May 2014..What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

Naphy

I treated myself for labour day and bought my 'wig challenge" starting kit ^^
- a silk top glueless lace wig from classiclacewigs
- some phytospecific cap' energy vits

more to come this weekend :)

Pompous Blue

from hattache.com

Anita Grant's new Rhassoul DC Black Strap Molasses & Slippery Elm cubes.

Ordered yesterday; received shipping notice today.

Can't wait to try it.

Hattache's CS is the best!!!

Beamodel

Hairveda Methi Tea Set
I'm nervous because hair dose not like black tea but I've been shedding too much and I hope this will work for me....

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
From Pampered Tendrils

2x Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk ( love this stuff )
1x Claudies Kahve Hydrating Deep Conditioner

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Hairveda Methi Tea Set I'm nervous because hair dose not like black tea but I've been shedding too much and I hope this will work for me....

I've heard good reviews about this product. If black tea is too strong for you, have you considered trying green tea instead? I've used green tea without any issues.

NaturalBritt87

(2) jane carter nourish and shine for $17.99 at Sally's. I returned 2 items that didn't suit my hair (store credit ~$12.50). 15% off coupon + $5 off $25
(2) one and only argan oil BOGO for $8.99 (one for my mother, one for me)
Total for everything: $25.01
I pretty much got the nourish and shine as a BOGO regular price with the oils for free, yay!

krissyc39

I bought fenugreek & henna ayurveda herbal oil from keraveda.

It's my first time buying anything in a while lol- I'm excited :)

southerncitygirl

Since natural oasis is closed till the middle of the month (http://www.stepbystepnaturalhairstyling.com/ ) I ordered an 8oz hair grease from Gnaturals ( http://www.gnatural.net/ ) cause I got free shipping and 10% off so it was less than $15. Using these to mix sulfur powder in for my growth mix:yep: I will order some sulfur powder towards the end of this month or next month from amazon cause I'm towards the bottom of my bottle that a friend gave me a while back. I needs mo' hurr :look:, especially since with my setback to my longest layer being cut to APL from almost MBL I used these in the 90s with good results. I little goes a long way and they smell good so it covers the sulfur smell. I like the idea of grease to do a sulfur mix so I don't get drippies and am not too heavy handed.

Last edited:

overtherainbow

I bought Shea Moisture Super Fruit Complex lotion and oil. I know they're body products, but the ingredients are very similar to their hair milks and hair oils. And SM was bogo at Ulta. I used both to refresh my hair last night and I really like them so far.
Then I bought butters and a headband from The Natural Me and some fake curl formers from Amazon.

SweetlyCurly

Wasn't planning to buy anything but The Healing Place has a 20% sale with free shipping and I love her Mudwash. Had to get me some of that. I'm pissed though that she only seemed to have one in stock.

KinkyGenius

Got a cart ready on Hattache, but messaged them first to see if they were having an upcoming Mother's Day or Memorial Day sale

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Kinky Curly...All of it! I have been on the hunt for Twistout products for my transitioning 10+ month hair and so far I love this stuff. I love the scent, I love how the shampoo makes my hair feel, I love the combout of the Knot Today...I gave up shopping for Lent, so I was excited to be able to buy something.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
BASK Beauty
Apple Sorghum Supple Hair Syrup x2
Vanilla Whiskey Repairative Soak x2
YAM Nectar Nourisher
Whipped Custard Body Cream in Apricot Colada

caliscurls

Liquid Gold (first time...noticed a thin area in my temple..had to bring out the big guns!)
- 1 bald spot treatment
- 1 green magic
- 1 growth oil with sulphur

B.A.S.K
- 1 tapioca - my fave
- 2 apple syrup - first time
- 1 Y.A.M first time
- 1 whipped custard in lemon

ScorpioBeauty09

Yesterday I stocked up on Pantene Heat Shield Conditioner for when I straighten my hair next week for my graduation/graduation dinner:grin:. Plus it was kind of hard for me to track down.:ohwell:

I also got the Tresemme Renewal Hair & Scalp conditioning mask that my hair and scalp just seems to love.:grin:

faithVA

[USER=122486 said:
southerncitygirl[/USER];20019665]Since natural oasis is closed till the middle of the month (http://www.stepbystepnaturalhairstyling.com/ ) I ordered an 8oz hair grease from Gnaturals ( http://www.gnatural.net/ ) cause I got free shipping and 10% off so it was less than $15. Using these to mix sulfur powder in for my growth mix:yep: I will order some sulfur powder towards the end of this month or next month from amazon cause I'm towards the bottom of my bottle that a friend gave me a while back. I needs mo' hurr :look:, especially since with my setback to my longest layer being cut to APL from almost MBL I used these in the 90s with good results. I little goes a long way and they smell good so it covers the sulfur smell. I like the idea of grease to do a sulfur mix so I don't get drippies and am not too heavy handed.

What were you going to buy from Natural Oasis?

Just an FYI, Luxe Beauty sells her products now
http://www.lhboutique.com/

faithVA

[USER=122486 said:
southerncitygirl[/USER];20022079]

i usually use their herbal hair & scalp conditioner, thanks now I have another place to purchase.

How do you use it? Are you using it on your scalp? your hair? or both?

I have the small jar and I'm mad that I didn't get the big one. I love her balms too and she has some new ones that just came out. I want to try them.

southerncitygirl

@faithVA

the herbal hair dressing is great for sulfur mixes as it is super moisturizing and the fruity smell masks the sulfur well. I apply only to my scalp cause I mix sulfur in it. It would be a nice sealant. I ordered the gnaturals last night so in a month or so i will order some more of the natural oasis. The shipping is super expensive on the site you listed its like $8...... the natural oasis site had free shipping. Unless I order alot it wouldn't be worth it for me.