LeKair Cholesterol Users

OnlyChild

Is LeKair Cholesterol a protein conditioner? I've been searching and can't seem to get a definitive answer. Should I follow up with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards? How do you implement it into your routine?

Ennyaa

Ya know I've been wondering the exact same thing. Because mine has Protein in it but it's the last ingredient and it also has Jojoba oil. *shrug* I been thinking of switching to ORS Hair Mayo when it runs out.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I treat cholesterol conditioners and ORS Hair Mayo as mild protein conditioners. I don't use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. They have protein in them, but not enough to be considered a heavy duty protein treatment, IMO. Years ago I used Queen Helene Cholesterol on my relaxed hair every week with no problems.

beana3

I used the Lekair cholesterol before and I found it very moisturizing.. I'm actually thinking of going back to it, I'm anxious to try the aloe version. It cheap and effective.
I dont think the protein is significant enough to call it a reconstructor, let alone a proetin treatment. HTH

Melody

I have very, very, dry hair and I found that the regular formula worked better for me. Maybe my hair is strange but I went back to the peach formula. I think they may have made the green version to attract customers who only buy products that say for dry hair. I am usually one of those people, which is why I tried it but my hair was unimpressed. It wasn't bad, just not as good as the original.

beana3

thanks, I often say i have "weird" hair also, maybe i'll just stick with the peach one, b/c i KNOW it works.. thanks for the heads up melody!

Boadicea

Last summer I used Le Kair's Cholesterol Plus for the entrie season (every single day for 1 hour a day) My hair was in moisture heaven with absolutely no dryness. It has a small amount of protein in it so I don't consider it a heay-duty protein conditioner.

Here are the ingredients: Deionized water, Lanette16, PEG 40, Castor Oil, Strearalkonium Chloride, Mineral Oil, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Cholesterol, Jojoba Oil, Aloe, Vitamin E, Keratin Protein, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5, D&C Red No. 4

I use it after I wash and condition my hair (when I used it during the summer, I would rinse my hair with conditioner, and then use it as a deep conditioner for 1-2 hours). try it out. A 20oz. jar is only $3.00

Allandra

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Boadicea said:
Last summer I used Le Kair's Cholesterol Plus for the entrie season (every single day for 1 hour a day) My hair was in moisture heaven with absolutely no dryness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow! I bet your hair was loving all of this moisture. I wish I had the time to condition that long each day.

Boadicea

I just put the conditioner on, put a shoer cap on top, then put a 'scully' cap over that and went about my business. People looked at me as if I were crazy, but they do that all the time /images/graemlins/shocked.gif plus, my hair was loving the extra moisture so I didn't care what starngers thought. Why should I walk around with dry hair?

Tara

Bumping, I've been wanting to try a Cholesterol...and now that I found that Beauty Warehouse....well let's just say I am revisiting a lot of posts to get my list in order /images/graemlins/grin.gif