Long Hair "Stiff Necktedness"

SHEANITPRO

How come on the infrequent occasions that I let my 13 year old (4B MBL) daughter wear her hair out, She walks like her neck is stiff, like her hair is so "fragile" that she has to keep her neck "immobilized", to protect it?

I planned on bringing her to a holiday work function...having her wear a beautiful satin blouse, with some nice slacks and of couse, with her mane in full "swang".

I think that she is so used to wearing the protective styles, that she has developed some kind of a "tick" .... "The Stiff Necktedness" tick.

My only hope is that my co-workers won't refer to her as "Stiff Tiff".

Anyone else ever observe this?

Noir

I go through this sometimes.

If I wear my up for months at at time I get really uncomfortable wearing it down and I find that I hold my head really stiff... so much so that my shoulders and neck ache :blush:

shmmr

:lachen:I used to have the 'tick' when I was younger! Its just from not being used to it....stiff tiff :rofl:

diamoness

I did this too when I wore my hair straight 2 times this year. I get all kinds of neck soreness and headaches. It's like, I don't want to move my head too much cuz I can feel and "almost" hear the length snatching from my clothes. It really affects my driving, I don't want to sit back on it or turn my head to change lanes.:nono: Needless to say, putting it back into protective style gives me great relief. :look: