Mane 'N Tail conditioner users, does yours contain Emulsifying Wax?

HoneyDew

I am asking because I just noticed on one bottle that I have that it contains Emulsifying Wax. Then I have another that I am finishing up that does not contain this ingredient. The only difference in the 2 bottles is that the one WITHOUT Emulsifying Wax came from Sally's. The other I got from a local grocery store.

Does yours contain Emulsifying Wax? Where did you get yours?

I am starting to think that Sally's has a different formula. I know that they do for some of their other products.

HoneyDew

I just sent an email to the Straight Arrow company about this. I am curious now. They responded to me once when I inquired about their products so I expect they will get back to me soon about this, as well.

I do think there is a difference. I remember once using a new bottle and thinking that it felt different on my hair. Not bad, just different. I could tell that there was something waxy, but again it was not bad. I do clarify with every shampoo, but I prefer the formula I have without the emulsifying wax.

I am going to stop at Sally's tomorrow and check the ingredients on those bottles. Maybe I got an old one or something.

HoneyDew

I don't really have a problem with the wax, but it seems that there is a difference. I remember using my conditioner once and my hair did feel like it had a coating. Not unbearable, but I could tell and I remember thinking that something was different. Then I started a new bottle I got from Sally's and I did not have that feeling. That is just odd to me. I am more curious about that fact there there may be different formulas or some bottles just labeled differently. Not only does this one not have Emulsifying Wax, but the other ingredients are in a different order. That is not a big deal really, but still makes me wonder.

I am going to Sally's today to pick up a few things and I will check their bottle again. Maybe the one I got was old or something. I did just get it a month ago, though.