L'Oreal Elvive Repairing Review~

Coffee

@Nice & Wavy, @lamaria211,

How I wish this product line was available here in the States. I would definitely order this again....from the UK.

The overnight serum made my hair feel awesome before co-washing with the conditioner. The main ingredient is Royal Jelly. After co-washing, my hair was soft, moisturized and very easy to comb; almost like I didn't need a DC. The conditioner has Ceramide-Cement Technology.

The Masque is the 10!! It also has Royal Jelly. It smells so wonderful. I sat under the steamer for 40 minutes, then let my hair cool for 15 minutes. When I rinsed my hair, my new growth (which I have a lot of) was just curly, soft, felt just fantastic. The comb went thur my hair so easily.

These products are all a 10!!

Last edited:

Coffee

Angel of the North, sorry the picture is so large, still learning.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

@Nice & Wavy, @lamaria211,

How I wish this product line was available here in the States. I would definitely order this again....from the UK.

The overnight serum made my hair feel awesome before co-washing with the conditioner. The main ingredient is Royal Jelly. After co-washing, my hair was soft, moisturized and very easy to comb; almost like I didn't need a DC. The conditioner has Ceramide-Cement Technology.

The Masque is the 10!! It also has Royal Jelly. It smells so wonderful. I sat under the steamer for 40 minutes, then let my hair cool for 15 minutes. When I rinsed my hair, my new growth (which I have a lot of) was just curly, soft, felt just fantastic. The comb went thur my hair so easily.

These products are all a 10!!
Coffee Thanks so much for the review...That's great news! I'm wondering if the product line that you used is the same as the one they have now...hopefully :pray:

Thanks for posting pics of the products!

Angel of the North

Coffee Thank you, I'm in the UK so this would be very easy for me to get my hands on. There are many of these products on sale at amazon UK and ebay UK if you're looking for some, I don't know how much they are charging for shipping though.

The conditioner has a lot of good reviews I'm just a little concerned about the the Amodimethicone in it, if I remember correctly, that's not water soluble

Coffee

@Angel of the North,

While the Amodimethicone isn't water soluble, it does have some good qualities, including:

Providing good conditioning
Provide targeted conditioning to areas of particularly damaged hair
Protect from thermal damage
Increase color retention
Resist build up
Impart gloss and shine

If you clarify monthly, Amodimethicone wouldn't cause too big of a problem.

Last edited:

Angel of the North

Coffee I'm feeling like it could be a bit of a double edged sword because I know there are benefits of Amodimethicone, but I'm wondering if it might leave my hair feeling a little coated or prevent my moisturisers from penetrating properly. I don't use sulfate shampoos and I co wash most of the time, I only use shampoo 1-2 times per month.

Coffee

@Coffee I'm feeling like it could be a bit of a double edged sword because I know there are benefits of Amodimethicone, but I'm wondering if it might leave my hair feeling a little coated or prevent my moisturisers from penetrating properly. I don't use sulfate shampoos and I co wash most of the time, I only use shampoo 1-2 times per month.

Are you looking at these products to be a staple? I only co-wash, but I still clarify 1 x per month. Clarifying removes all of the condish, serums, oils, leave ins and other stuff I put in/on my hair during the month. I don't plan on using these products every time I co-wash, I rotate products, so I wouldn't be using this except every couple of months.
But, I hear what you are saying, don't think I'm trying to get you to change your mind, just giving you an option if you decide to use them :lachen:.

Angel of the North

I hear what you are saying, don't think I'm trying to get you to change your mind, just giving you an option if you decide to use them :lachen:.

:lachen:

Coffee I'm still in the process of trying to lock down my staples :perplexed, I clarify once a month, I'm thinking that would not be enough if I were using non-soluble cones. I should probably stick with what I'm using now, cone free, cheap and easy to get on the ground.