Let me reintroduce myself

Dijah

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to say hi again. Though a member for years I have only posted twice.
I want to become more active on this forum. I feel the activity and posting will help me and encourage me on my hair journey.

I became a member in 2004 (I think) but stopped coming by as much in 2008.
January 2008 I decided to have loc extensions installed, which I kept in for 1.5 years. They were okay, but I hated how fake they felt.
In June 2009 I shaved my head and wore it natural until May 1, 2010.
Natural was so much work for me. I would look at the women with there long beautiful natural hair and want it. But the whole only combing when wet, dividing in section was too much work for me. I lost so much hair.
May 1, 2010 I texlaxed my hair. I am happy with this compromise. I keep it straight by wrapping with Infusium and Coconut oil.

Oh yeah, last year I was diagnosed with psoriasis. For me Braggs ACV, and Coconut oil have been more effective than the stuff the derm prescribed. And I think it has contributed to the overall health of my hair. My stylist says my hair is strong and soft and my scalp looks great.

That my story. Thanks all you ladies for posting you stories and reggies that have inspired me to never give up on my hhj.

I'm posting a pic of the protective style I wear for my neck length hair.

Attachments

• PTStyle2.jpg
    PTStyle2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 50
  • PTStyle1.jpg
    PTStyle1.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51

Dijah

Thanks ladies.
My PS was inspired by Michelle Obama. Especially the style she wore in Olso when she travelled for the Nobel ceremony.