Making BT work better

Amour

Hola,

I was thinking of adding some more sulphur to my BT to get hopefully maximum results. I'm not sure if me adding more sulpur will mess up the optimum ratio, or do you would you think adding more would be more beneficial? So far with BT i am getting thicker roots with ok-ish growth.

Has anyone added sulphur or anything else to get better results? Or anyone tweaked the suggested usage etc and obtained better results?

Thanks In Advance Chicas

Integrity

i think excess topical sulphur can cause burning. i say leave it alone or increase you internal MSM intake to boost hair growth

Magus484

Also, if you add too much sulfur, you'll have an odor when you use it. This is why I don't use my own creation anymore. Too much sulfur was in it and I left an odor in places i had been in.

Radianthealth

I did add a little more sulfur powder to mine. It made my hair dryer and a dry patch developed on my shoulder. It is now gone but I will not be adding additional sulfur to the mix again.:ohwell:

I have added some essential oil everynow and then just to massage areas of my scalp, this seems to work well.

locoabouthair

I think adding more might me overkill. I think over time with using BT as directed you will achieve results. I'm trying to grow out my twa. I have had great results with BT . I look at other peoples hair and wished mine was that long. I keep telling myself I watched pot never boils.

Amour

thanks for the reply, don't think I will add anymore sulphur to my BT. But I am

still interesting in hearing whether anyone has tweaked their application method

some how to achive better results ??

gabulldawg

BUMP!!! I too would like the answer to this question. I coulda sworn I saw a thread in which naturallady said HERSELF that she was using it 3 times a day...

SparklingFlame

I would add some essential oils like rosemary or peppermint to give you an added boost.

I did use my BT 3x a day this past week but I was just getting a lil TOO happy! :lachen: I scaled it down to my 1x a day again. I know better and I dont know WHAT I was thinking!

pmichael52172

naturallady said:
I would add some essential oils like rosemary or peppermint to give you an added boost.

I did use my BT 3x a day this past week but I was just getting a lil TOO happy! :lachen: I scaled it down to my 1x a day again. I know better and I dont know WHAT I was thinking!

Would you add it to the scented BT as well? And if so how, right into the whole bottle or what? Lastly, how many drops or so?

gabulldawg

naturallady said:

LOL! My bad naturallady! Hope you didn't think I was puttin you on blast! You just had me thinkin... I wish I could put BT on 3 times a day! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SparklingFlame

pmichael52172 said:
Would you add it to the scented BT as well? And if so how, right into the whole bottle or what? Lastly, how many drops or so?
You can add it to either one and you can put it directly into the bottle. I would add a little peppermint oil at a time b/c too much will make your scalp tingle TOO much. I would start off with at least 20 drops. HTH!

nycutiepie

There was someone on here that posted about mixing 1/2 BT and 1/2 MTG and she said it killed the smell of the MTG. Can't remember who........

SexySin985

I added about 30 drops of peppermint E.O. to my unscented BT and I get a faint tingling sensation everytime I apply it. I love the feeling:D

imstush

I like the peppermint oil idea. I mixed mine with regular sulphur 8. I needed to make the BT into a solid form because I was using too much. So I mix it with Sulphur 8

Guyaneek

trimbride said:
I did add a little more sulfur powder to mine. It made my hair dryer and a dry patch developed on my shoulder. It is now gone but I will not be adding additional sulfur to the mix again.:ohwell:

I have added some essential oil everynow and then just to massage areas of my scalp, this seems to work well.

Good idea, I'm gonna try this!

PatTodd

I got this tip from Kinikakes' description of her MTG routine. Instead of using the applicator tip, I apply my BT with a small spray bottle that places a stream of oil directly on my scalp.

Amour

PatTodd said:
I got this tip from Kinikakes' description of her MTG routine. Instead of using the applicator tip, I apply my BT with a small spray bottle that places a stream of oil directly on my scalp.

oh snap!!!

thanks for that, that will definately help me especially as I have just put a weave and was worrying how I was going to apply. This would also seem to create consistent application aswell thanks for the tip.

But I wonder if the sulphur will block the spray applicator?

pmichael52172

naturallady said:
You can add it to either one and you can put it directly into the bottle. I would add a little peppermint oil at a time b/c too much will make your scalp tingle TOO much. I would start off with at least 20 drops. HTH!

Thanks and yes it does help. I'm going to get some after I workout and wash my hair tonight.

pmichael52172

Well, I bought the peppermint oil and put 20 drops in the bottle. I applied this morning because I rollerset/airdried my hair last night and I like the results.

While I don't have the tingly feeling others have, I'm overjoyed that it has cut back the sulfur smell tremendously. Now I can go back to dabbing it on more often. In fact I can't smell the sulfur at all, but just a hint of the fragrance that comes in the scented BT.

Now I'm completely at peace with my BT!

Thanks Naturallady for the instructions.

SparklingFlame

pmichael52172 said:
Well, I bought the peppermint oil and put 20 drops in the bottle. I applied this morning because I rollerset/airdried my hair last night and I like the results.

While I don't have the tingly feeling others have, I'm overjoyed that it has cut back the sulfur smell tremendously. Now I can go back to dabbing it on more often. In fact I can't smell the sulfur at all, but just a hint of the fragrance that comes in the scented BT.

Now I'm completely at peace with my BT!

Thanks Naturallady for the instructions.
I'm gald it worked out! :)

LadyCee

can u put jojoba or rosemary oil in it? 20 drops or less? how often shouldu reply the drops?will it cause a side effect? or just speed up the growth more? i want thick Hair!!!lol:lachen:

PatTodd

KissKiss said:
oh snap!!!

thanks for that, that will definately help me especially as I have just put a weave and was worrying how I was going to apply. This would also seem to create consistent application aswell thanks for the tip.

But I wonder if the sulphur will block the spray applicator?

Nah, I wondered about that too, but it doesn't.