Linange Relaxer Weirdness: Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

la mosca

I just had to throw two just-opened 15 oz. containers of Linange lye relaxer in the trash. I was all prepared to do a touch-up tonight, but when I opened the first jar of relaxer, I immediately noticed that it didn't look right. I was a light tan shade instead of the normal off white color, and it looked like it might be a little dried out. I've never seen a relaxer that looked like this before. It just looked old. I threw it away and opened a second jar that I had--same thing.

I ordered both jars in mid-July from BlueBeez. They sat in my air conditioned office until a few days ago, when I brought them home. There is no date on either jar.

This isn't the first time I've gotten a weird batch of Linange. The last couple of jars were a lot "soupier" than normal, but I went ahead and used them with no problems.

These issues make me nervous about the supplier and/or the quality control for this product. Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

danysedai

Re: Relaxer Weirdness: Has Anyone Else Experienced This?

no, but bumping for you.
I use Affirm Mild and bought the big tube of relaxer, there is an expiration date on it, and it lasts me a year or more, well before the expiration date. It has never changed colour.

Maybe you should edit the thread title to specify Linange relaxer, so the ladies who use it will come in and share their experience.

la mosca

no, but bumping for you.
I use Affirm Mild and bought the big tube of relaxer, there is an expiration date on it, and it lasts me a year or more, well before the expiration date. It has never changed colour.

Maybe you should edit the thread title to specify Linange relaxer, so the ladies who use it will come in and share their experience.

Thanks, danysedai. Good idea to edit the thread title. I puzzled over whether to specify that it was Linange, because I wasn't sure whether this was an issue with relaxers in general. Hearing about your experience with Affirm makes me think that this is is a Linange problem, though. If so, I will be switching relaxers. I'm not interested in playing Russian roulette with my hair.

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun

Where did you buy it? A salon or a BSS? Some BSS' can mix other stuff in there or don't have high turnover so the relaxer can go bad

song_of_serenity

Where did you buy it? A salon or a BSS? Some BSS' can mix other stuff in there or don't have high turnover so the relaxer can go bad

I heard that. Some BSS play "backroom chemist" and mess with relaxers, expensive products and mix them with other things to "stretch" it. Some of the relaxers aren't even the real deal, can be missing items out the box...

Hope you get an answer, OP!

la mosca

I got it from BlueBeez. I ordered more last night from Beauty of New York. I'll be interested to compare them.

tanyaj

I use Linange and have had that problem, but I honestly didnt pay it much attention. Mine however didn;t appear to be dried out. I used it and got the same fabulous results that I always get from Linange.

la mosca

I use Linange and have had that problem, but I honestly didnt pay it much attention. Mine however didn;t appear to be dried out. I used it and got the same fabulous results that I always get from Linange.

I'm glad to hear this issue hasn't caused you any problems. The "dried out" texture was a new one on me, so I decided it was better to be safe than sorry. I'll see how the Linange from Beauty of New York is. (It's supposed to be delivered tomorrow.)

Aggie

I am quite interested to hear what your findings are with the Linange relaxer from BONY. Please let us know.

Aggie

Aggie - Is this what you are going to use to relax?

No, I used Mizani Butter Blend lye relaxer for fine/color treated hair but I was thinking about switching over to Linange at some point. But if they do suffer in the consistency department, then I may have to keep using the MBB relaxer. I really would have loved to try it but not if it has issues.

CA*Nappy

Aggie Thanks for the reply. I was also considering Mizani Butter Blend lye relaxer too. But I hope the Linage line isn't suffering in the consistency department. I think that with all relaxers they need to be stirred before use.

rufus12

Hi, I think that it is a shelf life issue. I love Linange. I purchased an 8lb. Tub of it from tHe JJ hair show in NY back in Feb. Or March this year it was and still is not dried out and remains an off-white color. The normal shelf life for a relaxer is one year. Hope everything works out with BONY.

la mosca

Unbelievable--I just opened the package from BONY, and the two jars I ordered are leaking relaxer. There was a strong relaxer smell as I opened the package. I will not be using this. I just called to complain, and they said they will have to complain to UPS about this. (Apparently, UPS will be contacting me in a couple of days, after which I should receive a refund.)

It really bothers me that the relaxer would be leaking like that. It indicates that they may not have been sealed properly, or were opened.

I am so sick of this nonsense.

CA*Nappy

Urgh! So now what are you going to do? Wait for another shipment? Order from someone else? Hopefully you can stretch longer than expected.

la mosca

Urgh! So now what are you going to do? Wait for another shipment? Order from someone else? Hopefully you can stretch longer than expected.

Yes, this is the pits! I was not planning to stretch like this. Plus, I'm supposed to be attending a dinner this Friday. I just ordered from BlueBeez again, so I'll probably get it sometime next week. I'm very tempted to just switch relaxers right now, but that's basically a last resort. (My hair usually hates that sort of thing.)