Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just moisturized my ends with silk touch cream. I got my Hairagami in the mail today so I can do some cute buns for work. When I am home during the week I just wear my hair down.

My last trim was in December so I should be good until March.

MzOptimistic

I had wash day yesterday and used heat. Am I crazy for wanting to have wash day again tomorrow so I can dc and everything else minus the heat step. Heat makes me so nervous. I was doing good until holiday party season.

PlainJane,

I know I'm late but I don't see anything wrong with wanting to wash again. Imo as long as you're not rubbing your hair rough and you're not using shampoo if you already used shampoo a couple days ago. I have washed and put my hair in steam rollers before and then later that night I washed so my bun can be done on fresh hair:drunk: nothing wrong with that...lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just moisturized in sections so that all my layered ends could get coverage. Now my hair is tied up. It's nap time:sleeping:

LivingInPeace

Since I did a roller set and my hair was straighter I saw so many split ends!!!!!!! So I just finished a search and destroy mission. I know I missed some. Maybe I should do this every month?

ajargon02

Since I did a roller set and my hair was straighter I saw so many split ends!!!!!!! So I just finished a search and destroy mission. I know I missed some. Maybe I should do this every month?

Girl keep up on those trims especially if you are on a growth challenge. I had a major setback and had to cut from bsl to sl bc of all my splits. ....it sux!

Girl keep up on those trims especially if you are on a growth challenge. I had a major setback and had to cut from bsl to sl bc of all my splits. ....it sux!

I feel you. I had to do almost the same thing. I cut it in December. Was thinking of doing a dusting in March and a trim in June to maintain. But I will see how it goes.

faithVA

I used a comb a few weeks ago and have gone back to finger detangling. I think I'm still getting splits or ssks but not as much as last year this time. So hopefully what I'm doing is working. And I'm still snipping splits as I come across them so they don't take more hair with them.

I'm wondering if I need some type of porosity control on my ends. I'm not sure.

So I washed and flat twisted last night and I added an extra layer on MHC Type 4 hair cream on my ends.

I baggy and put on my beanie on the way to work. This seems to have helped keep my ends from drying out.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I might just leave my hair wrapped all day. It's too cold and wet to wear it out anyway :sad: Rain rain go awa!!

Ebonybunny

Here are my starter pics, I will be installing senegalese twists for 8 weeks starting tomorrow :

:perplexed

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I had a little breakage when I wrapped my hair so I sprayed some Chi Keratin Mist and put it in a bun. I put castor oil on my edges. Hopefully the castor oil helps thicken them a bit

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I'm still heavy sealing. LCOP'd with Oyin Hair Dew, Whipped Pudding, GSO and BSP. Also, I've been keeping my hair up with my ends tucked away. My hair has only been down two days out of the past two weeks.

I've been living in either flat twists or braids under a satin lined hat. It's :freezing: here!

Dee Raven

I washed/DC'd and styled today. My ends felt really dry. Now they seem ok. Not sure why, but I did kind of neglect my hair this week. I think my hair might have been liking the moisture from the weekly refreshed wash n go.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Checking in - Ends are doing ok. Clipped some SSK's last night, and blowdried, moisturized and sealed after. Did not see too much breakage or lil curlies on my shirt so thats a good sign. Going to heavy seal ends tonight. I am also going to attempted to make my own satin covered bun maker.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I shouldn't have sealed with oil since my leave in already contains oils. Now my hair feels too oily. I will dry poo with Suave Kerafusion today.

faithVA

I'm washing every 3 days and finger detangling. My hair can definitely use the extra moisture. I did loc with NG leave-in, Natural Oasis balm and MHC type 4 hair cream. I add a little extra hair cream to the ends.

My hair is in flat twist and my ends are tucked in, into a little bunny tail on top of my head.

Still baggying under my hat when I go out doors.

And I clipped more splits on wash day. There are less and less :yay: My year of S&D is finally paying off.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Speaking of S&D, I think I will do one on the 18th or 19th. These are the best lengthening days this month. Anthony Morocco finally updated his site

claud-uk

I've been abroad for 5 days and although I brought the necessary goodies I haven't really been taking care of my hair (only M&S 2x so far), and the split ends are beginning to creep up on me again.

I will be flying home at the weekend so will do a full wash (with protein tx) and a mini trim on 18th/19th (thanks Prettymetty). Will update again then.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why my ends are so prone to splitting? I just did a S&D couple of weeks ago with new scissors and got rid of pretty much all of them. Even when I M&S'd 2x daily I still had them very frequently. Think I will buy/create some kind of protein-rich cream for the ends and try really hard to apply every other day, plus heavy sealing every day, but so much depends on my work schedule and money is tiiiight right now!

Last edited:

faithVA

[USER=62383 said:
claud-uk[/USER];20997299]I've been abroad for 5 days and although I brought the necessary goodies I haven't really been taking care of my hair (only M&S 2x so far), and the split ends are beginning to creep up on me again.

I will be flying home at the weekend so will do a full wash (with protein tx) and a mini trim on 18th/19th (thanks Prettymetty). Will update again then.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why my ends are so prone to splitting? I just did a S&D couple of weeks ago with new scissors and got rid of pretty much all of them. Even when I M&S'd 2x daily I still had them very frequently. Think I will buy/create some kind of protein-rich cream for the ends and try really hard to apply every other day, plus heavy sealing every day, but so much depends on my work schedule and money is tiiiight right now!

How often are you washing your hair? And how often are you doing protein?

claud-uk

Hi faithVA,

Since Christmas week I've been cowashing 1x per week, with a protein pre-poo for a minimum of one hour under a plastic cap before that wash. I must admit my splits are probably only 50% as bad as they were before implementing this new regi, however that still means I take the scissors to my hair every two weeks instead of every week like before. I now also ph balance at every step from wash to leave-in.

I'm beginning to get quite desperate and would actually resort to relaxing if I knew that this would eliminate the problem, but obviously that would be a last resort and i'd rather practice prevention than cure. Something that I'm doing since the start of 2012 is disagreeing with my hair, I just don't have a clue what.

LivingInPeace

I should wash my hair today but I'm not in the mood. Instead I just moisturized and sealed and did some big twists. I'll wear it up tomorrow.

greenandchic

I washed my hair last night with Joico K-Pak Shampoo (protein) an amino acid rinse for a hit of medium protein and DCed with Kenra Smoothing Deep Conditioner. I set my hair with grape seed oil and sealed my ends with my avocado butter/shea butter mix.

My hair feels stronger without feeling over protein-ed.