To Maxiglide or not to Maxiglide?

MissJ

I'm going to a ball on Friday, and I'm transitioning. My hair looks like poo poo just about everyday. Anyway, I bought a Maxiglide for the occassion but don't know if I will know how to use it correctly. My other option would be going to Too Groovy to get my hair blown out. I have shoulder length hair, and the Maxiglide is pretty big. Plus, I don't know how to use it yet. Do you think I should give the Maxiglide a try or just get it done at Too Groovy?

aileenadq

How often do you wash your hair? If it is only once a week then go to the salon. If it is more than once, try the Maxi mid week. Also, what is the weather going to be like?

Make sure not to use the steam while it's right at the scalp- press the steam button right before clamping down, then slide. 9i have gotten to tghe point that I can only slightly press the button to let ouot only a tiny amount of steam, so that I can clamp down and use the steam without getting burned.)

I use the flat plate w/ the steam. It leaves my hair glossier than the one with the teeth.

Whatever you do, use a good heat protectant.

Good luck & post pics of the 'do!

MissJ

I was about once a week. I don't know what the weather is going to be like up there, probably cold. If I was gonna use the Maxiglide, I was going to do it the day of the ball, so that it wouldn't get messed up. I'm not too familiar with flat irons, so it might be messed up from the start. :lol:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I'd say do the salon for the ball so you know you're set, and then practice the Maxiglide another day so you can be ready be for next time.

momi

Maybe I am partial because I really like Too Groovy - but I was just not able to get the silky shine from the MG ... I ended up returning mine. It straightened my hair really well, but for a special occasion I would opt for the salon.

I am going Thursday to TG = I cant wait!!! I am not sure if it is the iron or the technique, but my hair has soo much shine.