Macherie's hair

Chrismiss

I didnt realize she cut her hair. Where have I been? Admittedly, I haven't really kept up with her site but I happened upon one of her vids today on youtube and noticed that her hair is much shorter than it used to be. It looks healthy and thick but not nearly as long as in the past. The vid I watched was posted 2 months ago and it discusses preppring your hair for a relaxer. Does anyone have any insight?

Chrismiss

Oh, ok. Well, it looks like she went back to getting relaxers. Her is a nice length, maybe APL in this video. Might be longer now since this was two months ago. But her is relaxed in this video. I wonder why she opted to go back to relaxing as opposed to natural?

MissMusic

She transitioned, cut off her ends and went natural, decided it wasn't for her, and relaxed again, hence the short hair. So now she is growing it out again.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Yeah she transitioned for a while and then decided she wasn't about that life :lol: Her hair is gorgeous either way. Her rollersets are BOMB.

Chrismiss

In the back of my mind, I thought I saw somewhere that she had transitioned. So, that video threw me off a bit. Thanks for the update, ya'll. Yeah, I still use her method of rollersetting, I love it.

SuchaLady

This is why I decided to not go natural. This is exactly what i would do :lol: I was considering it but when I asked myself why I was doing it I couldn't list not one reason :lol:

She transitioned, cut off her ends and went natural, decided it wasn't for her, and relaxed again, hence the short hair. So now she is growing it out again.

Channy31

She actually was how I got into the whole 'healthy hair care thing'

I lok forward to growing with her

Britt

She has some beautiful relaxed hair :drool:...it's just so thick, flowy, and pretty and her regi has always been pretty simple.

Royalq

She was one of the ladies i watched when i was relaxed and just started my healthy hair journey. I like her hair.

LivingDoll

Royalq said:
She was one of the ladies i watched when i was relaxed and just started my healthy hair journey. I like her hair.

Me too...because of her I went and bought that huge 5lb tub of Keracare Humecto. It did absolutely nothing for my hair. Those were the beginning stages of my pjism.

lolascurls

She actually was how I got into the whole 'healthy hair care thing'

I lok forward to growing with her

I second that! She was the initial youtuber that got me started on a hair journey. When healthy textures changed, I moved on. I even got the rollersetting DVD! :lol:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
lolascurls said:
I second that! She was the initial youtuber that got me started on a hair journey. When healthy textures changed, I moved on. I even got the rollersetting DVD! :lol:

I just came across my copy of the rollersetting DVD the other day. Lol

winona

lolascurls and uofmpanther Is the DVD worth it? Im thinking about it now that I set regularly...the woman's sets are everything.

I know you didn't ask me but I thought it was. I use to rollerset my relaxed hair with mediocre results so I thought trying to set my kinky 4b/4a would be futile lmbo. Anywho I get amazing results in my opinion especially considering I am a novice still just by implementing some of her and Napp tips:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1108592519.jpg
    image-1108592519.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 197

gn1g

I know you didn't ask me but I thought it was. I use to rollerset my relaxed hair with mediocre results so I thought trying to set my kinky 4b/4a would be futile lmbo. Anywho I get amazing results in my opinion especially considering I am a novice still just by implementing some of her and @Napp tips:)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

winona please tell us your roller setting regiment?

MonaRae

Her skin is flawless! Thinking about joining for 1 month (again) just for the Radiant Skin program!

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
lolascurls and uofmpanther Is the DVD worth it? Im thinking about it now that I set regularly...the woman's sets are everything.

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I already had my rollersetting technique mainly down when I bought it; so, there was not a lot of new info for me. I bought it mainly to support her and to refine my technique. However, I still think it is worth it, particularly if you are newer to rollersetting or struggling with it. I don't regret buying it.

winona

winona please tell us your roller setting regiment?

Hi

Sorry I don't see mentions on my phone :(. As soon as I get to my laptop I can tell you what I did for the set above:)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ETA
Prepoo:
The night before I saturated hair with Monio De Tahiti oil as I finger detangled and pineappled my hair in preparation for washing in the morning.

Wash:
The morning of I washed my hair(diluted poo)

Moisture Deep Condition:
Then applied ASIAN Hydration Elation (trying to use this up) followed by Joico Moisture Recovery (trying to use this up) sat under the dryer for 30 min.

Detangle:
Used my Magic Star Rake in shower to detangle further

Set:
Applied Dudley PCA as LI comb through with Lady Star.

Applied ceramide pomade to hair then rollerset on pink and blue hard mesh rollers

(I used about quarter size PCA on 6 sections (2 for mohawk, 2 each side)) sit under PIBBS for 1hr at 50.

HTH

Winona

Last edited:

sunnieb

I bought her rollersetting vid to support her, but I still haven't done a full set. :look:

However, I would highly recommend the video to anyone new to rollersetting. Her tips are things I never would have thought of and it helps that she's talking throughout so you can see exactly what she's doing.

The video also shows how she does the syran (sp?) wrap from what I remember.

I might join her site for a few months to give her some revenue. She's helped so many black women with their hair that I would love to support her for a bit. :yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

halee_J, I'm unsure if she produced a newer DVD but the one I have is some years old. It's very helpful if you're a newbie starting out without knowledge. A friend let me borrow the DVD before I started my HHJ and I found it extremely useful. Since starting my HHJ, I have found better techniques for my hair on forums and youtube videos. Online allows you research multiple techniques whereas the DVD offers limited technique. Even having said all of that, I still say the DVD is worth it.