Looking for MSM in the store...

MizaniMami

Hey girls! :)

Last night I went to my weekly walmart trip and I saw some MSM. But it didn't say "sulfur" on the bottle. It said MSM and then some long M (methylsulfonylmethane SP?) word. I wanted to buy it (I think it was 1500 mcgs),but I didn't want to waste my money just in case I wasn't sure. In the case MSM sulfur we are talking about, does it always say sulfur on the bottle?

Also, it had a little paragraph about bone growth and stuff like that which I read about when I goodled MSM sulfur. So I think it was the right one. Should I start out taking 1500 mcg, more, or less?

Isis

MSM is known to help with joint cartilage. All the good info about hair, skin, nails, healing won't be on MSM labels.

BTW, Vitamin World has their "buy one get one free" sale Monday and Tuesday, March 6 & 7. I am using their brand of MSM powder (since March 1) and I started noticing results the first day.:)

ekomba

MizaniMami said:
Hey girls! :)

Last night I went to my weekly walmart trip and I saw some MSM. But it didn't say "sulfur" on the bottle. It said MSM and then some long M (methylsulfonylmethane SP?) word. I wanted to buy it (I think it was 1500 mcgs),but I didn't want to waste my money just in case I wasn't sure. In the case MSM sulfur we are talking about, does it always say sulfur on the bottle?

Also, it had a little paragraph about bone growth and stuff like that which I read about when I goodled MSM sulfur. So I think it was the right one. Should I start out taking 1500 mcg, more, or less?

No usually it never says sulfur cause msm contains sulfur and the whole name is methysulfonyl.... its used for joints and stuff. when i bought the trimedica one and the puritan pride one it said msm but the new one that i bought not only say MSM SULFUR but list how much msm i get and how much sulfur for instance one teaspoonful equals 3 grams of msm and 1002mg of sulfur so maybe all the brands are the same but dont give the count to how much sulfur is in their msm