Longhairdontcare2011 has died

Tamrin

unapologetic
OMG this is so sad. May she RIP. This is uch sad new. Someone so young and beautiful. She has been an inspiration for so many ladies all over the web.

MizAvalon

OMG!!! I am in SHOCK!!! I remember when she was a member here and I loved watching her videos.

I appreciate you posting this OP because I probably wouldn't have heard about this otherwise.

Last edited:

Adiatasha

She used to be active on IG.

But she had starting talking about lupus and how she was dealing with it :(

Very sad

LaughingOctopus

Oh my goodness. She was one of the first black natural hair ytbers that I've ever seen with HL hair. I remember her videos well. I didn't know her battle with Lupus.

May she rest in peace.

FlawedBeauty

This is so sad. I was just thinking about her the other day wondering when she would be posting more vids. I followed her on both IG and Youtube. May she rest in peace. She seemed like a truly lovely person. :((

EagleEyes85

Omg I'm in utter shock. I was just watching a lot of her videos yesterday! I'm at a loss for words but may she rest in peace. My heart and prayers go out to her family.

PureSilver

I cannot believe this.......I'M SO SPEECHLESS!!!! My Heart is HEAVY. I just pray tjat her family be strengthened and comforted.

The good die young!

Super_Hero_Girl

I'm shocked and I don't want to believe it.

I loved watching her YouTube videos. She seemed so sweet and motivated. I remember her talking about dental school in one of her videos. And of course she and her hair we just beautiful.

May she rest in piece and condolences to her family.

Sent from my iPhone 9s

baddison

natural for good
she was one of my hair idols, too. didn't know she battled with lupus - you never knew it from her upbeat vids. Condolences to the family.:cry:

yodie

Please forgive my ignorance, but is this the longhairdontcare lady or another lady that used a similar name?

overtherainbow

She was one of my main inspirations for going natural. She mentioned briefly in a video ages ago that she was loosing a lot of hair from stress, but I never knew she was battling lupus. This is so sad, I send my condolences.

Anonymous1

sliding under the radar
Please forgive my ignorance, but is this the longhairdontcare lady or another lady that used a similar name?

There is another longhairdontcare as well. I subscribe to both. lhdc2011 is the more popular one with the longer hair.

luckiestdestiny

Shocking. I was the first to discover her and bring her to lhcf. She gave me a shout out in one of her first videos. I also pmd her some. Though we only pmed maybe six times or so, I really thought of her as an e acquaintance and always wished her well. She was generous w her advice too. This is sad and I am shocked. Equally sad because my mom has lupus so I know how much ppl with lupus suffer at times. It is an illness, especially systemic lupus, where you have to take it slow and reroute your life. Sadly a lot don't or can't and remain over worked and depleted which can lead to serious complications and even death. Ppl with lupus (systemic) are susceptible to death even with a slower lifestyle and it appears lhdc2011 was always on the go unfortunately. This is truly sad and she seemed like a wonderful person.

sharentu

so very sorry to hear this. my condolences to her family. i loved viewing her youtube videos. so young.

Nayna

Unbothered
I actually shed a tear. She was uber sweet. I messaged her before as well. She was always really cool. May she sleep in peace.

BostonMaria

Just read about her passing on Facebook. I can't believe it :-(
This is incredibly sad.

Last edited:

Muse

NO!!!! My heart just skipped a beat when I read this.:cry: I have been watching her videos for years and I just watched some last week wondering when she was going to make a part 2 to her hair care tips video. I am so sad right now. I was diagnosed with systemic lupus 7 years ago and my life has been an uphill battle ever since so this really touches me. May she rest in peace.

Shocking. I was the first to discover her and bring her to lhcf. She gave me a shout out in one of her first videos. I also pmd her some. Though we only pmed maybe six times or so, I really thought of her as an e acquaintance and always wished her well. She was generous w her advice too. This is sad and I am shocked. Equally sad because my mom has lupus so I know how much ppl with lupus suffer at times. It is an illness, especially systemic lupus, where you have to take it slow and reroute your life. Sadly a lot don't or can't and remain over worked and depleted which can lead to serious complications and even death. Ppl with lupus (systemic) are susceptible to death even with a slower lifestyle and it appears lhdc2011 was always on the go unfortunately. This is truly sad and she seemed like a wonderful person.

This is very true.

curlycrocheter

She was my hair idol. The whole reason I was able to reach WL the first time was because I decided, like LHDC, straight hair worked better for me & I wasn't going to feel guilty about it.

I would watch her videos nonstop. She was hands down my favorite YTer. I remember her posting on IG that she was dealing with lupus. I cried when I heard the news. My aunt's best friend's daughter passed away from lupus about 10 years ago at the age of 23. It was a terrible, long, drawn out, painful battle. I know she is in a much better place.

May she rest in peace.......