Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

FollicleFanatic

Hair has been in flat twists since Friday. Today sprayed scalp and hair with Carefree Curl, applied Mega Tek(both products in trying to use up) to scalp and hair. Made sure I saturated the end with those 2, sealed with grapeseed oil. Will do this until I redo my twists on the 23rd.

MzOptimistic

Checking In---so far so good. I've been doing the LCO Method and bagging overnight on the entire length of my ponytail using a flexirod. I then put my hair into a bun. My ends stays moisturized all day...

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I moisturized with silk touch cream and did a full head baggy for an hour. My hair feels nice and soft now.

faithVA

Just finished washing and sealed my hair with NO balm and NYC type 4 hair cream. Added a little extra to my ends. I twisted my hair and tucked my ends under at my crown.

claud-uk

Mixed the last of my ORS Curls Unleashed DC (I REALLY like this DC but 8oz only lasts 2x use and it's £8 /$12, I'm a cheapie lol) together with 99p shop Argan oil conditioner, some regular honey and EVOO. Put a plastic bag on and sat in the sun for 30 mins before rinsing out, then followed up with an EVOO oil rinse.

M&S on wet hair with Elasta QP Mango Butter mixed with African Pride LI, and a mix of almond and sunflower oils.

This plus regular M&S should hold me over till I get home in the next few days.

toaster

I'm finally back home and will be focusing on giving my hair some TLC over the next month. After straightening and being away from home I think I need to focus to make sure my hair is on the right track for the new year. Will do a protein prepoo focusing on my ends, shampoo, moisture dc, and my usual twist out routine this evening.

Ebonybunny

I have postponed my senegalese twists till sunday, and am still in my creta girl half wig. Yesterday I did a purgasm cherry truffle treatment , detangled w a denman (which I try not to do too more than 1x per month) and , moisturized w kckt & celie twists for the half wig.

Babygrowth

I think it's time for a protein treatment. I've been using Megatek on my scalp and my Lee Stafford growth treatment but I think my ends need more. They feel a little rougher than I like. Still trying not to trim until May.

Evolving78

I think it's time for a protein treatment. I've been using Megatek on my scalp and my Lee Stafford growth treatment but I think my ends need more. They feel a little rougher than I like. Still trying not to trim until May.
I got a bunch of protein conditioners around here, but they all seem medium to strong protein for me. I am going to get some aphogee 2 min. I am going to use that next wash. I won't be using it in my crown area though. That area needs moisture. It is technically relaxed, but tremendously under processed.

Joigirl

Retwisted my hair with Donna Marie Buttercreme paying close attention to the ends. Doing TOs rather than back-to-back wash n gos seem to be working well for me.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Silk touch cream wasn't giving my hair enough moisture so I moisturized with Hello Hydration + aloe vera juice and argan oil. Then I baggied for about 20 minutes.

I try not to use the HH/aloe too much because it reverts my blowout, but at this point I don't care. I just want happy hair.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Silk touch cream wasn't giving my hair enough moisture so I moisturized with Hello Hydration + aloe vera juice and argan oil. Then I baggied for about 20 minutes.

I try not to use the HH/aloe too much because it reverts my blowout, but at this point I don't care. I just want happy hair.

Prettymetty

Have you considered, Mizani H2O Intense or Bee Mine Luscious to moisturize your blow outs?

toaster

I've started using a little more product to moisturize and seal at night. Finding the balance between protected ends and weighed down hair in the morning.

LivingInPeace

Sitting under the dryer after rollersetting. I moisturized with Darcy's leave-in and sweet cocoa bean moisturizing hair whatever it is. I sealed with grapeseed oil. My hair feels better since I trimmed some split ends last week. Or it could just be psychological. I'm still finger detangling instead of combing. I hope that helps with something.

claud-uk

Checking in... I've been very good at M&S these last few days. Ends are holding up fairly well, could do with a tiny 0.5cm trim though - I added a good dollop of EVOO tonight as my ends feel a little dry. I forgot this weekend was a good time to trim, mind you I'm still away from home and don't have any scissors with me. Need to invest in a decent pair, still need to get some type of protein for my ends and I think I also need sth richer for moisturizing, maybe add a butter and glycerin to my usual mix of Elasta QP Mango/African Pride LI and/or buy a higher end product.

Adiatasha

image-1842502003.jpg

This is a pic from November 21. I'm in a sew in now, and this sew in is coming out on Feb 21
I'm going to cut and inch off to start.

I'm natural. In this pic my hair is blowdried. I have TONS of SSK's. I'm going to try the MHM method or just continue to blowdry. I just can't figure out how to stop them.

Babygrowth

So I noticed when I'm washing my hair my ends feel really soft and smooth but I'm not sure how to keep it that way because even though I am heavy sealing it still feels really rough so what do you guys think I'm doing wrong???

Pennefeather

So I noticed when I'm washing my hair my ends feel really soft and smooth but I'm not sure how to keep it that way because even though I am heavy sealing it still feels really rough so what do you guys think I'm doing wrong???

Babygrowth,

What a good question. I wish that I knew the answer! Could trimming help?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just did LCO. I used aloe vera juice, silk touch cream and argan oil. Now I am under a baggy for 30 minutes. If my hair doesn't improve soon I'm jyst gonna have to wash it and rock celies until my next blowout

Evolving78

M&s today. Heavy sealed the ends of my braids. Trying to decide what day I'm going to wash my hair. I'm not taking my hair down until I'm ready.

Evolving78

do you air dry? I stopped doing that. My ends were always rough and dry. I always had to apply a bunch of product to keep them smooth. Now I sit under the dryer and/or blow dry on cool.

Evolving78

This is a pic from November 21. I'm in a sew in now, and this sew in is coming out on Feb 21 I'm going to cut and inch off to start. I'm natural. In this pic my hair is blowdried. I have TONS of SSK's. I'm going to try the MHM method or just continue to blowdry. I just can't figure out how to stop them.
you would have to keep your hair stretched to reduce them.

Dee Raven

My hair has been feeling extra dry sense I used the Ouidad curl recovery a couple of weeks ago. So I'm going to wait a couple of months before I try that again. And I didn't notice any curl recovery to be honest. My loose wavy ends are still loose. C'est la vie. One thing I did notice however, is that my hair is eating up the dc conditioner. I used to be able to sit under the dryer with a low setting for an hour, and my hair would still come out primarily wet. Last week I did it and my hair was dry. This week I stayed under for 40 mins and my roots were dry, so I'm going to try 20 mins next week.

One plus from this week, is that I tried finger detangling before detangling with a comb and it was so much nicer for my hair. The other thing is that I didn't completely wash out my conditioner before I styled, and styling was a lot faster, easier and better. I used to do that before, but then forgot about it.

Dee Raven

I noticed I was getting a lot of ssks due to washngos, but I'm just really loving them right now, so I'm going to try refreshing them every few days instead of once a week to see if that prevents so many knots.

I know with the MHM, people have said doing it daily prevents knots. So I'm going to test it for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes.