BT is wonderful, but my hair lacks luster and looks dull and dry. HELP!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Naturallady and Lovelies of LHCF:

I am pleased to report that after 1 month of using Boundless Tresses, I have nearly an inch of NG. Now, mind you my hair was already underprocessed, especially in the crown area, but my sides and nape were nearly straight. After 4 weeks post-relaxer, my nape and edges--which are the finest, thinnest part of my hair--have gained about 3/4 inch and my crown has gained just shy of an inch. For some, that may not be that much, but for me that's amazing, as my hair tends to grow slowly. What's more, my hair is visibly thicker. So thick that I am having trouble using my foam donut for my buns. I can't get my hair to lay down, nor can I work with my crown area to keep my hair from puffing up. Looks like I won't be able to stretch for another 4 months. I may have to relax again in 2 or 3 months max.

That's the good news...

The bad news is that since using BT, my hair has become a little dull and lifeless-looking.

My question is: does anyone, including Naturallady, have recommendations for how I can get my hair back to looking a bit healthier?

I want to stress that Naturallady's product has changed my life for the better as far as getting my hair thicker and fuller, plus my ends don't break as much and I don't lose as many strands. But, I would like to know if others have experienced the same and have suggestions for overcoming the dull look.

As always,

SP ;)

lizjoseph

Hey Girl,

I would strongly reccommend that you a use a clarifying shampoo and then use a good deep conditoner afterwards to replace the lost moisture from the shampoo. Hopefully the clarifying will wash away any build up that is causing your hair to so look dull. Hope that helps!!

Oh..and then moisterize, moisturize, moisterize with a water based moisterizer. None of the petroleum or Mineral oil stuff. :lol:

Last edited:

baby42

i had to moisturizer a little more and it help me alot the luster and shine came right back:) and stayed:lol: i do what i have to do to keep useing my beloved bt:lachen:

MzOptimistic

I have been using BT for a week now and it made my ng hard. I could not comb through my hair. I washed, dc'd under the heating cap for 30 minutes, rinsed, and followed up with an instant conditioner. My hair is back to normal.:D I think I am going to only use BT on my temples/front edges, which was my original plan anyway.;)

ETA 5/18/07: I figured out why my hair got hard. I started using Fantasia IC Leave In around the same time that I started BT and that is what made my hair hard. I thought that since I use Fantasia IC Olive Oil serum that I could use the Leave In. (I guess NOT). I'm using my Giovanni Direct Leave In again and BT massaged in my scalp and my hair/ng is soft again. I also took Letitia's advice which is to apply BT to my scalp without parting/manipulating my hair and massaging it in. This method is working out GREAT!!!!

Last edited:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Thanks. I'm bumping for me as well...

Update: I did clarify and my hair is definitely softer. I am using Vatika oil, which is helping quite a bit with the dullness.

CurlyGirly327

I'm having to give up on BT for my hair and scalp. I found that using it makes my hair hard, brittle and dull. I think my hair just can't handle the sulfur. I think if you want to keep your hair looking shiny and moisturized, you'll have to clarify at least once a week and follow up with a high quality moisturizing deep conditioner.

ms jadu

Ladies try mixing it with Gi0vanni Vitapro fusion or Avaocado mist. This should combat the dryness and still give you growth.