash. Had to get me some of that. I'm pissed though that she only seemed to have one in stock.

Apparently this didn't happen. They never took the money from my Paypal..,oh well.

I was on the hunt to replace my tresseme naturals (love the conditioner, hate the smell)- looking for a cheap rinse out. So I bought a sample of Avalon organics in lavender and Mill Creek Jojoba conditioner

Hair Trigger

12 oz. Explosive Growth Elixir in the Creme Brûlée Scent
0.5 oz. Cayenne Booster Herbal Tincture Level 1

CurlMart
2 Darcy Botanical Hair mask

I was all giddy when I used the code SPRING (it had $5 shipping) but when I checked out shipping sucked...$8.75:nono:

Rant:
I know this may not be a good comparison but tell me why I had a 20lb kettlebell shipped for $8.99 and I paid darn near that for 1lb of conditioner! Uggggh!

Silk dreams

Wheat germ condish
Vanilla silk 2x
Chocolate bliss
Shea what 2x
Shea what Deux 2x
Almond butter cream
RDC 2x

Pampered trendrils

SD avocado butter
Whip my hair
SSI honey rinse 3x

SSI

Avocado condish 2x
Pomegranate condish
Banana brûlée
The new DC she has.. I forgot the name lol

Hairveda

ACV rinse 2x
SITRINILLAH DC 2x

APB

Blue cheesecake condish
White mousse DC
Marshmallow cloud leave in

RPG show wig

The Beyonce bob style unit

I was able to purchase from my 3 staple lines. Very happy with these lines and don't really plan on branching out anymore. Except maybe with APB.. I'm on a No buy until Black Friday. I have plenty of products to last me until then. So it won't be difficult.

From Curlmart:

Curl Junkie Olive & Argan Oil Daily Conditioner
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Curl Junkie Curls In A Bottle
Oyin Handmade Hair Dew

Sweet Curls Flaxseed Gel
Sweet Curls Flaxseed Curl Cream

Last edited:
CurlMart
2 Darcy Botanical Hair mask

I was all giddy when I used the code SPRING (it had $5 shipping) but when I checked out shipping sucked...$8.75:nono:

Rant:
I know this may not be a good comparison but tell me why I had a 20lb kettlebell shipped for $8.99 and I paid darn near that for 1lb of conditioner! Uggggh!

This is why I've stayed away from these Mother's Day sales: the shipping with these companies. A 20 something percent covers only the shipping- if that. Wanted to buy from SheScentit and pulled the plug because of it. Wanted to try that kinky kashmere leave-in but why the hell are you selling a $10 item with a $7.25 shipping?!
I'll keep using my stash. Hopefully later on in the year there will be better sales.

I bought the fake Pibbs dryer from LCL Beauty. It's on backorder so it won't ship out until May 19 tho *tears*

I also signed up for a curl collection subscription box. I'll see how that goes

Today was the last day for the $5 off a $20 or more hair care purchase at Target (code: Beauty5)
I was being sooooo good, but meh.. It's Mother's Day tomorrow. Treat my damn self lol
I got:
Shea Moisture's Purification Masque, Deep Treatment Masque, + Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth and Repair Nourishing Hair Masque.

Aveyou
Darcy's deep condifioner

BlueRozeBeauty
Manuka deep conditoner

ETA: went into Sephora picked up Alterna Bamboo Volume Weightless Whipped Mousse

Last edited:
Back