Look At That Hair!!!

secretdiamond

I was browsing BHM for some hair info and stumbled across this lovely person's post. I saw her avatar and my mouth dropped. :eek:

Then went to her fotki and I fell in love! :love: Her hair is HEALTHY, thick, waistlength and just beautiful!! :yep:

Here is her avatar pic:

I just pray that God can bless me with such gorgeous hair one day for all the hard work I put into it. :)

I asked her if it was okay for me to post her link here and she gave me the okay so here it is:

Check it out!!! http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/

Eiano

Looks unreal!!!
I bet a lot of people think it's a weave. GORGEOUS!!!
Does she have a yahoo group? She reminds me of someone with a yahoo group.

What's her regime? I want to post a comment to ask but I can't! :(

Last edited:

secretdiamond

BeautifulWideEyes said:
That is Gorgeousssssssssssssssss. Healthy and thick from root to tip, woooweee. :D
Yep!! That's exactly what I want. I asked for her regimen and she believes in trimming the hair to keep it healthy, which is definitely my philosophy. :yep: However, she trims a lot more than I would. I think it's for maintenance at this point. Either way, IT'S SLAMMIN'!!!!

Lucia

secretdiamond said:
I just pray that God can bless me with such gorgeous hair one day for all the hard work I put into it.

Oh you'll definately reap your rewards don't give up
Wow :love: her hair, she's got thick beautiful hair, and she's relaxed too-myth busting hair.
All these great healthy hair pics lately, I may never cut my hair.

Last edited:

Lucia

secretdiamond said:
Yep!! That's exactly what I want. I asked for her regimen and she believes in trimming the hair to keep it healthy, which is definitely my philosophy. :yep: However, she trims a lot more than I would. I think it's for maintenance at this point. Either way, IT'S SLAMMIN'!!!!

So she's not planning on growing it out to tailbone or classic, I know she sure could :lol: How much does she trimm off to maintain that thickness @ WSL?

DMarie

WOW!! I wonder what relaxer she uses and how frequently?? If anyone finds out please post it here.

DMarie

africa

Wow...I'm admiring its' length & thickness. I think this is the first time I've seen hair that long that looked that thick and healthy at the ends too

... aside from Isis

Synthia

Her hair is so purdee, I could cry! Awesome.

Yes, I want to know her regimen too.

ETA: Hmm, she goes at least 15 days w/o washing :look: but I don't think my hair would like that ...

Mahalialee4

Her daughter's hair is also unbelievable. Just like her mom's. If I remember correctly, she DOES NOT RELAX. But check her site, she has it all laid out re: regime, products and history of her hair. bonjour

SohoHair

In one of her pics it says she has been relaxing for 15 years... i want to know everything to does down to the smallest deatail her hair is GORGEOUS!:yep:

secretdiamond

Ok I'm gonna paste a copy of her detailed regimen she was kind enough to send me for everyone who has questions. Oh and she does relax--- with Soft & Beautiful, which is no-lye.

Some things I've also noted are that she also uses heat (I'm assuming the steam iron is comparable to the Maxiglide?? correct me if I'm wrong) and has grown her hair without growth aides. She also seems to have had long hair most of her life. HTH

Hello, and thanks so much for your compliments. Smile
I have 4a type hair with some 3c spots. I use soft and beautiful relaxer, i have used it for years. I'll paste my regime for you, and i hope that it helps.

I believe that it is important to leave the hair alone. Less manipulation is a good thing.

Before i shampoo, i do a preshampoo treatment. I use a cheap conditioner like Lustrasilk cholesterol, or Suave Moisture Milks Strawberries and cream. I saturate my hair in it, gently detangle with a shower comb, then i braid it in 4 big braids with baby barrettes on the ends to keep the braids from unraveling. The braids keep my hair from tangling, so i don't get a lot of hair loss anymore. I learned that here at this club :)

I am not a frequent hair washer. I have used motions moisturizing shampoo for probably five years. I wash my hair every 14 to 21 days. I try to keep my scalp as keep as possible so I don't apply oils close to it. In between washing, if my scalp is itching i use Head and shoulders soothing lotion.

I condition with Soft and Beautiful HMC conditioner, Dark and lovely intensive protein conditioner, or silk elements cholesterol. I always use moisturizing conditioner, but i mix a little protein conditioner into it. Don't be afraid to mix conditioners. I also use natural oil in my conditioner. Safflower,sunflower, olive, canola, vegetable oil works well. Use what ever is in the kitchen. You can make the oils fragrant by using lavender or peppermint oil. Oil is important because its slippery so it detangle the hair. It also holds moisture in, and it makes the hair shine. A teaspoon of oil rub on the hair should do the trick while you condition. I put on a plastic cap, sit under a bonnet hair dryer for about 15 minutes, then i wash the conditioner out.

When my hair is wet I use Motions leave in conditioner, Hask Straight solution Heat Protectant,Lustrasilk Cholesterol Styling Mouse,and oil. I think oil is most important!!!! I use a comb called Mebco Tortoise ShowerDetangler.
http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1810/183952

I air dry my hair over night in 4 big braids. I never use blowdryers, unless its a emergency. I flat iron in the moring with a Conair cermaic steam flat iron. Ive used a steam iron for years beacuse regular steam irons dry my hair out. This iron doesn't get that hot. I flat iron with a mixture of stuff. I mix Fantasia Frizz Buster straighting gel with some oil and lustrasilk styling mouse in a cup. I apply a touch of oil to each section before i flat iron.

As i flat iron, i clip my ends (i trim my ends every-time i wash and condition). I take small pencil size sections and clip stray broken hairs. The flat ironing clipping process takes 4 to 6 hours to do.

At night, I put some leave in conditioner and then a little oil on my ends. I gather my hair into a ponytail and i roll the ends with a big roller. Then i wrap the ponytail around my head and tie it up with a scarf. Then i put a bonnet on. This is how i keep it straight and the ends curly for weeks. I don't use a specific moisturizer. I have been using leave in conditioner and oil for years. If you don't like to mix oils, you can buy wild grow oil or wonder 8 oil because they work pretty well also.

I relax with soft and beautiful(i have used this for probally 8 years). I coat the hair with a lot of grease, Vaseline, before i relax it. It keeps the hair from getting to straight (bone straight hair breaks quickly). I put the grease on everything but the new growth. I relax every 3 monthes. Sometimes i can go 4 or 5 monthes.

I don't believe in hair growth gimmics. I take a muti vitamin, eat a adequate amount of protein, and i drink about 4 cups of water a day.

All i can tell you is to stop combing the hair. Just finger comb it, oil it,and wrap it up at night. Your hair will gain length because the ends wont break off.

Checkout out my folki album because i have pictures of most of the hair products in there. http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/

Last edited:

Lucia

Thanks for posting her regime, it's pretty simple and she doesn't use blowdryers just steam ceramic flat iron every 2-3 weeks, maxiglide is pretty much the same thing I think.

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
that is a magnificent head of hair ok .if i had this much hair i think i would trim often too she takes 4-6hrs to flatiron and trim