Lekair Cholesterol

Kiki82

I want to condition wash my hair daily, but I find that if I use my vo5 conditioner my hair is a hard so I usually follow it up with Lekair Cholesterol...Is it ok to use lekair cholesterol daily?

Thanks,
Kiki82

ITA - it's much protein in it. It may be harsh on the hair. Once a week at the most.

What about using Suave or something all natural.

PassionFruit

I consider Cholesterol a MOISTURIZING not protein conditioner( it has protein but not enough to warrant the use of a moisturizer after) .. I use it a lot , never experience any hardness

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=92906&highlight=cholesterol

There are conditioners with protein in them, with such low concentrations of proteins relative to moisturizers and humectants, that they give an overall moisturizing effect. Humecto and CON Nourishing conditioner are both conditioners that contain protein, but yield an overall moisturizing benefit. So, though they contain protein-- they are still considered moisturizing conditioners.

The next level would be protein-based or "protein rich" conditioners. These are regular conditioners that contain higher amounts of protein, relative to their moisturizing and humectant-like agents. These conditioners are generally more "surface-acting", contain larger protein molecules, and yield less dramatic results than “reconstructors. ” Protein-based conditioners rinse away/wear off easily in a few days/washes because they do not penetrate the cuticle layers deeply. LeKair Cholesterol, ORS Replenishing pak, and Mane N Tail come to mind for examples. Because their formulas do contain moisturizing/conditioning agents, a moisturizing conditioner may not need to be used afterward.

The final level would be the treatments/reconstructors. These contain the highest amounts of protein compared to moisturizing agents, and offer very little actual conditioning. The results of reconstructors are usually more dramatic and longer lasting than protein-based conditioners, because they tend to contain concentrated, smaller hydrolized proteins that can penetrate and bind to the cuticle layers a little more deeply. These also vary in protein concentration compared to one another, but as a whole tend to contain more protein than everyday protein-based conditioners. Aphogee 2 Min Keratin reconstructor is an example of a light end reconstructor, and of course the Treatment for Damaged hair is on the heavy end. Because their sole job is to "repair" and/or "reconstuct" these treatments don't offer much in the way of conditioning, and usually have to be followed by moisturizing conditioner.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I think it depends on which formula. I think they do have some that are loaded with protein and may too much over time.

I would check the ingredients.

I use Lustrasilk Cholesterol twice a week and the formulas I love are great for my hair. I would definitely use them daily if I was a co-washer.

Cholesterol itself is not a protein, though. Although, I have seen ladies here say that to newbies. :look:

I love this conditioner - I mix it with castor oil, a little coconut, and peppermint EO. It's my DC with heat and my hair comes out soft and VERY moisturized. I agree with the above - not a protein conditioner. Plus it's cheap and easily accessible. Doesn't bet much better than that in my opinion :yep:

LABETT

I was in the Bss yesterday and noticed two different Cholesterol bottles.
The new one states new improved with castor oil added.
I will have to check and compare the ingredients on my next trip

myronnie

There was really nothing special about it except it kinda made my hair hard. I didn't like it at all. It smells awful also ugh i hate it.

The only cholesterol products i like are ORS Mayo as well as as Queen Helene Cholesterol w/ Ginseng.