mane n' tail

Kawaii1

I have two questions.

1. What if any is the difference between mane n' tail by shapley's and the mane n' tail you can find at the beauty supply?

2. When I was with clarifying shampoo do I have to dc with protein and moisture like I normally would? Does it strip all that from the hair? What do you follow your clarifying shampoo with?

belleama

I have two questions.

1. What if any is the difference between mane n' tail by shapley's and the mane n' tail you can find at the beauty supply?

2. When I was with clarifying shampoo do I have to dc with protein and moisture like I normally would? Does it strip all that from the hair? What do you follow your clarifying shampoo with?

Mane Tail Groom aka MTG is a growth aid made for animals (there is a new human version available now) by Shapleys. Mane 'n Tail is a hair care line used by humans and animals by Straight Arrow.

When you clarify you should use a moisturizing DC to replace the moisture that was stripped during your clarifying Poo.

Kawaii1

So is there any difference in quality? Is the mane and tail everybody raves about the shapelys or straight arrow?

OrangeMoon

Shapelys is for animal use. I only use the MTG product as a growth aide. I have no ordered or used other Shapely's Products.

Mane N' Tail by Straight and Arrow(I think that is the company) was once used for animals but worked so well it was marketed for use on humans and has been for a while. The uses of the shampoo and conditioner I am unsure if it is protein or moisture.

Can someone please confirm if Mane n' Tail is a moisturizing or protein product? I've been confused about it for quite sometime. Thank you!

Last edited:

lboogie2679

From what I understand the Straigh Arrow conditioner is a light protein. I think that the originial shampoo is light protein as well. They also have a moisturizing shampoo. The conditioner works well. On the fence about the moisturizing shampoo.

belleama

Man n Tail is a protien however they now have a moisturising line. Supposedly Cathy Howse used to use Mane n tail in her protien DC mixes before she started her own line.

OrangeMoon

From what I understand the Straigh Arrow conditioner is a light protein. I think that the originial shampoo is light protein as well. They also have a moisturizing shampoo. The conditioner works well. On the fence about the moisturizing shampoo.

Thank you lboogie2679 :drunk: Now I know why my hair feels the way it feels after pooing.