Longhairdontcare2011 has died

SweetlyCurly

This is so sad. She was such a beautiful girl and her videos helped me a lot while transitioning. May she rest in peace.

Dabaddest

Wow, ive watched her on youtube several times. Didn't know she had lupus. Rest in peace. prayers to her and the family

andromeda

im in shock . hadn't watched her videos recently but had been a long-time viewer. I remember being so impressed by her hair journey video and her overall growth as a young woman over the years (and finding her video with her sis so endearing)

I didn't know she had lupus. Truly a reminder not to take life for granted :nono:

Gr8ness83

My condolences. I will keep her family in my prayers. She was an inspiration, I was just watching one off her videos the other day.

delitefulmane

I am so shocked! I couldnt figure out why her pics were all over instagram until I finally read the captions under the pictures. :cry: This is so saddening to hear! She was such an inspiration that black hair can grow. My prayers go out to her family.

Fine 4s

Too sad for words. I cannot believe.
I should have followed my gut and schedule a meeting with her when I was out in CA last year. I just wanted to meet her, not even to talk about hair. She seemed like a good person.

Fenaxa

Gosh I feel sick reading all of this. I loved her videos and would occasionally peep them for long hair inspiration. She also was my septum piercing inspiration :) Not to mention, I always thought her periodic table of elements shower curtain was soooo cool lol.
Well, her beautiful spirit will live on, may it be well.

naijamerican

I am truly shocked. I loved her videos. She was so beautiful and seemed to have a good spirit about her. May she rest in peace. :sad:

gorgeoushair

So sad to hear this. I'm subscribed to her on youtube and I remember her from here. I hope GOD is with her family through their time of need. May she rest in peace.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I can't believe it. I knew she would get sick at times but I didn't realize she was fighting for her life. She was so very young and she had a huge impact on my hair journey. My prayers go out to her family during this time. She will be missed.

ChocolatePie777

I just logged on to yt.....and saw this.....my goodness.....I cannot process this right now

She and sera were THE reasons why I went natural.......

I cannot......

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
I'm was taken aback when I saw it on FB. I love looking at her length check vids, sigh. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

BlackMasterPiece

My best friend texted this news to me and I am absolutely stunned. This is sooooo sad, she was probably my biggest hair idol of all time and she seemed so down to earth and sweet. I was actually supposed to attend one of her meetups and have dinner with her she sent me an email but I didn't go thinking I'd link up with her another time.

Wow, life is precious and tomorrow is not promised. I can't believe this, she was sooooo young and had such a bright future. This is awful.

ellebelle88

I don't recall ever watching any of her videos but I do recall seeing her Youtube name plenty since she was so popular. May her soul rest peacefully. What was her name on here?

Mz.MoMo5235

Omg my heart just dropped. How sad. My prayers go out to her loved ones. I have no words, this is truly sad to me. I chatted with her fairly regularly through out my hair journey and she was an inspiration to many.

exubah

Wow..............I loved her YT videos! So sad to pass on so soon but I personally know the battle of SLE and so I also know she is in a better place where her physical pain is eternally gone. May she rest in peace.

Ms Lala

My heart is really heavy over this. She was one of my inspirations. She seemed so sweet in her videos. I'm praying for her family and friends. You just never know what someone is really going through.

Holla

I'm shocked. I can't even sleep after reading about her passing. She inspired me to keep going on my natural hair journey when I would have thrown in the towel long before now. I learned that I could grow my hair long naturally with heat by using cheap products and without hardly any trims. I am so sad.