Last call for help!!

babygirl_00

Ok...for those of you who have been reading my threads....I'm planing on self relaxing my natural virgin hair this weekend.:grin: If you haven't notice....I'm scared!!!! :perplexedI really wana do this but I'm sooo nervous about it...I'm not scared of applying the relaxer, I'm scared of the out come of my hair...Ladies, I'm sorry if I keep boring you with this...but this is my last week being natural.... I don't trust no one else to do this to my hair. My hair is bra strap length. So I know I have to work fast to apply the relaxer thought out my entire hair. Any words of advise or encouragement would be truly appreciated.

1. base scalp
2. part hair in 4 section
3. apply DE relaxer and leave on for 15 minutes this is from start to finish
4. rinse all of the relaxer out of my hair and apply the neutralizing shampoo( shampoo till subs appear wht)
5. apply ion protein and leave on for 15 minutes then rinse
6. apply DE 6 n 1 to my hair and sit under hair drier for 30 minutes
7. rinse then apply ion silky serum and ion heat protection to hair and blow dry
8. flat iron on low setting.

Does this sound about right you self relaxing ladies...:yep:

C

chica_canella

You may not need to leave it on for fifteen minutes. Do you want it bone straight?

sareca

Make you have enough relaxer. I use an entire container with a 10 month post touch-up.

Last edited:

prospurr4

Ok...for those of you who have been reading my threads....I'm planing on self relaxing my natural virgin hair this weekend.:grin: If you haven't notice....I'm scared!!!! :perplexedI really wana do this but I'm sooo nervous about it...I'm not scared of applying the relaxer, I'm scared of the out come of my hair...Ladies, I'm sorry if I keep boring you with this...but this is my last week being natural.... I don't trust no one else to do this to my hair. My hair is bra strap length. So I know I have to work fast to apply the relaxer thought out my entire hair. Any words of advise or encouragement would be truly appreciated.

1. base scalp
4. rinse all of the relaxer out of my hair and apply the neutralizing shampoo( shampoo till subs appear wht)
7. rinse then apply ion silky serum and ion heat protection to hair and blow dry

After thoroughly rinsing the relaxer, I apply the protein reconstructor for 5 minutes, then rinse. Then I do the neutralizing step. I prefer doing it this way because I don't get that "fresh relaxer, hair stuck to the head" result.

Last edited:

Meli

1. base scalp

what's DE/ DE 6 in I? What brand of ion protein are you using?

babygirl_00

Not that you are not scared enough, but can I ask why you have decided to relax your hair?

No problem. I've decided to relax for a few reason. One, I get tired of the same ole bun everyday. I live in florida so when I flat iron my hair it reverts right back due to the humidity and when the humidity doesn't get to it the sweating from workouts does. At this rate I'm ready for a change. Look at my folki If you haven't already. My attempts to twist aren't coming out all that great because of the different textures in my hair. :wallbash: I would like to wear my hair out...I also believe once I relax I'll be able to achieve many more styles I've been trying to do as a natural. ie twist outs, bread outs, and wash and go and roller sets.. I know for some this is not a good enough reason to relax....but this is my reason.... :grin:

seymone

When you are doing a virgin relaxer, you should start at the end of your hair first. The hair closet to your scalp process faster. I did a virgin relaxer about 7-8 months ago.. HTH.

C

chica_canella

Please make sure you have enough relaxer because I used ORS and it wasn't enough. It was about 9 months of new growth. I would buy two at least, just to be sure.

And are you planning to relax bone straight?

babygirl_00

I have more then enought relaxer I bought a 4 lb tube of the stuff....I'm not sure if I want to do the bone stright. I still want some of my curls... I keep going back and forth....:wallbash::wallbash:

hothair

Girl i cannot wait to see your hair! I'm sure you'll be ok, like the ladies say make sure you have enough relaxer, I would say start applying from the crown out (u know when you section start in the middle and work towards the edges) I do this when I colour cause my edges takes to the chemical more quickly and do the hair closest to the scalp last. What else? Everything looks good to me, set an alarm!! If you're not sure whether to go bone straight, texlax, then if you want it straighter you can do a corrective, it obviously wouldn't work the other way:grin: Good Luck

LoveLiLi

Hey girl, I just looked at your fotki and I don't have much to add except - don't do it, please lawd, don't do it girl! Now that I've got that out of my system, happy relaxing. Please post some pics when you're done.

dillard

ohmygoodness, i'm getting nervous for you! don't do this to me.

remember you can't go from too straight back to curly, but you can always go straighter if you decide to later on. So it's better to keep the relaxer on too short of a time than to keep it on too long!