Maxiglide - It Works!

options

Well, I tried out the Maxiglide yesterday. I have type 4A hair that is mildly texturized. I usually wear my hair in twists or twist-outs and have that "lioness" big hair look, which I love. But I have been wanting to see what my hair looks like straight lately, which I hadn't seen in at least 10 years. Anyway, I used the Maxiglide last night. And I am pleased to report that that thing works!

I have very resistant hair and only had the setting on 5 (goes up to 10) and got great results. My hair is not stick-straight (probably could have been if I amped up the heat), but it straighted out VERY easily and today I am wearing a cute flippish hairstyle.

I did not realize I had so much hair - length-wise and volume-wise. I am near shoulder-length, which is my immediate goal for this year. I am so geeked!

I don't anticipate using the Maxiglide too often, as I want to avoid heat as much as possible. I hadn't had heat (other than a heating cap for deep conditioning) on my hair in over two years.

GoingBack

I'm glad that it worked for you. I have been considering getting the Maxiglide or a Chi for a while now.

hair

That great Options. I did to recive maxiglide yesterday from fedex. But I open the box late at 2a.m in the morning. Few min. ago I open the flat plate and rellize that I can't put the plate on. Option how you put the flat plate on the maxiglide. It seems like it want fix or no connection to it. Did you use steam or no steam in the maziglide.

options

Hair,

Did you get the DVD that comes with it? It tell you how to change the plates from the one with the ceramic "pins" to the flat plate. It looked simple to do from the video.

I used the steam a couple of times, mainly to pre-loosen up a few sections that were tangled (I rarely comb my hair). I am so excited about it, but I don't want to get in the habit of wearing my hair straight.

hair

Yes I got the Dvd with. At first I thought it was the comtputer system to play it the computer and I relize it's a dvd. I don't own a dvd player. Is the plat optional or it has to be us everytime I glide the hair.

options

The accompanying flat plate is optional. The plate with the ceramic pins helps to separate the hair while it's being straightened, which I think leads to a better result. In the DVD, they say the flat plate is best for quick touch-ups.

OK this is totally off topic but I love your siggy!

options said:
The accompanying flat plate is optional. The plate with the ceramic pins helps to separate the hair while it's being straightened, which I think leads to a better result. In the DVD, they say the flat plate is best for quick touch-ups.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
options said:
I don't anticipate using the Maxiglide too often, as I want to avoid heat as much as possible. I hadn't had heat (other than a heating cap for deep conditioning) on my hair in over two years.

Yes girl it is the BOMB!! I got hooked on it for about a week and some very loving hair sistahs threatened me to back up. It is too easy to use isn't it? Be careful and enjoy!!!

Great investment!!!

HHG-

~op~

options

onepraying said:
Yes girl it is the BOMB!! I got hooked on it for about a week and some very loving hair sistahs threatened me to back up. It is too easy to use isn't it? Be careful and enjoy!!!

Great investment!!!

HHG-

~op~

I see how it could be addictive. My hair used to laugh at hot combs and even relaxers when I was growing up, so I was cynical about this. Now, I need to be on TV giving a testimonial! My hair feels so light and fluffy ... hell, I could toss my hair like I'm in a Rio or Copa commerical. LOL.