~~*March 2008-What Did You Buy This Week?*~~

malemegrad

I did great this week. Just Pantene Breakage Defense. Trying to clear out some of the stuff I have before I can justify buying more. Looking at you guys lists' is not helping. I keep seeing things I want to try!!

Brownie518

:yep::yep:

I owe cuz pusha aka Gym big time for this one!

Also, love it mixed with the Dangerously Straight...

*waiting to use my coupons...for some reason I can't lock down the big bottles at the moment...but as soon as I do...*

:yep: That's my mix right there! I rinse with that combo at every wash!

My purchases this morning:

E'tae Carmel treatment
E'tae Nutrient
E'tae Buttershine
Redken Deep Fuel - 3 boxes
Redken All Soft Addictive Hair Transformer - 4 bottles
Redken Extreme Rescue Force

felicia

From Anita Grant:
unscented shampoo bar
kelp shampoo bar
rhassoul cond. cubes
blue mava herbs
cafe latte cream

naturalgurl

I think I need help. I have been buying stuff for my head almost every other day since I learned how to care for this mane! I had to laugh when I saw "what did you buy this week" and then thought that I could honestly answer! This week I bought some more EVOO, extra virgin coconut oil and some more aloe vera. My bathroom looks like a fall out shelter for a woman with waist length hair. I have bottles and bottles of glycerin and too much castor oil! I'm sooooo afraid of running out of ANYTHING!

OrangeMoon

I finally broke down and got some stuff.

Dominican Hair Stater Package from Roundhairbrush.com and clear color shines

This weekend I plan on getting a bottle of Lacio Lacio from the BSS :look:

I've gotten my PJ fix until July and didn't give in to the Curlformers crazy. :grin:

magviv

I purchased 1 of the curlformers kit and an extra wand in case the first one breaks. I tried to purchase the French Stabilizer product that DLewis mentioned in another thread but the Sally's in my town stopped carrying it.

fivetimestwo

HE LTR conditioner
Pantene R&N Mask (restock)
LeKair Cholesterol (restock)
Container for my numerous rollers (been using a plastic bag thus far:lachen:)
Conair Wooden Comb for detangling (broke the one from The Body Shop:perplexed)

lmjenk67

I'm not as big of a pj as in the past because I've been going to a stylist but my braidout didn't last as long as I wanted so I decided to give in to the lure of the curlformers (will post results in the morning). I bought the following from Sally's:

curlfomers kit plus one pack of short and narrow (they were out of the others)
extra curlformer rod (glad I did because the one in the kit was already broken)
hair clips (2 for $4)
spray bottles (2 for $4)
Beyond the Zone Frizz Control (used with curlformers)
wide tooth comb
detangling brush (not a Denman because they were out and I gave mine to my niece last month):wallbash:

As soon as they get the longer curlformers in stock, I'll go back and purchase add'l packs plus they are going to exchange my kit since the rod was broken.

Brownie518

L'anza Kukui Nut conditioner
Redken Extreme conditioner
PM The Conditioner

That's it! No more hair stuff for the rest of the month!! :look: I mean it!!!

HoneyDew

I am VERY happy with my recent purchase! :yep:

Today I got, for $10.99, the professional Boxed kit of my beloved Profectiv relaxer, Regular. It has 6, count em' 6, touchups! I was paying anywhere from $10-12 each for the 2 touchup kits all this time!!

It is the same formula, but does not include the neutralizing mousse shampoo and other little packets of this and that - stuff I NEVER used anyway (I prefer ORS neutralizing shampoo which I own already). Well I did try to use the Breakfree cream packets on my previously relaxed hair just so I could get my money's worth, but I can do without that!

I have relaxer to last me the rest of the year and THEM SOME! :yep:

Edited to add:

I also got 4 or 5 more universal wrapping scarfs - the stretchy ones. the 3 I have are not cutting it with the 4-5 workouts days I need to use them on.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

Cabots Protein Packs from Big Lots; I made out for 50cents a piece!
These are VERY good. They actually replenish moisture, even though they are protein. They make a great pre-poo treatment. I mixed in some warm oil and my hair loved it! :love:

Did you see any of the hot oil pacs? I need some and my Big Lots sold out.

gymfreak336

These are VERY good. They actually replenish moisture, even though they are protein. They make a great pre-poo treatment. I mixed in some warm oil and my hair loved it! :love:

Did you see any of the hot oil pacs? I need some and my Big Lots sold out.

I can check. They had alot of the protein packets. I can't wait to try them

sareca

I'm gonna swing by Ulta on my way home for something to replace my Salerm21. I'm tired of ordering it over the Internet and they don't sell it in bulk/salon sizes.

Anancy

I just bought Aveda DR Resructurung conditioner, my hair has been breaking and i've been wanting to try out this line.
I also got the Aveda brilliant Damage Control spray.

Im going to use the conditioner tomorrow, im anxious to see how it goes, this darn hair better stop breaking.

Allandra

I purchased some goodies from SheScentIt.com (Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo, Avocado Hair Rinse and Nadia Seyani Hair Butter. All of these smell soooo good.

I also purchased some Creme of Nature shampoo (always keep this in my hair care product stash) and some Creme of Nature conditioner (because I like sets). :grin:

gymfreak336

Yes,Really good and I used the say way as Honeydew,pre poo mixed with oil.
I called around to neighboring Big Lots to see if they had any left in stock.

I am looking online now trying to find a place that sells them. I hate getting attached to great products I can't find

Jetblackhair

I bought:

Aloe Vera Gel
Castor Oil
Whipped Baggy Cream from HairVeda
Neutrogena Silk Touch Leave-In Cream (on sale $4.99 @ CVS)
Neutrogena Deep Recovery Hair Mask (on sale $4.99 @ CVS)
Mega Care Shea Butter Oil